NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

As much as Martin looks good, we need strikers and wingers!

We need to replace Nolan & Barton long-term, if the chance arises where we can get him before he's snapped up. Do it I say.

I agree

He may only be as tall as Dave but he's quality alright.

Imho, we should look to Vela again. If we we're to play a 4-3-3 he could aswell play in all the attacking positions and would be a good utility player with a knack for goals.

N'zog to come in and be that bit more direct creative player linking up with the other frencies of ours and we just need a forward capable of scoring goals. With Best and Sholadinho in the back we got enough cover for a sole CF role.

The forward instead of beeing such a poacher type I would rather us have a player in the zlatan, berbatov mould. Knows where goal is, got a bit of strenght and knows how to use his head. Up to carr to find this striker though. Haorau?

I see where your coming from but why would Vela come and be back up here when he can do the same at Arsenal. Kid needs to find himself first team football.

Totally agree with the last bit though.

Here he would be higher up the pecking order, and he hasn't looked to be getting any time on the pitch for arsenal of late. I think he would come and he would easily slot in whenever we would need a goal, someone is injured etc. Can't allways count on the strongest team on paper. Injuries suspensions and tireness allways has a say during a season.

As much as Martin looks good, we need strikers and wingers!

We need to replace Nolan & Barton long-term, if the chance arises where we can get him before he's snapped up. Do it I say.

Aye, but we need strikers and atleast one winger as an absolute priority right now.  :undecided:

:thup:

We need ATLEAST 2 strikers first and foremost imo, Best is the only player we have that even vaguely resembles a premiership forward (going off the dozen games or something we've seen). I wouldn't say another winger would be a 'luxury', but I think we're equaly in need of another CB (and some would say a RB, although I think Simpson is competent enough).

HBA, Barton, Jonas and seemingly Ferguson are all decent enough to occupy the wings for atleast half a season imo.

What i'd like to see in order of priority, anyway:

Striker

Striker

Center Back; Winger

Right Back

Center Mid

Non 5 year contract if we get Ba in, don't think he's anything special but he's a mile better than any of our current jokers from what little I've seen of him. £40k p/a is £2m a year so considering he's free that wouldn't be too bad on a 2/3 year deal.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/espanyol/20110611/osvaldo-tottenham-atletico/1039176.shtml

Still being linked with Osvaldo from Espanyol. Think it says something along the lines of Atletico Madrid and Spurs have made actual bids, and we're waiting to see what happens before bidding ourselves. Shattered and can't be arsed to translate but think that's the gist.

Maybe our back-up plan for Gervinho/Gameiro?

Marvin Martin in the Mirror with the Bird.

Its strange that he should be mentioned.

Last Night I was talking with a friend of mine (Who lives in France) and he said, that out of everyone who plays in France and also French players from other leagues, Marvin Martin is one of the best players around at the moment.

Last Night I was talking with a friend of mine (Who lives in France) and he said, that out of everyone who plays in France and also French players from other leagues, Marvin Martin is one of the best players around at the moment.

May have something to do with his two goals against Ukraine.

May have something to do with his two goals against Poland.

TBH He didn't even mention his goals against Poland.

May have something to do with his two goals against Poland.

TBH He didn't even mention his goals against Poland.

Sorry, Ukraine* And I thought you meant it was strange he had been mentioned on here!

Isn't Marvin Martian a central midfielder?

Even if we play 5 in midfield we are fairly well stocked with;

Tiote, Cabaye, Nolan, Gosling, Guthrie, Ben Arfa

We desperately need a couple of forwards though.

Marvin Martin would be our best player if we were to sign him. Going to be a top player from what I've seen.

Can't see him joining us. The top teams in France will be after him (and possibly Europe).

A midfield Trio of:

Cabaye---Martin

------Tioté-------

Would be capable of really excellent football though

May have something to do with his two goals against Ukraine.

also that the only player in france we haven't been linked with is steven creach of brest.

wasn't the quote by disco meant as a joke ?

while we're on i think it would be a good move, tiote,cabaye and martin with an attacking 2 plus a forward. (not that there is any sort of link to him though)

The Sunday Mirror chap on talkshite said on of their big stories tomorrow is about a 'Northern club with a lot of money' going for a player from Spain. Probably Aguero to Man City or something but theoretically could be something to do with us...