The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think it's premature at all, it shows that he's not cut out to be boss.

Got to admit, I'm massively worried by his refusal to deal with the Nolan situation. That's the nettle that needs to be grasped but he simply won't.

It's either a massive flaw in judgement, or outright cowardice. Either way, it sadly needs to be addressed before we hit March and need to get points at places like Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea to survive.

It's either a massive flaw in judgement, or outright cowardice. Either way, it sadly needs to be addressed before we hit March and need to get points at places like Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea to survive.

Couldn't agree more.  :thup:

Probably, he'd be f***ing knackered so he'd tuck inside and find a bit of cheeky space despite his massive girth.

I wouldn't expect Nolan to get many goals playing from the wing.  So far his 3 goals have been a penalty which most players score from.  His first against Villa was a soft header which he was lucky to get as the keeper should never have put the ball on his head and the other was a good goal as he was in the right place at the right time.  Apart from that I can't remember any keeper having to make a brilliant save to keep one of his shots out, I might be wrong, and he hasn't an assist to his name.  Basically, he hasn't done anything this season to change a game through direct play as his goals have come when we were walking one game and the other was a defeat.

I've actually lost site of why we're discussing Jonas v Nolan when they play in different positions.  :lol:

I'd rather cut a bollock off with a rusty razor blade than swap Nolan for Jonas. I love Gutierrez but in no way is he capable of performing that off the shoulder role that Chunk is. First of all for all his sins Nolan seems capable of reading a game, getting into space and doing something with the ball when we're seeing enough of it whereas Jonas either punts it into row L, punts it into row R or punts it into row Y.

If anyone is going to replace Nolan it'll be HBA, Jonas will go back on the left and we can watch him and Enrique bum rape full backs once again. Happy days.

I'd rather cut a bollock off with a rusty razor blade than swap Nolan for Jonas. I love Gutierrez but in no way is he capable of performing that off the shoulder role that Chunk is. First of all for all his sins Nolan seems capable of reading a game, getting into space and doing something with the ball when we're seeing enough of it whereas Jonas either punts it into row L, punts it into row R or punts it into row Y.

If anyone is going to replace Nolan it'll be HBA, Jonas will go back on the left and we can watch him and Enrique bum rape full backs once again. Happy days.

Eh I think thats what people have been saying for the past 50 pages or so

So therefore, Jonas will replace Nolan. Just not in the same position.

See: the past umpteen pages.

I wonder what will satisfy you and your kind of you here??? I am sure you think this team is capable of top four finish... Delusional C***s

Getting points of Blackpool and Stoke would do me.

Someone ban this half-wit, please.

What about losing at Goodison and Stamford bridge? I am sure you don't mind that as well...

The Chelsea result won't help keep us up.

Guest Heneage

He seems to really be lacking consistency in results. We go from winning in the Cup to then loosing at home in a smash and grab game. It's almost like as soon as he does something to gain a point something bad happens to lose one.

What about losing at Goodison and Stamford bridge? I am sure you don't mind that as well...

Doesn't make up for it at all.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Doesn't change the fact we should have beaten both of those sides, and the fact they are the teams around us is even more worrying.

The Chelsea result wasn't a league fixture and counts for nothing.

Bit harsh on half-wits tbh.

Ronaldo is a dictator who wants to hear his kind of opinion or else don't like it thats why he want me ban..... If he is a leader of some third world country I am sure he want me Killed.

:lol:

I still don't have a clue what you were actually disagreeing with in my earlier post. It's common sense, man; either Hughton is scared to drop Nolan or he's daft enough to think he's worth his place in the team. I'd certainly love to hear your alternative.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ronaldo is a dictator who wants to hear his kind of opinion or else don't like it thats why he want me ban..... If he is a leader of some third world country I am sure he want me Killed.

:lol:

I think his points have been pretty valid in all fairness.

He seems to really be lacking consistency in results. We go from winning in the Cup to then loosing at home in a smash and grab game. It's almost like as soon as he does something to gain a point something bad happens to lose one.

the only thing we gained from the chelsea game was the possibility that way may have a bit more depth than we thought, the team that we had out and they had out means nowt in view of league games.

Probably the most hilarious post I've seen on here..!

the only thing we gained from the chelsea game was the possibility that way may have a bit more depth than we thought, the team that we had out and they had out means nowt in view of league games.

Would have willingly swapped the Chelsea and Stoke results - one is just bragging rights against a Top 4 team's reserves, the other may just the points we need to stay up......

Would have willingly swapped the Chelsea and Stoke results - one is just bragging rights against a Top 4 team's reserves, the other may just the points we need to stay up......

:thup:

Aye, it feels a bit like 2 steps forward, one step back to me.

Villa win and Wolves draw - Blackpool defeat

Everton win and Chelsea win - Stoke defeat

It needs addressing like.

Aye, it feels a bit like 2 steps forward, one step back to me.

Villa win and Wolves draw - Blackpool defeat

Everton win and Chelsea win - Stoke defeat

It needs addressing like.

We'd be a top 6 team if we did, which we're clearly not. We're going to get results like this, have very erratic form, and as long as we bumble along to over 40 points, then that'll do me.