Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

tonight wouldve been a lot worse has forest got points. 3-0 looks very flattering to them and it sounded on the radio like there wasnt a lot wrong with our performance. lets just put it down to a bad night and beat swansea (which we really HAVE to do now). last time we lost, it was followed by a 6 game winning streak, so lets hope for a similar reaction.

tonight wouldve been a lot worse has forest got points. 3-0 looks very flattering to them and it sounded on the radio like there wasnt a lot wrong with our performance. lets just put it down to a bad night and beat swansea (which we really HAVE to do now). last time we lost, it was followed by a 6 game winning streak, so lets hope for a similar reaction.

how many teams have we played this season who could say the same thing ? we done the exact same thing to swansea.

we've been getting points whilst not playing well, don't hide folks, walk out into the sun and admit it.

It is quite clear he does not see Loven as a away game player. He has hardly started any league games away from home.

bet he starts on saturday...in front of smith and nolan.

Moncur reckons Guthrie had his best match for us this evening.

We have a game in hand and West Brom still have some tough games to play including Forest away, chill folks.

They've played Forest twice. They've got Cardiff away next Tuesday though.

Our last game with any of the top four!

It is quite clear he does not see Loven as a away game player. He has hardly started any league games away from home.

bet he starts on saturday...in front of smith and nolan.

Moncur reckons Guthrie had his best match for us this evening.

moncur reckons i'm going to do that kielder marathon.

Just got back, we were abysmal.

Must mention the referee and his assistants, the referee basically let the two assistants make all the decisions and more often than not they were wrong. The fat one nearest the away end was either a Derby, West Brom or Sunderland supporter, there can be no other reason for his decisions.

Special mention also to the piece of skill right in front of the away end by One Size, amazing.

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

Prob worth starting loven next game and carry on where we left off v Cardiff.

How do you know all that?

He doesn't because it is nonsense, we were fucking crap tonight and weren't interested, they were up for it and were by far the better side. I've never seen so many of our players bottle tackles as I did tonight.

Savage gave half our team a good kick in the first 10 minutes and after that we were shit scared of them ffs.

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

He doesn't because it is nonsense, we were f***ing crap tonight and weren't interested, they were up for it and were by far the better side. I've never seen so many of our players bottle tackles as I did tonight.

Savage gave half our team a good kick in the first 10 minutes and after that we were s*** scared of them ffs.

slag savage off all you want he's been the best player on the park nearly every time i've seen him. and for the second time i'd take him over ALL of our central midfielders.

He doesn't because it is nonsense, we were f***ing crap tonight and weren't interested, they were up for it and were by far the better side. I've never seen so many of our players bottle tackles as I did tonight.

Savage gave half our team a good kick in the first 10 minutes and after that we were s*** scared of them ffs.

slag savage off all you want he's been the best player on the park nearly every time i've seen him. and for the second time i'd take him over ALL of our central midfielders.

Where did I slag him off?

He ran the show tonight.

He ran the show tonight.

no. sorry, wasn't having a go like that, it was rhetorical as many do slag him off.

He ran the show tonight.

no. sorry, wasn't having a go like that, it was rhetorical as many do slag him off.

Oh aye, and he loves it. He loved it when he was getting abused by the away end tonight.

Guest Stephen927

The landlady said 1-0 to Derby so I thought nah, not gonna listen to the rest of the game, then I come home just now to this..

What the fuck went wrong?

Playing Carroll and Best up front is never going to work, neither of them were a threat at all tonight. Did either of them even have a shot? Wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.

Best is tidy with his back to goal but has shown nothing in the box.

Playing Carroll and Best up front is never going to work, neither of them were a threat at all tonight. Did either of them even have a shot? Wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.

3 goals in fifteen minutes in the last match?

Where do people find these absolutes from.

did they get any service ?

3 goals in fifteen minutes in the last match?

Where do people find these absolutes from.

It will not work as a long term partnership, has to be one of Carroll, Best or Shola with Lovenkrands.

I think we will soon see that the Cardiff result was a one off.

did they get any service ?

Not a great deal but they can't have everything laid on a plate, their movement off the ball isn't good enough.

Routledge should have scored just after we went 1-0 down, that was our best chance, Nolan had a decent chance as well but he was waiting for the ball to come down a bit lower and by the time it did it was too late.