Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/02/14/chris-hughton-hits-back-over-sousa-accusation-79310-25832253/

Oh and as for that big haired bloke...I take it Sousa didn't see the blatant elbow on Lovelyhands earlier in the game then?

f*** off and die.

"I thought on the balance of play and the way we approached that last period of the game that we deserved something."

Hughton talks some proper shite like.

Haven't read through the thread but my two cents.

Result: 1-1 away from home against a team 4th in the league. Not too shabby at all, obviously would have preferred a win but realistically it is a decent result.

The performance: A fucking shambles, I just couldn't get it out of my head a few of our lads were either out on an all day session Friday or a few had bet against us :lol:

I know teams misplace a few passes and you think "Er!?" and we misplace quite a few like that normally anyway but yesterday was on another level, there were soo many really, REALLY shocking passes that just didn't make any sense.

The amount of times a player held on to the ball too long and lost it was shocking too, a few times I said "he wont release it and will be tackled" a few seconds before he inevitably was just made it all seem like they were trying to do it.

There was one instance where I think Smith had the ball about 20 yards from our goal, there were 3 or 4 of our lads in front of him with no-one round them but he attempted to flick it with the outside of his foot to the guy I can only assume he saw out of the corner of his eye and lost possesion.

I have seen some really awful performances from us but that has to be well up there with the worst, I know we got a point but I have seen us play a lot better than that and have 3,4 or 5 put past us.

I will talk about Hughton in his thread.

Rank performance yesterday, Kevin Nolan is an embarrassment to his profession.

As has been said, a lot of players dwelling on the ball and being tackled, partly because of the lack of movement around and ahead of them.

Without Enrique and Jonas we look a much poorer team, if we can get them back in decent time we'll probably get promoted - if not we might struggle.

As has been said, a lot of players dwelling on the ball and being tackled, partly because of the lack of movement around and ahead of them.

Without Enrique and Jonas we look a much poorer team, if we can get them back in decent time we'll probably get promoted - if not we might struggle.

Not disagreeing at all as you are right but at times there were 2 or 3 clear options but whoever was dwelling just didn't seem to want to release.

Hi a swansea fan here. Just want to say ive been reading your board over the last few days and its good to see fans actually respecting us and not expecting to win. Most fans see us as a lower league side but the table doesn't lie. I have to say you were rubbish and we outplayed you but of course outplaying someone doesn't win games, goals do. Did any of you lot see the Football league show last night? It made you look good and as always looked down on us. Hopefully we'll be in the premier league with you next season.  O0

Hi a swansea fan here. Just want to say ive been reading your board over the last few days and its good to see fans actually respecting us and not expecting to win. Most fans see us as a lower league side but the table doesn't lie. I have to say you were rubbish and we outplayed you but of course outplaying someone doesn't win games, goals do. Did any of you lot see the Football league show last night? It made you look good and as always looked down on us. Hopefully we'll be in the premier league with you next season.   O0

You lot pissed all over us yesterday, it was embarrassing, I think we probably get the old "big four" treatment in the championship so get the favourable coverage at times. Don't worry we know how it feels to get one of the 4 chances we had shown in our hightlights that are shown in last two minutes of the show unless we have played Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester United :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Hi a swansea fan here. Just want to say ive been reading your board over the last few days and its good to see fans actually respecting us and not expecting to win. Most fans see us as a lower league side but the table doesn't lie. I have to say you were rubbish and we outplayed you but of course outplaying someone doesn't win games, goals do. Did any of you lot see the Football league show last night? It made you look good and as always looked down on us. Hopefully we'll be in the premier league with you next season.   O0

Tbf, and this isn't a tit for tat thing at all, but I didn't think you were very good either. Better than us obviously, but not better than Colo and Hall, who were just about the only players doing anything of note in a defensive way. In truth I think we were the best Swansea players out there along with maybe Dyer. We made you look better, but aside from the goal I don't remember you testing us really, with a bit more confidence you'd have thrashed us.

But anyway I wouldn't worry about The Football League Show, we got the same when we were in the Prem against any bigger team, and if we go up it'll happen again. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Guest firetotheworks

This will definitely have been said a million times already but I have't been with it recently (all: Ahhhh), what was up with Williamson? Just rested or is One Size first choice now?

