Newcastle United 0 - 0 Derby County - 28/12/09 - post match reaction from p12

Dave

Can someone please clarify which of the following is correct about some fans (several thousand by the sound of it) at the end were booing -

1.the referee and his dubious decisions?

2. Mike Ashley and his Cockney Mafia

Or

3. the NUFC team that are currently top of the division and unbeaten since God knows when???

4. The dropped points at home against the team 18th in the league.

Probably 4. :razz:

Can someone please clarify which of the following is correct about some fans (several thousand by the sound of it) at the end were booing -

1.the referee and his dubious decisions?

2. Mike Ashley and his Cockney Mafia

Or

3. the NUFC team that are currently top of the division and unbeaten since God knows when???

4. The dropped points at home against the team 18th in the league.

Probably 4.  :razz:

But Dave, we didn't lose. And we nearly scored so technically we did win.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Should have f***ing murdered that s**** today. Ryan Taylor and Lovenkrands guilty of two shocking misses. Shola looked appalling when he came on.

Care to refresh my memory?

I don't normally post on here so don't shoot me down in flames if you don't agree with my opinions regular posters. I don't normally get to go to games due to me living and working abroad, but I managed to get home to Newcastle this xmas so took the opportunity to take my 2 boys to their 1st ever game at St James Park, they are born and bred in the USA, play football (or soccer as they call it) and due to the influence of me are black and white through and through. They had a great experience tonight but I just wish they had of seen a Newcastle United team that would have made that first visit even more enjoyable.

Tonight I think Chris Hughton got some of his substitutions massively wrong. The game was crying out for a player to put there foot on the ball in the middle of the park and actually look to make things happen, the only player in the squad capable of doing that in my opinion is Danny Guthrie, I think himself and Alan Smith would compliment each other very well. So if I were Chris Hughton I would have taken Peter Lovenkrands off and replaced him with Guthrie with Nolan pushing in a more advanced role. Secondly what was the point in taking Ryan Taylor off, all night long he provided decent delivery into the box, surely due to the fact we were winning many corners and free kicks in good areas it would have been worthwhile to keep him on. Lastly Hughton is bringing Ranger onto the field far too late in games.......the boy nearly won it for us in the end. Maybe the last two games are proof that our luck and "doing just enough" in games has worn off. Also I think Pancrate is stunting the development of players such as Lua Lua as for me he offers nothing in the games I have seen over this Holiday period. Yes he scored a fantastic goal v Watford, but looking at the bigger picture is probably no better than some of our youngsters.

Obviously Hughton doesnt trust Guthrie in that central role, so he needs to make it a priority to get someone who can run games for us and create. Its going to be hard with the budget he has but that creative playmaker and NOT a centre half should be his transfer priority.

Ryan Taylor's chance was an unreal miss. I still can't get over Nolan's as well. He was through on goal, this is the player that everything he randomly hits ends up in the back of the net atm and he hesitated; he fucking hesitated! I couldn't believe it.

I don't normally post on here so don't shoot me down in flames if you don't agree with my opinions regular posters. I don't normally get to go to games due to me living and working abroad, but I managed to get home to Newcastle this xmas so took the opportunity to take my 2 boys to their 1st ever game at St James Park, they are born and bred in the USA, play football (or soccer as they call it) and due to the influence of me are black and white through and through. They had a great experience tonight but I just wish they had of seen a Newcastle United team that would have made that first visit even more enjoyable.

Tonight I think Chris Hughton got some of his substitutions massively wrong. The game was crying out for a player to put there foot on the ball in the middle of the park and actually look to make things happen, the only player in the squad capable of doing that in my opinion is Danny Guthrie, I think himself and Alan Smith would compliment each other very well. So if I were Chris Hughton I would have taken Peter Lovenkrands off and replaced him with Guthrie with Nolan pushing in a more advanced role. Secondly what was the point in taking Ryan Taylor off, all night long he provided decent delivery into the box, surely due to the fact we were winning many corners and free kicks in good areas it would have been worthwhile to keep him on. Lastly Hughton is bringing Ranger onto the field far too late in games.......the boy nearly won it for us in the end. Maybe the last two games are proof that our luck and "doing just enough" in games has worn off. Also I think Pancrate is stunting the development of players such as Lua Lua as for me he offers nothing in the games I have seen over this Holiday period. Yes he scored a fantastic goal v Watford, but looking at the bigger picture is probably no better than some of our youngsters.

