Club statement

Magpie

Was cringeworthy listening to Redknapp yesterday, when Souness was admiring Mourinho for how he convinced Eto'o to do the role he did, all Redknapp had in his locker was, "yes, he's a great bloke, I met him when I did that crap Football X-Factor thing for Sky One".

• 3 weeks later...

This might have been said before by one of the accountants on here, but in business terms isn't "capital outlay" assessed over the life of an asset i.e including the purchase and the sale. So when an asset involves "no capital outlay", doesn't it mean that all of the money spent on it is recovered - so over the next 5 years we can buy lots of young players, as long as overall we expect to be able to sell them for more than we bought them for?

Sounds like a plan to me.

No capital outlay means exactly what people on here don't want it to mean. No money (or debt) will leave the club to purchase capital assets, i.e players.   A player that has no capital value, i.e a loan player, academy graduate or free signing is not a capital asset.

And that's it. 

It really could not be more clear and is one of the more transparent quotes Ashley has made.

No capital outlay means exactly what people on here don't want it to mean. No money (or debt) will leave the club to purchase capital assets, i.e players.   A player that has no capital value, i.e a loan player, academy graduate or free signing is not a capital asset.

And that's it. 

It really could not be more clear and is one of the more transparent quotes Ashley has made.

Except he said "no new capital outlay" not "no capital outlay".

• 1 month later...