Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

That was woeful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just cannot understand how this side of ours is top of the league after watching that painful excuse for a football team today. If Swansea had a half decent striker, we would have been pummelled by half time.

Hughton must see how second, slow and unfit our midfield is. I have seen tortoises turn faster than Nolan and Guthrie is just a total waste of space, continually giving the ball away or getting caught in possession, as did Nolan on several occasions. Our tactic seemed to be hit it as far up the park as possible with no real method at all.

In all honesty, I switchjed off at half time and went to bed as it was 1.00am in the morning here and I wasnt prepared to give up any more much neeeded sleep to watch this abortion of a club any longer.

One more thiong guys, we better hope we DONT get promoted to the EPL on this display because with this squad and what is being said in the NOTW today, we are in for some fucking Portsmouthish hidings next season if we do go up.

NOTW apparently saying that Ashley only prepared to buy players with re-saleable value, under 25, only accept 15K per week and these conditions were the reason why Kilgallon and Beckford turned us down,

Hope this not true.

Guest neesy111

One more thiong guys, we better hope we DONT get promoted to the EPL on this display because with this squad and what is being said in the NOTW today, we are in for some fucking Portsmouthish hidings next season if we do go up.

NOTW apparently saying that Ashley only prepared to buy players with re-saleable value, under 25, only accept 15K per week and these conditions were the reason why Kilgallon and Beckford turned us down,

Hope this not true.

believing NOTW  :facepalm:

Hell of a ball in from Best for the goal, great header too from Carroll. Just seen the goals on BBC1.

It sounds like i've had a lucky escape in terms of missing this one, it was painful just listening to a few minutes on the radio on the way to me match.

IMO we would get fucked over even in the SPL if displays at Derby and Swansea are anything to go by.

I think it is a pretty well known fact that what the NOTW is saying is about right. Our only hope now is if we do go up, then Ashley sells the club quickly to a rich benefactor because I can see nothoing else but second rate players signed by a manager who will be clearly out of his depth in the PL.

Hughton has done a good job under difficult circumstances to start with and we all thank him for that but he now has a very good squad together and we are putting in performances like that today??????????

I can only foresee difficult times ahead and a yoyo situation developing within our club if he stays. Swansea werre excellent today and their passing, movement and closing down was first rate. Our lot stood arouind like bystanders at a bus stop watching things all day. We were fucking rank. I have sunday league teams perform with more organisation, method and desire than that.

FUCKING SHITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If we don't go up this year we'll be down here for the next 10 years. :neutral:

If we go up, we will only be up for 1 year  :undecided:

Maybe, maybe not. All depends on what happens.

Getting someone to buy the club from Ashley is the priority and it might happen if we go up but probably won't if we don't. Our better players will leave and we'll be fucked for the foreseeable. We have to go up and cross our fingers.  :undecided:

Hope this not true.

I think you'll find that most clubs will be operating along these lines in future unless they have a massively rich owner willing to spend millions of their own money selflessly.

Hope this not true.

I think you'll find that most clubs will be operating along these lines in future unless they have a massively rich owner willing to spend millions of their own money selflessly.

Its a pity that Ashley doesnt realise than in order for these young players to be "sellable", they need to be producing good, regular performances, playing to a high standard of football. Cant imagine there is a queue to buy our first team squad at the moment.

Big Tron

Quite right too. Which leads you to think that if we do go up, what kind of season is ahead in the PL with this squad?

At least some teams like Stoke will show what they lack in ability can be made up in other areas. Our lot just seem to think they are better than they really are. Some very hard decisions are going to have to be made in the summer and I dont think the current management regime have the capability of making those decisions therefore I am less than excited about the future prospects of the club.

Greg

Then dont buy a ticket next season..........LOL

The town was a bit of a dump but the people let me off. I parked next to the train station and the people of Swansea were nice enough not to steal my car and the contents of my glove box despite leaving the passenger side window wide open.

Very lucky!

The only thing that made that shitstorm of a match more bearable was Neesy's hilarious swearing at the pub television. Honestly, complete poo. Hughton is woefully, woefully inept, especially away from home. For a team full of suppsedly Premiership class we couldn't put together one passing move. If anything, we've just become a Championship team in our approach to football. I thought we got rid of hit and hope snail's pace dribble when Allardyce, Kinnear went. Utter, utter, vile trash. Do not deserve promotion based on this shit.

