Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

According to reports regarding his fitness Barton is meant to be back for Coventry, probably will be starting on the bench if he is mind.

Barton's s***.

I don't think he is. But even if he is shit, he will be miles better than our current midfield.

Too fucking right

According to reports regarding his fitness Barton is meant to be back for Coventry, probably will be starting on the bench if he is mind.

Barton's s***.

I don't think he is. But even if he is s***, he will be miles better than our current midfield.

Too f***ing right

No no, he really is shit.

Barton's s***.

Probably our best player outside Enrique and Colo.

It was terrible today. The number of times the defence and Guthrie were looking at the midfield players for a pass, but nobody was available was ridiculous. One time I saw Coloccini looking for a pass, but both Nolan and Smith were around the centre circle, facing away from him and just walking forward. We had the fuckin ball and they were just preparing themselves to defend and try and pick up the pieces of another failed long ball.

Barton's s***.

It was terrible today. The number of times the defence and Guthrie were looking at the midfield players for a pass, but nobody was available was ridiculous. One time I saw Coloccini looking for a pass, but both Nolan and Smith were around the centre circle, facing away from him and just walking forward. We had the fuckin ball and they were just preparing themselves to defend and try and pick up the pieces of another failed long ball.

What is that based on? He was good at man city, granted, but for us he's been a waste of space (and money!).

Barton's s***.

What is that based on? He was good at man city, granted, but for us he's been a waste of space (and money!).

His ability, and yes partly on how good he was at City. When he's fit he's a good Prem midfielder.

Forgetting the s*** performance, this was the Championship equivalent of Chelsea going a point clear of Man Utd after a 1-1 draw at Liverpool.

I like that!

With Arsenal losing and getting a player sent off as well.

Nice one!

We're painful to watch at the moment. We can't hit teams on the break or play the ball through the midfield because we have no mobility. All we have is long balls and set pieces.

I guess that may be enough to carry us through, but as others have said, we really need Barton's creativity in midfield.

Barton gets better with every game he's not in the team.  He's played 38 games for us in 2 and a half seasons man.  Even ignoring the fact that his performances for us haven't set the world alight, I'd bet on him returning and playing about 3-4 games before he gets injured again.  We can't base our season on a player who has hardly played the whole time he's been with us, we've been here before and it doesn't work like that.  I'd be amazed if he played 5 or more games for us before the season's out.

Barton gets better with every game he's not in the team.  He's played 38 games for us in 2 and a half seasons man.  Even ignoring the fact that his performances for us haven't set the world alight, I'd bet on him returning and playing about 3-4 games before he gets injured again.  We can't base our season on a player who has hardly played the whole time he's been with us, we've been here before and it doesn't work like that.  I'd be amazed if he played 5 or more games for us before the season's out.

:thup:

I'd love him to come back, force some of the shite out of our midfield and actually start earning some of the brass we give him but it's just not on the cards.

Agree completely. I'm guilty of thinking this at times too btw.

Absolutely. He did precious little when he WAS in the team

That said, the current CM and those played there since Barton has been out have done no better, and if anything seem to be getting WORSE.

Yet again...well spent 80K a week for NUFC! Every single high earning player have failed us big time season after season. Really glad that Ashley's trying to get rid of them...

Barton returning fit won't change anything for sure! It's all down to the poor tactics. We'll be there at the end of the season but I'm shit scared what happens next season if there won't be lot of major changes in the team like changing the whole coaching staff apart from the ones who's traning the keepers such as Barron

Guest malandro

Barton’s got a good range of passing but he's a lazy player with a terrible attitude. I can’t see him doing much but getting sent off five minutes after he returns from injury and jetting off for a frank interview with Gabby Logan.

It’s quite depressing to see teams like Swansea playing possession football while we persist with the percentage game. It’s not like they can afford to bring in ball playing footballers and we can’t – it’s really just down to our manager’s mentality.  Promotion had to be our objective this season but our safety first approach was a choice. If it takes us back into the Premier League what then? Will Hughton change his approach or will he be looking to sign Rory Delap? 

It was horrible today. I am a Newcastle fan born in Swansea, yeah i know its wrong but I support Newcastle and wanted a win today. I was there with mainly Swans supporters and everything they said about us was true. Our midfield was shocking, most of us have seen it this season but they couldnt believe how poor we were. Swansea IMO didn't even play that well today but the ease with which they played around us was embarrasing. We'll go up this season but I think we all know we need to improve a few levels to compete in the PL