Kevin "CCC Lampard" Nolan: 'Toon are out to silence the critics'

Thespence

Guest leon b

hats off to him for his contribution this season, although i think he needs to come back a little fitter next season. I thought him and guthrie look to be carrying more weight than they should be, hopefully a tough pre season can work wonders...

With a more mobile central-midfielder alongside Guthrie or Barton behind him, and a more mobile centre-forward up top, Nolan in a 4-5-1 away from home could work brilliantly even in the Premier League. Could see us picking up wins away to the likes of Blackburn & Bolton like that.

I would say if we're drawn away from home first game of next season Smith is almost certain to play, regardless of who it's against.

I absolutely despised Nolan earlier in the season, he was literally a fat mess wandering around in the middle of the park looking knackered but because he'd weighed in with some goals, he was being lauded as the best player in the Championship. His only contribution was literally scoing goals, which is all well and good but as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2, a little more is required. However he was in there with Smith, and not Guthrie, and I think that's what annoyed me more - a talented player like Guthrie was being stuck out left or right whilst those two clowns bumbled around in the middle. Guthrie with Nolan has been the catalyst for a great run of form, especially at home, but next season I've no doubt Nolan will be first choice and that worries me a little bit. In a 4-5-1 it isn't really an issue as long as we're not playing the long ball s**** (we saw at Leicester just how anonymous that can make him) but in a 4-4-2 he's going to need a real athlete with defensive qualities in there alongside him, and I haven't a clue who we could get to do that.

Agree with everything. Nolan has proved that he can be an asset but we have to use him correctly - further up the field.

So is it that then? Goodbye to the 442 we've played this season and onward in the next with a 451 formation?

We've played it a few times this season to good effect with Nolan behind one forward and two behind him, think it'd work even better with a better striker and better midfielder.

So is it that then? Goodbye to the 442 we've played this season and onward in the next with a 451 formation?

Have you seen any of the away lineups this season? :lol:

A few. Unfortunately, it's not all that easy to follow the club in the CCC.  Have we been playing 451 exclusively away from home?

According to football-lineups, we've been playing 442 almost exclusively since December home and away. And it's only recently that we've had success away from home. My impression (perhaps out of ignorance) was that the arrival of Routledge and the emergence of Carroll allowed us to move Guthrie to the center and play 442 with Love and AC up top and Jonas, Nolan, Guthrie, and Routledge across the middle.

A few. Unfortunately, it's not all that easy to follow the club in the CCC.  Have we been playing 451 exclusively away from home?

According to football-lineups, we've been playing 442 almost exclusively since December home and away. And it's only recently that we've had success away from home. My impression (perhaps out of ignorance) was that the arrival of Routledge and the emergence of Carroll allowed us to move Guthrie to the center and play 442 with Love and AC up top and Jonas, Nolan, Guthrie, and Routledge across the middle.

put it this way the one time we really tried to play football like we do at home away from home we lost 3-0 to fucking derby (why is it always derby who vex us) away we've more often than not played 4-5-1

Guest geordienorway

I have no problem with us playing 4-5-1 away from home.

I think we have to with the lack of mobility in midfield.

The trio of Nolan, Guthrie and Barton should be vying for one spot in midfield IMO. Although they are not identicial players they are similar in that they are neither creative midfielders of defensive midfielders. OK Nolan has weighed in with a few goals, Guthrie has weighed in with a couple too as well as a few assists and Barton is a bit more combative than the other two but none of them will sit like a Mascherano/Parker/Palacios or create something out of nothing like a Joe Cole/Benayoun/Arshavin type.

At the moment we simply don't have enough diversity in the middle of the park and it could be our downfall if we don't address it. Smith and Butt should go, to be replaced by a younger, fitter more technically-gifted ball winner and we need to get someone who is capable of individual moments of brilliance, because this is often the key to winning tight games in the Premier League.

Fuck knows who we could get to fill these voids but if we go into the top division with two central midfield plodders we'll get dry bummed.

"CCC Lampard" on Newcastle

Nolan said: "Everyone is now saying it is easy and we should have done it, but at the beginning of the season, we weren't favourites to win this league, we weren't favourites to even go up automatically, so it just shows what we have done.

"There are a lot of ex-players who wrote us off, a lot of pundits who wrote us off, and we wanted to prove all that wrong, and a lot of papers who did hammer us when we went down, and rightly so.

"But we have found something now which hopefully can be the beginning of something which is going to be brilliant for Newcastle United, and that's a squad of players who want to play for Newcastle United and love this club as much as we do and want to be back up there as much as the fans do.

"We want to be back where we belong. We are back there – it's going to be tough, it's going to be relentless again, but we are going to give it our best shot and hopefully make sure we stay a Premier League club now for years to come.

"This club doesn't belong in this division, [with] the fanbase, the stadium we have got. A lot of mistakes have been made over the years and we have spoken about them, but now this is about learning from the mistakes and slowly building this fantastic club up into a great club."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/20/kevin-nolan-newcastle-united-promotion

"CCC Lampard" on Newcastle

Nolan said: "Everyone is now saying it is easy and we should have done it, but at the beginning of the season, we weren't favourites to win this league, we weren't favourites to even go up automatically, so it just shows what we have done.

"There are a lot of ex-players who wrote us off, a lot of pundits who wrote us off, and we wanted to prove all that wrong, and a lot of papers who did hammer us when we went down, and rightly so.

"But we have found something now which hopefully can be the beginning of something which is going to be brilliant for Newcastle United, and that's a squad of players who want to play for Newcastle United and love this club as much as we do and want to be back up there as much as the fans do.

"We want to be back where we belong. We are back there – it's going to be tough, it's going to be relentless again, but we are going to give it our best shot and hopefully make sure we stay a Premier League club now for years to come.

"This club doesn't belong in this division, [with] the fanbase, the stadium we have got. A lot of mistakes have been made over the years and we have spoken about them, but now this is about learning from the mistakes and slowly building this fantastic club up into a great club."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/20/kevin-nolan-newcastle-united-promotion

good words now to put them into practise.

hes certain to be captian next season aint he