Newcastle United 0 - 0 Derby County - 28/12/09 - post match reaction from p12

Dave

We're relying on the fact that the opposition can't take their chances and we have the class to put away the ones that come our way. Today, that didn't happen for us, but most of the time, it does.

Spot on, story of the season tbh.

It's also a dangerous game to play, as the last two games have shown. If we pulled the finger out and actually put out our best XI and a decent performance on, we'd run away with this league.

We just seem incapable of stepping out of first gear.

Steven Taylor is the footballing equivalent of Muse. Not bad, quite good at times, but everything is just far too epic, far too over the top. Taylor seems to think he's the captain, always fucking pointing, or shouting, or trying to look like he knows what he's doing.

Missing that chance fucked up our last ten minutes, because Taylor kept charging out of defence when he didn't need to and giving away a foul on the halfway line. He winds me up so much, I just wish he'd fuck off and just play football instead of trying to endear himself to the fans.

Taylor is our all action hero, he reminds me of Captain America from Generation Kill :lol:

Guest Heneage

Steven Taylor is the footballing equivalent of Muse. Not bad, quite good at times, but everything is just far too epic, far too over the top. Taylor seems to think he's the captain, always f***ing pointing, or shouting, or trying to look like he knows what he's doing.

Missing that chance f***ed up our last ten minutes, because Taylor kept charging out of defence when he didn't need to and giving away a foul on the halfway line. He winds me up so much, I just wish he'd f*** off and just play football instead of trying to endear himself to the fans.

If we could get the Taylor of last season back I'd be happy, just someone who kept his head down and popped up with goals. We are way too reliant on 2-3 players to get goals.

Steven Taylor is the footballing equivalent of Muse. Not bad, quite good at times, but everything is just far too epic, far too over the top. Taylor seems to think he's the captain, always fucking pointing, or shouting, or trying to look like he knows what he's doing.

Missing that chance fucked up our last ten minutes, because Taylor kept charging out of defence when he didn't need to and giving away a foul on the halfway line. He winds me up so much, I just wish he'd fuck off and just play football instead of trying to endear himself to the fans.

hahaha

Taylor is our all action hero, he reminds me of Captain America from Generation Kill :lol:

You have no idea how angry he makes me. He's a good player but fuck me, his head has either taken a bang or it's swollen just like his stupid chest.

Guest The_Scoreboard

awful frustrating game. where the fook was guthrie??? how fooking lazy was shola and he is doing my head when he thinks he's ronaldo all of a sudden now he has banged 7 goals in. Oh and another thing why do our players pass back to harper just for him to hoof the fucker up the field to no one. Our lead is gonna dwindle if they (Hughton) dont sort this shit out.

Isnt it amazing how upset we get about a draw after all those wins :rolleyes:

To used to things going wrong, being negatives been drilled into us. I doubt theres a single fan that doesnt think its fully possible we could lose this lead & finish 4th

I'll eat the head off anybody who sits in their rocking chair by the fire and cockily snorts 'Well we can't win every game...' - that reaction fucking annoys me.

When you're good enough to win a game, you should win it. We shouldn't write it off just because we've already won a few this season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper-6- Average, not too much to do

Simpson-6-Could  have done better attacking wise

Taylor-6.5- Solid enough performance

Coloccini-6.5-^

Enrique-5.5- Hasn't looked his usual self these last couple of games

R.Taylor-6-Good free kick, should have scored that one on one chance he had, average throughout

Smith-6.5- A couple of good tackles and interceptions

Nolan-5-Pretty poor

Jonas-7- Good game in all, took on full backs and put in some alright crosses

Carroll-6-Tried hard but got no real result

Lovenkrands-6.5-Had a bright start, his pace was always going to be a threat to the Derby defence, and good control and skill for his chance. Dwindled in the second half.

Subs-

Pancrate-6-Decent enough when he came on, couple of good runs.

Ameobi-5-Slow and unagile. Rather than try lots of clever flicks he should try and do something useful like pass the ball or bring someone else into play

Ranger-6-Got involved, the lad.

I'll eat the head off anybody who sits in their rocking chair by the fire and cockily snorts 'Well we can't win every game...' - that reaction fucking annoys me.

When you're good enough to win a game, you should win it. We shouldn't write it off just because we've already won a few this season.

True story. The draw with Sheff Weds wouldn't have looked as bad if it was followed by a win tonight - as it is they're a pair of fucking woeful results and the team deserve the pressure they're putting themselves under.

True story. The draw with Sheff Weds wouldn't have looked as bad if it was followed by a win tonight - as it is they're a pair of fucking woeful results and the team deserve the pressure they're putting themselves under.

There is no pressure though, the media certainly don't apply any and the players hardly play like they're being chased down by West Brom etc. I can't see Hughton drilling it into them either. We're still top so everything is fucking great. :thup: :rolleyes:

There is no pressure though, the media certainly don't apply any and the players hardly play like they're being chased down by West Brom etc. I can't see Hughton drilling it into them either. We're still top so everything is fucking great. :thup: :rolleyes:

Awesomely mature response.

What? ???

I'll eat the head off anybody who sits in their rocking chair by the fire and cockily snorts 'Well we can't win every game...' - that reaction f***ing annoys me.

True story. The draw with Sheff Weds wouldn't have looked as bad if it was followed by a win tonight - as it is they're a pair of f***ing woeful results and the team deserve the pressure they're putting themselves under.

There is no pressure though, the media certainly don't apply any and the players hardly play like they're being chased down by West Brom etc. I can't see Hughton drilling it into them either. We're still top so everything is f***ing great. :thup: :rolleyes:

It was 120% correct though. Some people are sitting with their heads in the sand, thinking that because we're top of the league now it's all ok.

and our general fitness levels are shocking and have been for a long time....

Our 2 fitness & strength coaches of last season left:

Mark Hulse went to Liverpool.

Robbie Elliott left in the summer & is now working for the USA women team & Nike SPARQ. At Nike SPARQ his boss is our former fitness coach Paul Winsper.

I think one of the physio does our fitness training now & no its no D.Wright.

Guest The_Scoreboard

To used to things going wrong, being negatives been drilled into us. I doubt theres a single fan that doesnt think its fully possible we could lose this lead & finish 4th

As per usual i tell myself no one can lose it with that many points advantage, but then i think back to scunthorpe, blackpool, bristol city and qpr and of course sheff wed and today. hope to god i'm wrong cos i cant handle the whole country laughing at us again for bottling it  ;D

You're right Dave - I badly worded it - I meant the pressure that's going to come their way.

There's a real danger they'll bottle this.

As per usual i tell myself no one can lose it with that many points advantage, but then i think back to scunthorpe, blackpool, bristol city and qpr and of course sheff wed and today. hope to god i'm wrong cos i cant handle the whole country laughing at us again for bottling it  ;D

We'll be fine with the 10....9.....8.....6 point advantage. 3 when West Brom win their game in hand.

Can someone please clarify which of the following is correct about some fans (several thousand by the sound of it) at the end were booing -

1.the referee and his dubious decisions?

2. Mike Ashley and his Cockney Mafia

Or

3. the NUFC team that are currently top of the division and unbeaten since God knows when???