NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

The Sunday Mirror chap on talkshite said on of their big stories tomorrow is about a 'Northern club with a lot of money' going for a player from Spain. Probably Aguero to Man City or something but theoretically could be something to do with us...

Indeed :shifty:

Guest bimpy474

That Douglas fella reckons there is some interesting news on transfers to do with us in tomorrows Sunday Sun, not about Ba apparently.

Guest VegasToon

That Douglas fella reckons there is some interesting news on transfers to do with us in tomorrows Sunday Sun, not about Ba apparently.

He actually has been very good so far.   His reputation as a good source is growing in my eyes.

Guest bimpy474

He actually has been very good so far.  His reputation as a good source is growing in my eyes.

Beginning to think that myself ;)

Also all the way along he doesn't think we are that desperate to sign Gervinho, not as keen as everyone thinks he reckons.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can't see NRC as a target

We wont have spent the last 5 months scouting the continent to only snap up Cabaye

I think Ba and Taylor will be our only home based targets, and maybe Sturridge if the price is right

We wont have spent the last 5 months scouting the continent to only snap up Cabaye

I think Ba and Taylor will be our only home based targets, and maybe Sturridge if the price is right

There's no chance whatsoever we'd be going for Reo-Coker ordinarily but available for nothing I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen a opportunity. Pardew knows him pretty well I assume.

We saw how we were light in midfield when we lost Tiote through suspension, it's hard to attract someone who can play that role of decent calibre knowing they won't be first-choice, so someone like Reo-Coker who'll be free and can do a job when he's missing fits the bill imo.

We saw how we were light in midfield when we lost Tiote through suspension, it's hard to attract someone who can play that role of decent calibre knowing they won't be first-choice, so someone like Reo-Coker who'll be free and can do a job when he's missing fits the bill imo.

Also Tiote could well miss a few matches through international commitments and suspensions,  never mind injuries and it's not the daftest move really.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/03/alan-pardew-focusing-on-youth-in-the-summer-hunt-79310-28448852/

Pardew has also brushed off talk of a bid for Aston Villa’s out-of-favour midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.

Reo-Coker is out of contract at the end of the season but Pardew – who worked with him at West Ham – says he has no intention of bringing him to St James’ Park.

“There’s no truth in the reports that we’ve contacted Nigel.

“There’s no negotiations and he won’t be coming here,” he said.

From a few months ago.

mind this is a lot of wild speculation based on someone's mate seeing Ba coming out of St James with NRC. They might just be mates :lol:

Or some other black man...

mind this is a lot of wild speculation based on someone's mate seeing Ba coming out of St James with NRC. They might just be mates :lol:

Or some other black man...

Mike? ???

Isn't Abeid a DM as well?  I know he's young but I don't think we signed him to play in the reserves.

Nah, definitely more attacking from what he has said.

right winger from the looks of it.