Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

He made a mistake, everyone makes them sometimes.  He's been good generally so he should definitely still keep his place unless Hughton thinks he needs a rest.

Why doesn't Campbell deserve a chance?

surely it's "why does he deserve a chance ?".

There's a cabinet of medals that answer that question.

I'm sure Roy Keane is free to play too.

He made a mistake, everyone makes them sometimes.  He's been good generally so he should definitely still keep his place unless Hughton thinks he needs a rest.

I'm sure Roy Keane is free to play too.

Roy Keane retired in 2006. And didn't start for Arsenal last season.

last one dated when ?

neither of our centre halves has been bad enough to require dropping and it's not like we have any reason think sol will be all that he once was.

We're not a f***ing charity. :lol:

You can use that stupid arguement with players like Perch, who've had a few starts. Campbell hasn't had one.

Perch played because there wasn't anyone else. Simpson has displaced him immediately upon his return.

May 2008.

Sol deserves a chance. He hasn't started a game yet, how are we going to find out conclusively if he still has it or not?

Doesn't really answer the question does it?

It answers Madras' question, Einstein.

What's that got to do with charity? Identifying our strongest Xl isn't charity, it's common sense. We can't do that if certain players (especially capable players) aren't getting a chance.

i'd put taylor in before campbell, based on performances, age and such.

May 2008.

Sol deserves a chance. He hasn't started a game yet, how are we going to find out conclusively if he still has it or not?

Doesn't really answer the question does it?

It answers Madras' question, Einstein.

it means he was in the pompey team that won the FA Cup, so i'd assume ronaldo wouldn't be averse to us taking kanu on ?

What's that got to do with charity? Identifying our strongest Xl isn't charity, it's common sense. We can't do that if certain players (especially capable players) aren't getting a chance.

You mentioned Perch, not me.

You're suggesting giving Campbell a chance to find out if he's still got it. Well what if he hasn't? We don't pick players to give them a chance, we pick players to win football matches. Up until tonight that's been going pretty well recently as it happens.

What people are refusing to do, is weight-up both players, or all three, even. Attribute for attribute, Williamson's probably the weakest of the three.

It's all good pointing out that Williamson has done nowt wrong, but this is basically false, and completely the wrong mentality anyway.

Success isn't achieved by accepting that which isn't wrong; it's achieved by addressing what can be more right.

What people are refusing to do, is weight-up both players, or all three, even. Attribute for attribute, Williamson's probably the weakest of the three.

It's all good pointing out that Williamson has done nowt wrong, but this is basically false, and completely the wrong mentality anyway.

Success isn't achieved by accepting that which isn't wrong; it's achieved by addressing what can be more right.

what you are refusing to do is understand that the management and coaching staff are doing that already......plus it's 4 first team centre halves and from my viewing taylor comes in if there were to be a need to drop someone.

You mentioned Perch, not me.

You're suggesting giving Campbell a chance to find out if he's still got it. Well what if he hasn't? We don't pick players to give them a chance, we pick players to win football matches. Up until tonight that's been going pretty well recently as it happens.

Not against a certain style of play it hasn't. We're crying out for a bit of raw strength back there.

As for the part in bold; I'd pick Campbell for us, not him.