Channel five football coverage

Aphrodite

I remember one game Steve Claridge was co-commentating an away game but his flight was delayed and didn't turn up until half-time so the bloke was just commentating on his own for the first half and another game where the commentators were discussing how they had a lovely lunch in some random city somewhere

Guest The Enforcer

I remember Claridge harping on for a good 5 minutes or so about his jam doughnut that didn't have any jam in it.

Didn't the Beeb show Marseille? I seem to remember some of our games were on BBC3, like Valerenga at home.

1st leg of Marseille was on ITV, 2nd leg was on 5.  Beeb showed the Mallorca and Basel home games as well.

I miss that old whistling tune thing Channel 5 used to play at the ad breaks :lol:

Guest neesy111

I remember one game Steve Claridge was co-commentating an away game but his flight was delayed and didn't turn up until half-time so the bloke was just commentating on his own for the first half and another game where the commentators were discussing how they had a lovely lunch in some random city somewhere

aye i remember the lunch one, couldn't believe what i was saying

Any one remember when we played some side from latvia( or some sort of country like that ) when there was an aboslutely gorgeous lassin the crowd and the cameraman kept the camera on her for ages ?

Levadia Tallinn? Estonia (one country north from Latvia). Sounds about right, as that place is full of stunning lasses. I think they drown the ugly ones at birth, like kittens.

Five's coverage is shit like, but as someone has said is better than ITVs. What is it about football though. SKY and BBC surely can't have picked up all of the ex-footballers and managers that are able to string a cognative sentence together. Setanta's coverage always looked like it was stuck together with blu tac and sticky tape as well, but I can't comment on ESPN.

Any one remember when we played some side from latvia( or some sort of country like that ) when there was an aboslutely gorgeous lassin the crowd and the cameraman kept the camera on her for ages ?

Levadia Tallinn?  Estonia (one country north from Latvia).  Sounds about right, as that place is full of stunning lasses.  I think they drown the ugly ones at birth, like kittens.

We played in both Estonia and Latvia, I went to the game against Levadia Tallinn, great trip and the birds were amazing.

Levadia Tallinn?  Estonia (one country north from Latvia).  Sounds about right, as that place is full of stunning lasses.  I think they drown the ugly ones at birth, like kittens.

We played in both Estonia and Latvia, I went to the game against Levadia Tallinn, great trip and the birds were amazing.

Clearly channel 5 thought so too, both the cameraman and the commentators forgot there was a game of football going on  for about 1 1/2 minutes.

Jonathan Pearce going bonkers when Ketsbaia scored in Zagreb, with THAT music in Channel 5's early days.

I loved that music :lol: 'Sponsored by Gilette razors'

Been looking everywhere for it but no luck!

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/mivana/mediaplayer.php?id=5c5003f17cc21c4c9db8b59c1ccf8bd8&media=ch5football&type=mp4

Not sure it was as good as I remember it actually :lol: