Transfer Policy at NUFC

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest neesy111

I knew people would pick up on Robert.  Yes he was a decent player.  He was amazing for 1 and a half seasons.  He never maintained that form - that's why he was not a consistent top 4 player.

Name me a more effectice midfielder at SJP in the last 30 years. Goals/assists he has no peers.

I agree with you.  For one season.  Maybe one season and a half.

In terms of consistency, Solano.

Which season and a half? In his third season, he was unstoppable for the majority.

Robert official stats:

2004/05

5 assists (33rd in the league) and 3 goals (115th in the league)

2003/04

7 assists (14th in the league) and 6 goals (50th in the league)

2002/03

5 assists (36th in the league) and 5 goals (69th in the league)

2001/02

16 assists (1st in the league) and 8 goals (40th in the league)

Not sure he was unstoppable for the majority of the 3rd season you know...  If he was, a fair few others were unstoppable as well.

those stat's look well dodgy

In terms of improving the first XI then we've only done that with Routledge, which is decent, but not great. In terms of strengthening the overall squad we've done pretty well, at least in defence, with Williamson giving us backup at centre half. Fitz Hall is shit so a like-for-like replacement for Khizanishvili. Van Aarnholt is a good temporary measure for backup. Attack is probably slightly weaker then before January, unless Best proves to be better than Harewood. Relieved there's not really been any major outgoings.

Overall a decent window, though slightly disappointing we didn't really improve our strikeforce. Not great, as some seem to be suggesting, mind you. Great would be getting in a few players to improve the first XI rather than the one in Routledge, and going for players who can also go on and make an impact in the premiership, and i'm not sure any of the new lads have it in them for that.

as for some saying we've conducted business in secret - wtf has that come from? bids for players like Moses, Beckford, Williamson, Kilgallon, Perch have been very well publicised.

as for some saying we've conducted business in secret - wtf has that come from? bids for players like Moses, Beckford, Williamson, Kilgallon, Perch have been very well publicised.

And we only actually got one of those. Hmm.

Yeah, cos I said Routledge was better than Robert. :clap2: :clap2:

Signing the likes of him is a better transfer policy according to you.

Two can play this game...

Signing Viana was better than Speed?

Signing Owen better than Bellamy?

Signing Luque better than Rob Lee?

Signing Duff was better than Solano?

Signing Coloccini/Boumsong better than Dabizas/Woodgate?