The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Statement: 'Chris is our manager, he will remain our manager, we will renegotiate his deal at the end of the year'. Good.

SO what are the "more questions than answers" in that? :lol:

The End of Year part, still over 2 months away.  Why not this year.

To see how we're doing?

People trusting NUFC statements :lol:

What has the world come to.

tell me, what did you want them to say given tonights media bullshit?

Nothing, because every statement they come out with has more holes than a golf-course.

They say nothing and the speculation triples. They release this and at least the media can't spin too much of a web.

No, they give Hughton a new contract now, and that ends all speculation.

As if it's that easy. It's not a piece of paper rushed up on Microsoft Word for them to print off and him to sign :lol:

whether its that easy or not, why should they do it?

(agree with you btw).

I wasn't aware he was even under any sort of pressure??

media have been making noises (see anal oliver brian mcmackem and that guy from the daily fail)

Seems daft to me.

Okay, you haven't set the division alight but you're not doing terribly either & have had some decent wins.

It's not like you spent much in the summer to warrant high expectations...

i'd say almost all on here agree and the board seem to as well but the media are just reaching for their old standby newcastle stories "manager about to be sacked" "unrealistic expectations from fans" blah blah blah

Guest neesy111

Statement: 'Chris is our manager, he will remain our manager, we will renegotiate his deal at the end of the year'. Good.

To see how we're doing?

Exactly, if they trusted Hughton now they would give him new contract now, or be in talks with him. (Remember december is a very busy Football month as well).

They've given themselves time, for if things go tit's up before the January transfer window.

Disgraceful that this statement has been provoked. Shows just how much influence these wankers have on the braindead masses.

:thup:

And they'll still find something in it to spin it as a negative one.

give them neesy's number.

:)

To see how we're doing?

Exactly, if they trusted Hughton now they would give him new contract now, or be in talks with him. (Remember december is a very busy Football month as well).

They've given themselves time, for if things go tit's up before the January transfer window.

surely thats a good thing???

what is your point here exactly?

Guest neesy111

The fact is your all trusting NUFC and board statements, need I go into the past to see how many of these have been found to be just PR exercises to appease the fans.

Guest neesy111

To see how we're doing?

It is a good thing, but it's the club not 100% backing Hughton imo.

The fact is your all trusting NUFC and board statements, need I go into the past to see how many of these have been found to be just PR exercises to appease the fans.

eh???

what am i believing??

they are giving themselves time to see how we do, as we should. the statment says they'll renegotiate at end of year.

if we're doing shite, they wont.

what are you getting at exactly?

No one is trusting them tbh, just saying that it's good they've come out and actually backed their manager.  If they then sack him next week they'll rightly be criticised for making the statement.

To see how we're doing?

Well yeah it is. He's under contract until May/June, we've said we're not going to terminate that contract, and we're going to talk to him about a new contract down the line.

To see how we're doing?

if its a good thing, why do you want them to give him a new deal now?

eh???

what am i believing??

they are giving themselves time to see how we do, as we should. the statment says they'll renegotiate at end of year.

Just fucking ignore him man.

Guest neesy111

eh???

what am i believing??

I just don't believe the statement about them going into negotiations at end of the year, think they'll use excuse's to put it off till end of the season.