How well is MA performing

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are these marks for this season only or since the beginning? 

4 if the former, 1 if the latter. 

Surely if it was only for this season he would deserve much higher than a 4? We're top of the league and we've made some good signings.

For this season?

CategoryGradeReason
Manager selection0/2Don't see how this was even a question - he had no options.  Didn't reappoint an ailling jfk in a panic? not worth a point.
Backing the Manger1/1Spent, even though we had to resort to some plan B's
Strategy0/2Have yet to see a cohesive plan from the man.  "Get back to the premiership" is so glaringly obvious I can't consider it worth a point. 
Finances2/2I'm sure the loans he's giving us to keep us afloat will have to be paid back some day; that doesn't make them not a good move at this point in time.
Media management0/1hahahahahahahahaha
General runnming of the club1/2sportsdirect@st james park  :icon_puke_r:

Guest Brummiemag

5 years ago relegation would have been unthinkable but this clown Ashley has now managed to lower expectations to such an extent that a lot of people will now be happy to see us cling to 17th place by scraping around for bore draws playing shit defensive football next season.

He is now even getting credit for doing a decent job in some quarters - unbelievable

The situation is too complicated for a simple mark out of ten.

He inherited a difficult situation, and his task was to re-structure the club, on and off the field, without us getting relegated in the process. In that first task, he failed, mainly because - against advice - he chose a manager who was not suited or motivated for the particular task that he had in mind. We ended up hopelessly divided behind the scenes and he must bear responsibility for that - I don't think he'd deny it himself.

Having said all that, I want to see him continue as owner because a) he has now collected valuable experience b) he has a more sensible view of his role c) he is the only owner of this club ever to have actually put their own money in (and in large quantities) and d) there is no wealthier alternative.

Relegation was looking a distinct possibility under the last regime as well, to be fair.

I don't give him much credit overall, but if he's made massive mistakes then he is making very small steps towards putting them right... that's all.

Guest fraser

5 years ago relegation would have been unthinkable

Unbelievable that anybody could have thought that after the 2006-7 season tbh.

What? Relegation? Or the unthinkability of it?

Guest fraser

Relegation. Had we lost at West Ham and Sheff Utd that season we'd have gone down before Ashley had bought the club.

It didn't happen though and four of the teams below us then are still in the PL now. What conclusion can anyone possibly draw from that? What is the major difference?