If We Win Joey Says Drink Broon

Thespence

Canuck while your here I was browsing through youtube & saw Toronto FC fans having a lot hassle (Tazers & pepper spray) off the cops in Columbus, what is the history behind this?

Columbus is TFC's derby (believe it or not) because they are a mere 7 hours away.

Generally in the MLS there are no traveling supporters as the distances are too great. This game is one of the exceptions and TFC supporters usually show up in decent numbers but the team have always lost. IMO the cops here don't know how to handle away supporters because they are rare and last year they tasered a TFC fan. This led to a brawl and extreme bitterness between the clubs.

Toronto FC fans are an interesting bunch. Consistently viewed as being some of the best in the league selling out their ground and supporting the team despite winning f*ck all.

Columbus has won the league and a couple of pots and so they wound up the TFC supporters. 

That's the problem with Canadians... they don't have any (problems that is)...and their cops are too nice. They expect American cops to be sane and rational like the RCMP which is never the case.

I have seen two near riots start with cops and both times there was a Canadian invovled who didn't understand what you can and can not say to heavily armed American cops itching to show some hippie kid a lesson.

Conversely I was sent away with nothing mroe than a stern lecture on responsibility and respect by a RCMP when I showed up at the Border between NY and Ontario at 3 AM drunk out of my mind with three people reeking of weed driving a beat up car with expired Texas registration after one of my party said something along the lines of "Stupid f*cking pigs man... nothing better to do." which would have meant a beating and a night in jail on the other side of the border.

Cheers for the info :thup:

About 2.30 in four cops turn up & pepper spray the crowd.

Mmmmmmmmmuwhahahahaha

Its like some total over reaction you would see in south park.

Norther American police dealing with a mild soccer crowd.  Lest peper spray the cunts.

Those cops would be shitting themselves at a Rangers Celtic match.

Its like some total over reaction you would see in south park.

Yank police dealing with a mild soccer crowd.  Lest peper spray the c***s.

Those cops would be shitting themselves at a Rangers Celtic match.

FYP

That's the problem with Canadians... they don't have any (problems that is)...and their cops are too nice. They expect American cops to be sane and rational like the RCMP which is never the case.

I have seen two near riots start with cops and both times there was a Canadian invovled who didn't understand what you can and can not say to heavily armed American cops itching to show some hippie kid a lesson.

Conversely I was sent away with nothing mroe than a stern lecture on responsibility and respect by a RCMP when I showed up at the Border between NY and Ontario at 3 AM drunk out of my mind with three people reeking of weed driving a beat up car with expired Texas registration after one of my party said something along the lines of "Stupid f*cking pigs man... nothing better to do." which would have meant a beating and a night in jail on the other side of the border.

Quoted for truth. Whenever I have spoken to our police they usually start with "How are you". When I have been stopped by American police they scare the sh*t out of me with their gun out and their shouting.