Obviously Hughton doesnt trust Guthrie in that central role, so he needs to make it a priority to get someone who can run games for us and create. Its going to be hard with the budget he has but that creative playmaker and NOT a centre half should be his transfer priority.

Spot on with pretty much all of that IMO. Glad your lads had a good time. :thup:

Spot on with pretty much all of that IMO. Glad your lads had a good time. :thup:

This.  :aww:

I agree with all of it except for the bit about Pancrate and LuaLua. I think Hughton just doesn't fancy Kazenga, and to be honest he's been piss poor in the few appearances he's made lately. Pancrate looks good to me, although he's clearly a home player.

:clap:

Guest The_Scoreboard

I still can't get over Nolan's as well. He was through on goal, this is the player that everything he randomly hits ends up in the back of the net atm and he hesitated; he f***ing hesitated! I couldn't believe it.

he had 2 chances either side of the box if i remember right where he could have just pulled the trigger across the goal (like against Doncaster i think it was). :idiot2:

Spot on with most of that, mate :thup: You should start posting here more often, glad your boys had a good time, as Dave already said. :)

You should post more and I've only read your first two lines.

Spot on with most of that, mate :thup: You should start posting here more often, glad your boys had a good time, as Dave already said. :)

I'll leave the posting to you guys as it provides me with some good reading material. Keep up the good work. Hopefully we can get promoted although I have a feeling its going to be a lot tighter in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully Hughton can prove me wrong with some astute signings in January but for some reason I don't think he will.

I agree with all of it except for the bit about Pancrate and LuaLua. I think Hughton just doesn't fancy Kazenga, and to be honest he's been piss poor in the few appearances he's made lately. Pancrate looks good to me, although he's clearly a home player.

Sorry but I agree with the original post, I think LuaLua would do a very good job in this carthorse of a team in this division and he's hardly had any time on the pitch.  Hughton picks senior players ahead of kids and doesn't seem to have the balls to drop certain players unless he has to.

Guthrie is creative because he plays out wide, we would lose that in the middle. He has never impressed me that much in the few games he has played in the middle. Although he may of played well against Pompey in the middle iirc.

The fact that he can actually pass the ball gives him an advantage over Nolan in central midfield. Nolan couldn't pass the parcel at a party.

Should have f***ing murdered that s**** today. Ryan Taylor and Lovenkrands guilty of two shocking misses. Shola looked appalling when he came on.

A header straight at the 'keeper.

It was S.Taylor wasn't it?

Sorry but I agree with the original post, I think LuaLua would do a very good job in this carthorse of a team in this division and he's hardly had any time on the pitch.  Hughton picks senior players ahead of kids and doesn't seem to have the balls to drop certain players unless he has to.

I don't see enough of the games over here live so I will take any opinion given to me. But what I do everyday is read blogs, forums and the local rags and up until recently Lua Lua was being hailed as a very good prospect. I just feel that there isn't any point whatsover in bringing players like Pancrate to the club unless he is going to be a starter every week. Lua Lua could do what he does coming off the bench in the last two games I have seen him live, both tonight and at Sheffield Wednesday. After all if Pancrate was decent he would not have been out of contract at the time we signed him (after the transfer deadline).

Guthrie is creative because he plays out wide, we would lose that in the middle. He has never impressed me that much in the few games he has played in the middle. Although he may of played well against Pompey in the middle iirc.

What do you mean by creative? Creativity isn't just crossing a ball you know..... its about having a good first touch, being composed in possession, playing with your head up, keeping the ball moving quickly and passing with a good level of accuracy and conviction. Guthrie aint no world beater but he does that better than anyone else in our club at this moment in time including Kevin Nolan. Plus he is a Central Midfield player by trade not a Right Midfielder.

A header straight at the 'keeper.

It was S.Taylor wasn't it?

Who it was is unimportant - it was a shocking miss.