Sunderland...

Heron

Guest BooBoo

Not really. Given the atmosphere and the local pride factor, it's always the biggest game for us, certainly in terms of the Premier League.

Not really. Given the atmosphere and the local pride factor, it's always the biggest game for us, certainly in terms of the Premier League.

bigger games have been when we played man utd when going for the title. the chelsea game also when we needed to win to get into europe. yes the atmosphere is better v the mackems but theres more to it that that.

Guest neesy111

bigger games have been when we played man utd when going for the title. the chelsea game also when we needed to win to get into europe. yes the atmosphere is better v the mackems but theres more to it that that.

Local Pride, Bragging Rights, 400 years of rivalary.  Mackems will always to me be the biggest game of the season.

Guest BooBoo

Madras, those games have been exceptional circumstances. I think most NUFC fans first look for the mackem games when the fixtures are released.

Guest neesy111

Madras, those games have been exceptional circumstances. I think most NUFC fans first look for the mackem games when the fixtures are released.

If they don't, then I severly wonder if they are a NUFC fan imo, I know of no fan that doesn't look for the mackems game first when the fixtures are released.

Guest BooBoo

Madras- ok fair enough but at the start of those seasons when we had those important games, the derby would have still been the games that drew attention first.

This - I agree. It's small town stuff to believe beating the Mackems is better than challenging for the title.

Guest neesy111

This - I agree. It's small town stuff to believe beating the Mackems is better than challenging for the title.

Hmm, when you live and work with them it's equally as important imo.

from the biggest game of any season to equally as important, thats some climbdown neesy.

:iamatwat:

Guest neesy111

from the biggest game of any season to equally as important, thats some climbdown neesy.

If we were challenging for a title anycase, we would expect to beat them though.  This is the only game of a season when I really get nervous before and during the game.

If we were challenging for a title anycase, we would expect to beat them though.  This is the only game of a season when I really get nervous before and during the game.

Agree with this.

Agree with this.

does that mean it's the biggest ?

Agree with this.

depends what sort of season we are having.

Agree with this.

so not any season then ?

Agree with this.

so not any season then ?

if we are challenging for something inc survival, then the crucial games in that challenge are bigger IMO- but still that point about nerves would stand up.