I'm not sure, but I have to say Onesize stepped up to it well I thought.

Not disagreeing at all as you are right but at times there were 2 or 3 clear options but whoever was dwelling just didn't seem to want to release.

I tend to think it is more a mixture of the two which is a horrible predicament. Our players supply little or no movement and the player with the ball has no idea what to do with it.

Guest jeffers09

Dissapointing yesterday but good result

Atmosphere meh  black and white army went on for quite a while

Highlight off the game bar are  goal  (the half time penalty shoot out ) 

Also kept phoning my pal at half time thinking he'd fucked off only to find out he was two rows behind me  :doh:

There was one instance where I think Smith had the ball about 20 yards from our goal, there were 3 or 4 of our lads in front of him with no-one round them but he attempted to flick it with the outside of his foot to the guy I can only assume he saw out of the corner of his eye and lost possesion.

Think it was Nolan if it's the same moment I think you're talking about. I was just on the phone to a friend bitching about Guthrie constantly playing the ball with the outside of his right foot, but at least he had the excuse of being on the left wing, then when Nolan did it with 3 easy ball options I went f***ing ballistic.

While I agree wwith others that there is a lack of movement, the fact that these w ankers refuse to play the simple pass to ensure they keep the ball f ucks me off. How so many professional footballers can fail to pass a ball 5 yards or control a pass is beyond me.

:rant: :rant: :angry: :angry: :rant: :rant:

I tend to think it is more a mixture of the two which is a horrible predicament. Our players supply little or no movement and the player with the ball has no idea what to do with it.

That's how I see it too.

It really looks like they don't have any kind of attacking/possession tactical training.. I ain't no Leo Messi but I know that when I pass a ball in tight space I have to make myself available right away for a simple return pass, instead of simulating a 'run' straight into three opposition players. Nolan, Smith and Butt are doing this at every opportunity. It's evident they just don't want the ball and that's their main responsibility as midfielders. We cannot afford to carry a dysfunctional midfield week in, week out. We all know that. Hughton's inability to make, what appears to me, a very simple managerial decision so far is very worrying.

Guest Heneage

SCJack, is it fair to say yesterday highlighted Swansea's problem, lots of possession not many goals? You seem a good side just missing a finisher.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

I was lucky enough to be hoyed out at half time. 

Our support was worse than the 11 numpties representing us on the pitch.

I was lucky enough to be hoyed out at half time. 

Our support was worse than the 11 numpties representing us on the pitch.

You were a state mate, surprised you can remember anything! :lol:

Our support was pathetic.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

It's a shame my solo renditions of "Our support is fucking shit" and "Ashley's a mong and we've got no songs" failed to catch on.  I guess i'll get another chance at Watford.

We made you look better,

With respect, no you didn't.

Over the past 3 seasons that has to be the most used sentence we've heard from fans of other teams after we outplay them.

We attempt to play that way all the time, from the moment Martinez took over the reigns and Sousa plays with a similar philosophy.

When we get it right the opposition does not get a look in. Lack of goals is our achilles heel at the moment, if we had some out and out goalscorers we would definately be top 2. Unfortunately we don't have the budget to go out and buy a proven goalscorer and as a team we work within a tight budget, our highest earner will be not more than 10-12K.

As a Swansea supporter I'm worried about the vulture's circulating for our best players, Williams, Dyer, Allen, Pratley must already be turning heads.

As a Newcastle fan too, I'm worried about the lack of team building for next season, if promoted. Last time round in this posistion, Keegan was building for the Premiership, players such as Cole were leading the way and a team was being built. What happens next year if Newcastle do go up??

Williamson and Routledge I rate that have been recent purchases, Coloccini is a must to keep. I remember Best from our League 1 days when Forest were after him, he chose Coventry instead and hardly pulled trees to to me the jury's still out.

Of the rest Jonas and Taylor and maybe Enrique should have the quality.

Newcastle MUST either spend a fortune to stay up OR get a first class manager with the tactical nouse (keep away from ours :)  ).