You're Mike Ashley - what do you do?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'Limited experience with a decent Aberdeen side.'  ???

They won 3 league titles, 4 Scottish cups, the league cup, the uefa cup winners cup and the uefa super cup. Before Ferguson they'd hardly won anything.

I barely know why I'm replying, but I wouldn't mind reading your response to that.

Aberdeen were a good team, I admit. However, I wouldnt put them in the same quality as MU or playing in a league as the same quality as the 1st division.

Eh, but wasn't your point that before he went to Man U, that he had limited experience? Ergo, he was close to being sacked, but then went onto greatness? How does that compare to Hughton when Fergie had already won the lot with Aberdeen?

My point is that at the time, Ferguson, when appointed, was an unknown managing in the english league. Wenger was also unknown. There has been numerous examples of managers from other leagues being successful but failing in England. You can look at the recent example of Ramos at Spurs.

My point is that noone knows how Hughton will go in the PL.

Ronaldo seems to base most of his opinions on his caretaker roles with a complete disregard for the circumstances at the time therefore believing he should be replaced in the summer.

I am saying that Hughton is an unknown in the PL, just likes Fergusoin was when he was appointed at MU and Wenger was he was apponted at Arsenal.

If Hughton turns out to be half as good as those two, I will be well pleased but we wont know until he is given a chance to do so.

That is my point I am trying to get through to Ronaldo which he seems to have mdifficulty in understanding.

Guest firetotheworks

'Limited experience with a decent Aberdeen side.'  ???

They won 3 league titles, 4 Scottish cups, the league cup, the uefa cup winners cup and the uefa super cup. Before Ferguson they'd hardly won anything.

I barely know why I'm replying, but I wouldn't mind reading your response to that.

Aberdeen were a good team, I admit. However, I wouldnt put them in the same quality as MU or playing in a league as the same quality as the 1st division.

Eh, but wasn't your point that before he went to Man U, that he had limited experience? Ergo, he was close to being sacked, but then went onto greatness? How does that compare to Hughton when Fergie had already won the lot with Aberdeen?

My point is that at the time, Ferguson, when appointed, was an unknown managing in the english league. Wenger was also unknown. There has been numerous examples of managers from other leagues being successful but failing in England. You can look at the recent example of Ramos at Spurs.

My point is that noone knows how Hughton will go in the PL.

Ronaldo seems to base most of his opinions on his caretaker roles with a complete disregard for the circumstances at the time therefore believing he should be replaced in the summer.

I am saying that Hughton is an unknown in the PL, just likes Fergusoin was when he was appointed at MU and Wenger was he was apponted at Arsenal.

If Hughton turns out to be half as good as those two, I will be well pleased but we wont know until he is given a chance to do so.

That is my point I am trying to get through to Ronaldo which he seems to have mdifficulty in understanding.

OK, I get what you're saying, and agree. I'd say the Wenger/Ferguson comparison in that regard is a bit off considering Ferguson's past success though. It's the same as saying Steve Wigley was in the same position as Mourinho when he started in the PL, because they hadnt managed in it before, even though one had won the champions league, and the other was a caretaker manager. I get your point though.

Caretaker roles? I'm basing it on what i've seen of Hughton for the past 2 years, I don't believe he's up to the massive job needed to keep us in the premier league, even if giving him the position is the nice thing to do.

Go to January and the common opinion on here was that Hughton had done an Ok job but needed to be replaced in the summer. I don't want to lose Hughton as a coach but as a man-manager and tactician, we can do better.

Guest firetotheworks

Caretaker roles? I'm basing it on what i've seen of Hughton for the past 2 years, I don't believe he's up to the massive job needed to keep us in the premier league, even if giving him the position is the nice thing to do.

Go to January and the common opinion on here was that Hughton had done an Ok job but needed to be replaced in the summer. I don't want to lose Hughton as a coach but as a man-manager and tactician, we can do better.

So say for arguments sake that in the summer Hughton is moved back to being a coach, and we get a new manager in. You can choose a realistic manager, what did you think the affect will be?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Niall Quinn pulled the trigger on Ricky "Alf from Happy Days" Sbragia after he kept them up.

I was under the impression he stepped down.

He was moved to one side & then offered another job.

Aye, Academy Scout or something.