Whitley Bay win at Wembley again

Crumpy Gunt

Just got back, well played all round and a good day out.  Whitley Bay's first goal was the fastest ever at the new Wembley (21 seconds) and although the first half was a bit dull, the gaps started opening in the second half and they absolutely hammered them in the end.  Well played lads.

Dafty of the day goes to the gadgie behind me who was on the phone a lot of the match giving goal updates and on the attendance he said "aye it's canny full like - probably about a third full".  They'd only opened about 15% of the ground or something, the attendance being 8 or 9 thousand I believe - I thought I was bad at judging crowds.

Anyway, off to the club statement thread now, oh goody. :facepalm:

Whitley Bay, like a few Northern League clubs, are a cut above the rest of the opposition as the best teams in that league never take promotion, which would result in participaiton in the FA Trophy. There's no reason why they couldn't make it a hat-trick.

Amazing day out and well worth rising at 5am for the coach. Chow and Kerr were magnificent today, as was our no.3 (either Anderson or McFarlane?). Wroxham had nice build up play but fuck all end product. Their only threat was from dead ball situations, where Whitley were all over the place. I had a great view from the back row of the corner and was able to stand throughout. Dunno if anyone saw me but I was next to two lads dressed up as beer bottles.

Noise was good and we shat on the Wroxham lot in terms of numbers, sound and not being from near Norwich. Saw some mackems at a service station on the homeward journey and took the piss too which was great fun and my good deed for the day.