England v Rep of Ireland

Guest GLENEAGLE

Guest GLENEAGLE

i always wonder what a match between these 2 countries would be like today. The last was back in 1995 which was abandoned due to fan violence after 25 mins or something like that. Now i know this match will always be fiery due to obvious reasons in history but in just football terms how would you see this battle go without being too biased. If we ever get to play each other, i dont think i would be able to think about anythin else in the weeks running up to it.It would be always on my mind with huge excitement, not because i hate england or any of that petty stuff, simply because of the rivalry and pride between the 2 countries. The best line-ups of both teams imo would be:

----------------------ROBINSON---------------------

NEV------------TERRY------------FERDI---------COLE

GERRARD-------LAMPS------HARGREAVES------COLE

---------------ROONEY----------OWEN--------------

--------------DOYLE-------------KEANE--------------

DUFF---------REID--------------CARSLEY------MCGEADY

O SHEA-------DUNNE----------MCSHANE------FINNAN

-----------------------GIVEN--------------------------

Of Course, England would have the better indivdual players but as we all know, they havent played amazing together in the last few years. Lately ireland have been useless but i think they are coming back to form. This match would be an amazing event. I just wouldnt be able to predict the result. Lets have discussions about it. thanks, Gleneagle!

Guest IrishToon

Both sides have their fair share of prima donnas.

For us, O'Shea, Duff, Robbie Keane, rarely perform for Ireland, hell some people are even calling for Keane to be dropped!!

A 1-1 draw, Kevin Doyle scoring first, Gerrard rescuing England late on ;)

If injuries do not count then my line-up would be

England

Foster

Neville Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Lennon Hargreaves Gerrard J.Cole

Rooney Owen

Eire

Given

Finnan McShane Dunne O'Shea

McGeady S.Reid A.Reid Duff

Doyle Keane

I think England will win. England are simply stronger in all areas except keeper and manager.

I find it hard to get excited by int'l games but this one would certainly get me going. I'd give anything to stick one over on Paddy's. Yet despite Ireland being gash they'd probably nick a draw via some low quality goal.

Guest IrishToon

I find it hard to get excited by int'l games but this one would certainly get me going. I'd give anything to stick one over on Paddy's. Yet despite Ireland being gash they'd probably nick a draw via some low quality goal.

Funny coz its true  :cool:

What I've always found odd is the way so many Irish people support English clubs, refer to them as 'we' and 'us', yet when it comes to England, club heroes become hated in an instant. Strange world.

Funny coz its true  :cool:

What I've always found odd is the way so many Irish people support English clubs, refer to them as 'we' and 'us', yet when it comes to England, club heroes become hated in an instant. Strange world.

Exactly my thoughts. The hatred of the Irish towards the English certainly is intense.