NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Just assuming for a second that there's truth in this (far from certain), what exactly would be the thinking behind it? I'm struggling to work it out.

He's not a long-term solution, has no resale value even if he was a runaway success and we wanted to buy him, is clearly not as good as Enrique, and probably doesn't want to sit on the bench all season when he could be playing elsewhere.

Literally the only thing I can think of is... he'd be cheap.

Have him on loan for a season and then ease Taylor or Ferguson into the position?

If there is any truth in this, it would be a very poor attempt to replace Jose. Can't believe there aren't better options out there - if there is any money to spend that is.

Has that smack of a deal that would appeal.

His debut for West Ham involved him attempting something like 6 passes and none of the were successful. He also gave away a penalty. He's an absolute shambles of a footballer.

'cos Jose has never had a s**** game...

:lol:

What an utterly bizarre retort.

The gist is that you can't judge a player on one game.  I thought you'd be sharp enough to have fathomed that to be honest

Why not just say that then, instead of coming up with a daft straw man and putting words in his mouth?

Just assuming for a second that there's truth in this (far from certain), what exactly would be the thinking behind it? I'm struggling to work it out.

He's not a long-term solution, has no resale value even if he was a runaway success and we wanted to buy him, is clearly not as good as Enrique, and probably doesn't want to sit on the bench all season when he could be playing elsewhere.

Have him on loan for a season and then ease Taylor or Ferguson into the position?

Taylor isn't ours yet and Ferguson is a better winger IMO. If Enrique is going, why not just buy a proper replacement?

He wouldn't be cheap though - and likely to be slated for it.  Maybe they think he he has something left in him and that experience counts for sommat.

Guest Chubby Jason

Taylor isn't ours yet and Ferguson is a better winger IMO. If Enrique is going, why not just buy a proper replacement?

HAHA. As if.

He wouldn't be cheap though - and likely to be slated for it.  Maybe they think he he has something left in him and that experience counts for sommat.

Trouble is he has very little experience other than how to pick spelks out of his arse.

His debut for West Ham involved him attempting something like 6 passes and none of the were successful. He also gave away a penalty. He's an absolute shambles of a footballer.

'cos Jose has never had a s**** game...

:lol:

What an utterly bizarre retort.

The gist is that you can't judge a player on one game.  I thought you'd be sharp enough to have fathomed that to be honest

Why not just say that then, instead of coming up with a daft straw man and putting words in his mouth?

I thought that you were clever man.  Could you not perceive that?

Trouble is he has very little experience other than how to pick spelks out of his arse.

maybe they think......not our place to judge imo

Dave man, go one day without mentioning a straw man.

I can't help it, it's a daily occurance. You say X, so must also think Y.

It was obvious man.  He referred to 1 (one) game and my comment obviously inferred that there may have been occasions when our incumbent left back may have played poorly.  It was clear - do we have to be literal and assume zero intelligence about everything?

Wouldn't be cheap, even with no transfer fee, City paying probably half his wages and no commitment to buy?

Wouldn't be cheap, even with no transfer fee, City paying probably half his wages and no commitment to buy?

Half his wages would be cheap???

Would Leeds see half Alan Smith's wages as cheap?

Leeds are a Championship club with no money. Are we?

players have a habit of resurrecting themselves here, however in this case i'd pass. can only hope it's because we have stuff going on elsewhere.

They do?

Leeds are a Championship club with no money. Are we?

Do we have as much money as Citeh?  Is the differential comparable (the answer is yes btw)

players have a habit of resurrecting themselves here, however in this case i'd pass. can only hope it's because we have stuff going on elsewhere.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li923cnlqB1qafrh6.gif