Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

Big last 7 games for Bruce,failure to finish in top 10 will not go down well with Ellis Short.

Difficult to put a finger on what is going on but we undoubtably have good players but Bruce is not getting the best out of them and these next 7 games are massive for Bruce,these are games we are expected to win and like I say failure to finish top 10 could spell the end of Bruce's reign.

Good to see this thread resurrected though,going above Sunderland must be a big thing for Newcastle fans these days,how times have changed.

Big last 7 games for Bruce,failure to finish in top 10 will not go down well with Ellis Short.

Difficult to put a finger on what is going on but we undoubtably have good players but Bruce is not getting the best out of them and these next 7 games are massive for Bruce,these are games we are expected to win and like I say failure to finish top 10 could spell the end of Bruce's reign.

Good to see this thread resurrected though,going above Sunderland must be a big thing for Newcastle fans these days,how times have changed.

Not really, just a funny reaction that you guys have when we do go above you lot.

Guest Wearside

:lol:

The reaction to going above you wouldn't have been half as big if it hadn't been all the talk of Europe, how good you are etc. pre January.

Why wouldn't we talk about Europe,we had been in 6/7th place for a lot of the season so it's only natural people get their hopes up.

Guest johnson293

Why are you expected to win these next 7 games?

Out of the 7 opponents remaining, you's only managed to beat two of them (Bolton and West Ham, both at the SoS) when you played them earlier in the season, when Sunderland were 'allegedly' doing better then now?

Almost all of the 7 teams are also fighting for their lives.

Guest Wearside

For a start 4 of the games are at home and we have a better squad on paper than West Brom,Fulham,Wigan and Wolves,home games against these sort of teams come into the "expected to win" bracket and with the money we've spent are teams we should be beating.Birmingham away is another game that on paper we have a much better squad than and the other 2 away games at Bolton and West Ham will be more difficult.

I realise most of these teams are fighting for there lives but that doesn't alter the fact that these games are ones we should be winning with the team we have.

Guest Wearside

Bolton are a better team than your lot easily.

That's why I said it will be a "difficult" game.

Guest Roger Kint

And Arsene Wenger might tell you that having a much better squad doesnt always do much good against Birmingham.......

Guest toonlass

For a start 4 of the games are at home and we have a better squad on paper than West Brom,Fulham,Wigan and Wolves,home games against these sort of teams come into the "expected to win" bracket and with the money we've spent are teams we should be beating.Birmingham away is another game that on paper we have a much better squad than and the other 2 away games at Bolton and West Ham will be more difficult.

I realise most of these teams are fighting for there lives but that doesn't alter the fact that these games are ones we should be winning with the team we have.

The important point. Should be. You honestly believe you will win all 4 homes games given the run you are on?

For a start 4 of the games are at home and we have a better squad on paper than West Brom,Fulham,Wigan and Wolves,home games against these sort of teams come into the "expected to win" bracket and with the money we've spent are teams we should be beating. Birmingham away is another game that on paper we have a much better squad than and the other 2 away games at Bolton and West Ham will be more difficult.

That's the kind of logic I like to see. Been a lack of that sort of thinking around NUFC forums recently.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The team you have? Who are these supposed players that are so good? You say you've got a better team than Fulham on paper but you don't have players as good as Hangeland, Dempsey or Dembele.

The mighty Sunderland who've only scored more than two teams in the league and who are bottom of the form table.

Guest Wearside

I'm not saying we are going to win all 4 home games,I'm saying we "should" be beating teams like those at home,these next 7 will either make or break Bruce's time as Sunderland manager.

Guest toonlass

The team you have? Who are these supposed players that are so good? You say you've got a better team than Fulham on paper but you don't have players as good as Hangeland, Dempsey or Dembele.

Or Schwarzer, Zamora, Duff......need I go on?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I know but the ''should'' in football means fuck all and that's a lot more evident this year when results have been mad.

these next 7 will either make or break Bruce's time as Sunderland manager.

Do you think a poor run against those teams will make Quinn consider getting rid, after giving Bruce a five year contract last month?

Guest Haris Vuckic

No because they'll have a class start next year before Bruce's annual slide down the table.