NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I didn't mean it as a slight on Ba, I just remember lots saying that they were delighted with getting him as long as he wasn't our main signing up front. Looks like he will be.

Why does it look that way? Have I missed some form of "We're not signing any more strikers" announcement?

If Pardew believes our main striker is an as yet unsigned addition to the 'out-and-out goalscorer' he's expecting 15-25 goals from then I can only assume he also expects us to be going for the top four.

So you've managed to turn Pardew's efforts to instill confidence in Ba, into a negative by claiming it means we're not interested in signing another striker as our "main" striker.

Eh, where was this? I think it looks like Ba will be our main striker. So f***ing what?

It's a f***ing joke that anyone on here expressing an opinion let alone a concern is automatically accused of panicking, doom-mongering or being overly negative for the sake of it. Not only that but it's seemingly impossible to be optimistic about some things and less so about others. Midds and I just renewed our season ticket, why the hell would I do that if all I wanted to do was criticise the club and be down about everything? I can think of lots of other things I could spend £250 a year on.

Well said.

I haven't seen everyone who expresses a concern labelled a doom-monger, any more than everyone expressing positivity is labelled an Ashley apologist. Pointless having that meta-debate, just get on with discussing the point.

Didn't you just post a suicide smilie in response to somebody's post?

Yes, I'm not saying every post on the site is reasonable. I hope you don't think I automatically slate every negative post... certainly don't intend to do that.

Seemed reasonable enough to me. Depends on your definition of reasonable - some people on here will defend every single thing that Ashley and his henchmen do, even when it blatantly contradicts what they defended them for last week - the latest example being the Carroll money. The difference is that you'll have scorn poured on you like stupid smilies if you raise the issue.

It's not too long ago the same people were posting the same "you doom-mongers just want the team to lose" rubbish before we got relegated, at people who said we were going to get relegated.

It's incredibly tedious.

name one.

Guest Roger Kint

Demba Ba is French according to Lee Ryder.

In that he was born there and may still hold a French passport despite representing Senegal at International level? Or in that Ryder didnt get past his place of birth and has no idea about anything?  ;D

If he was born in France, and lived in France most of his life, I'd say it's fair to say he's French.

Saying he's Senegalese is a bit like saying Robbie Earle is Jamaican. 

...or Matt Holland is Irish.

If he was born in France, and lived in France most of his life, I'd say it's fair to say he's French.

....or Chris Birchill is from Trinidad and Tobago.

How the fuck did they manage to wangle that, btw?

....or Chris Birchill is from Trinidad and Tobago.

How the fuck did they manage to wangle that, btw?

Not as bad as Tyrone Mears playing for Jamaica because he just assumed his black father was from there.

Turned out he was from Sierra Leone.

His entire family is Senegalese. He is Senegalese. He could be exiled from his country and move to Beijing, he will still be from Senegal.

Erm... Born and raised in France. I'd say he's french.

His nationality is French, his blood and heritage are West African, it is his choice as to which should be represented. He is both of these things.

If he was born and raised in France he may see himself as Senegalise but he will never be 'from' Senegal

His entire family is Senegalese. He is Senegalese. He could be exiled from his country and move to Beijing, he will still be from Senegal.

Disagree, he might be of Senegalese descent but he's French. He was born in France and lived there his whole life.

Both of my parents are from Finland but im born and raised here and im also a swedish citizen and lived here my whole life so i would say im "from" Sweden but im still a finn more than a swede because of my finnish blood and roots.

Or you could say im both (not on paper though)