I didn't think the pressing looked right when we didn't have the ball especially in the first half.  We pressed the first man reasonably well but there was no real pressure on their outball.  I appreciate you don't want to leave gaps in behind but usually with three in the centre you expect better.  As a result they dictated the play and held the ball better and we generally made them look better than they actually are imho.   Anyway, off the hook and a couple of home games coming up.

What pressing of the ball? I never saw any! I saw us standing off, defending deep and letting them have the ball. Probably down to the manager's instructions.

For us to press them we would need Guthrie, Smith, Routledge and Nolan to be chasing down their players across the length of the pitch for 90 minutes. Do you really think that any of that lot bar Routledge looked physically capable of doing that today?

They were capable of it as soon as we conceded. Routledge clearly is, the other lot can do it to they just dont bother. Its mental more than Physical. When its 0-0 they dont even contest balls that are dropping down to the opposition...they just stand and wait. When we're losing they get stuck in and we get more possession, its just the basics they stop doing due to arrogance i think.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2010/02/14/sousa-swans-are-the-best-footballing-team-in-league-91466-25830190/

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton felt his men deserved a draw because of their strong finish when they were chasing the game.

“Credit to our players, we got braver in the way we pushed,” he said. “We knew that was going to make it a very open game at the end and you were either going to see us equalising or Swansea scoring a second.

“On the balance of play and the way we approached that last period – and Stevie Harper wasn’t troubled too much in our goal – I was pleased.

WTF? We deserved nothing based on the performance! :idiot2: Or did we finish that strong really?

“Football is cruel sometimes,” said the Swans boss. “I think everyone agrees with me when I say Newcastle is the best side in the league – but we are the best team to play football.

We might have the best defence but definitely not the best team! I only wish we had a manager with Sousa's mentality.

Heres my thoughts.

STOP FUCKING LAUNCHING THE BALL UP BYPASSING EVERY CUNT AND HIS MAN.

WHEN ONE OF YOUR TEAM HAS THE BALL, RUN INTO SPACE TO RECEIVE A PASS.

WHEN ONE OF YOUR TEAM HAS THE BALL, TELL HIM SOME FUCKER IS ABOUT TO TACKLE HIM.  NORMALLY WARNED BY SHOUTING "MAN ON".

Fucking basics.

Houghton is fucking clueless.  Any more performances like that and we will not get automatic promotion.

With the exception of maybe 3 games this season, we have always looked second best to the opposition and somehow got a result.  When Ashley sacked Big Sam he made comments about the style of play under Allardyce wasn't acceptable.  I wonder what he thinks of it now, big hoof up the middle from any angle.  It is only because the quality of finishing in this league is so poor that we have not conceded goals and we are where we are. 

Should we get promoted we'll  be in for a few hammerings under Hughton with his wonderful vision and tactical know how and we'll be straight back down

I didn't think the pressing looked right when we didn't have the ball especially in the first half.  We pressed the first man reasonably well but there was no real pressure on their outball.  I appreciate you don't want to leave gaps in behind but usually with three in the centre you expect better.  As a result they dictated the play and held the ball better and we generally made them look better than they actually are imho.   Anyway, off the hook and a couple of home games coming up.

What pressing of the ball? I never saw any! I saw us standing off, defending deep and letting them have the ball. Probably down to the manager's instructions.

For us to press them we would need Guthrie, Smith, Routledge and Nolan to be chasing down their players across the length of the pitch for 90 minutes. Do you really think that any of that lot bar Routledge looked physically capable of doing that today?

They were capable of it as soon as we conceded. Routledge clearly is, the other lot can do it to they just dont bother. Its mental more than Physical. When its 0-0 they dont even contest balls that are dropping down to the opposition...they just stand and wait. When we're losing they get stuck in and we get more possession, its just the basics they stop doing due to arrogance i think.

I know they are capable of it, just not for 90 mins. Even when we start games well we usually run out of steam after 15 mins. When I was watching us sit back for the first half I actually wondered whether the likes of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie were preserving their lungs so they'd be able to get through the 2nd 45 mins.