Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

He's better than Taylor imo.  No doubt plenty will disagree.

I agree with this, you get none of the show-man-ship and silly giveaway penalties which lose you points like you do with Taylor.

If you could only give him Taylor's confidence.

???

Guest bimpy474

I do love when people take a single game in isolation. Yes did ok today but when he's in the team regularly he is a massive liability.

Noggins are all twirly today like.

Guest neesy111

Williamson was costing us a goal every other game (at best) for the part of the season he was in the team.

Not unlike Taylor in the last 2 home games then?

I agree with this, you get none of the show-man-ship and silly giveaway penalties which lose you points like you do with Taylor.

If you could only give him Taylor's confidence.

???

Same type of player a Perch his confidence needs to grow. Once it does you will have a decent player who doesnt delibrately handball or go down like a poof to try and hide it.

Guest bimpy474

Williamson was costing us a goal every other game (at best) for the part of the season he was in the team.

Fair point, neither are good enough if want to be successful long term.

Guest neesy111

Exactly, Williamson gets more criticism as he's an easy target compared to S Taylor.

2 games. Taylor has been all right for the most part of his season. Definitely can't say the same about Williamson.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, Williamson gets more criticism as he's an easy target compared to S Taylor.

Well i do think Saylor if much better, not saying a lot that though mind.

Guest neesy111

2 games. Taylor has been all right for the most part of his season. Definitely can't say the same about Williamson.

Our Goals Conceded says differently.

Taylor's actually had a good run of games though where he's been consistently decent/good. Start of last year.

By comparison, Williamson gets worse and worse the more he plays.

Fucks sake man, Taylor's the least of our problems. He's more than good enough for us with the right partner.

Guest bimpy474

Fucks sake man, Taylor's the least of our problems. He's more than good enough for us with the right partner.

Well our goals against would say different. Colo and someone else for me.

I'm still of the opinion that our GA is more reflective of the defensive philosophy than personnel. Could've had Kompany and Vidic at CB and we would've conceded a ton of goals under FORTRESS NEWCASTLE.

Can's see Taylor wanting to play for some Argentinian no name outfit to be honest.

Guest bimpy474

I'm still of the opinion that our GA is more reflective of the defensive philosophy than personnel. Could've had Kompany and Vidic at CB and we would've conceded a ton of goals under FORTRESS NEWCASTLE.

Probably right, sitting back like Pardew gets us to do is a goal waiting to happen. It's just players like Kompany and Vidic make less mistakes and make better decisions.

I like Saylor, it's just the injuries and if you really want to be better then i think we a better player. MInd you you could say that about a few positions at the moment.

Guest bimpy474

Can's see Taylor wanting to play for some Argentinian no name outfit to be honest.

Aye very true, think Colo wanting out is to do with Pardew tbh.

Played well and did his job today, other than allowing the team to continue floating long balls to him from free kicks.

Needs binning in the summer but has been a good servant of the club and looked class in the championship, even the first part of our promotion season tbf. If he had any pace i'd consider keeping him but he is limited because of it and relies on shirt pulling or giving cheap fouls away.

I'm very excited to watch MYM develop at CB. Watching him play you can tell he's just oozing with talent. Was arguably the best CB in Ligue 1 before the transfer. Once he gets settled and figures out the pace of the PL, he'll be a staunch CB for us. Took Colo some time to acclimate as well.

Taylor is a good defender when fit, however he can never be relied upon to stay fit for a lengthy string of matches. We definitely need an upgrade on him for this reason...