Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

That has blown my f***ing mind.

Imagine a high flying banker/businessman from the city, educated at a public school, then an Oxford college, being sent up to sunderland on a work trip.  He's already spent 3 hours in the bog of the first class carriage shitting himself about what to expect.  Upon arrival, he sets foot on the underground platform, unable to see daylight.  Nervously, he goes up the escalator to reach street level.  I'll leave you to imagine the scenes that will greet him...

Like the start of Resident Evil 2.

Imagine a high flying banker/businessman from the city, educated at a public school, then an Oxford college, being sent up to sunderland on a work trip.  He's already spent 3 hours in the bog of the first class carriage shitting himself about what to expect.  Upon arrival, he sets foot on the underground platform, unable to see daylight.  Nervously, he goes up the escalator to reach street level.  I'll leave you to imagine the scenes that will greet him...

I imagine it'd be more akin to the Wicker Man. He is shocked and unsettled as he learns of their way of life, tries to leave but realises his only means of escape has been sabotaged before he's burnt alive in a massive wicker Greggs pasty.

'eeew!  skyewz me mista!  can yew be lendin iz fiftee pee fa the seexteyn bus?  Me marra joost gorroutta jayl an am deelivriin 'im some cheysey chips!'