Club statement

Magpie

Guest toonlass

I absolutely hate Niall Quinn. All this St Niall shite that the mackems come out with is just stomach turning. Wish it would come out in the Screws that he breaks into convents in Ireland and abuses nuns or something, just to fucking tarnish his frigging halo. Lanky Irish twat!

I absolutely hate Niall Quinn. All this St Niall shite that the mackems come out with is just stomach turning. Wish it would come out in the Screws that he breaks into convents in Ireland and abuses nuns or something, just to fucking tarnish his frigging halo. Lanky Irish twat!

Too busy drink driving to have time for that,

I absolutely hate Niall Quinn. All this St Niall s**** that the mackems come out with is just stomach turning. Wish it would come out in the Screws that he breaks into convents in Ireland and abuses nuns or something, just to f***ing tarnish his frigging halo. Lanky Irish t***!

so you don't hate him. you hate the adulation he gets which is nothing compared to what shearer gets who didn't do half as much for us as quinn has for them.

(thats was for all those ready to go'ers looking in)

I absolutely hate Niall Quinn. All this St Niall s**** that the mackems come out with is just stomach turning. Wish it would come out in the Screws that he breaks into convents in Ireland and abuses nuns or something, just to f***ing tarnish his frigging halo. Lanky Irish t***!

so you don't hate him. you hate the adulation he gets which is nothing compared to what shearer gets who didn't do half as much for us as quinn has for them.

(thats was for all those ready to go'ers looking in)

Do you really think they're stupid enough to fall for that nonesense?.. oh yeah they are.

May have been posted elsewhere -

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton insists he will have the means available to bolster his squad this summer.

Despite the Magpies' promotion back to the Premier League, owner Mike Ashley revealed earlier this month that were would be no new capital spend on players, and there has been no further clarification of what effect this will have on Hughton's plans.

But former Republic of Ireland international Hughton, while fully aware of the facts, is confident he will be able to recruit the players he feels will keep Newcastle in the top flight.

Confident

"I'm very, very confident that we will be able to make additions from what I have been told," said Hughton.

"I'm aware of where the club is financially and I'm aware of what the situation is, and I am confident that we will be able to strengthen the squad.

"My job now is to make sure we go into the season with a squad that is able to cope with what will be a tough season.

"As I have said before, I do believe that we have the nucleus of a squad good enough to keep us in the Premier League.

"But at the same time, I also believe that we have to add to the squad, because going into the Premier League is a very big ask.

"I don't want to put a number on the amount of new players we need, but I'm confident there will be a few new players. We will assess it as we go along."

Targets

Hughton predicted there would be little change to the squad before Ashley made the club's spending plans public, and the manager is adamant the men who battled for promotion from the Championship will be allowed the chance to prove themselves in the top flight.

But the Magpies boss has acknowledged the squad does need some reinforcement and has spent the weeks since promotion on the hunt for potential targets.

"I have been talking to other coaches and managers and I have been taking a lot of calls from agents," he told the Journal.

"I don't think anything will happen until late June or maybe even July, but we are doing a lot of work behind the scenes."

May have been posted elsewhere -

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton insists he will have the means available to bolster his squad this summer.

Despite the Magpies' promotion back to the Premier League, owner Mike Ashley revealed earlier this month that were would be no new capital spend on players, and there has been no further clarification of what effect this will have on Hughton's plans.

But former Republic of Ireland international Hughton, while fully aware of the facts, is confident he will be able to recruit the players he feels will keep Newcastle in the top flight.

Confident

"I'm very, very confident that we will be able to make additions from what I have been told," said Hughton.

"I'm aware of where the club is financially and I'm aware of what the situation is, and I am confident that we will be able to strengthen the squad.

"My job now is to make sure we go into the season with a squad that is able to cope with what will be a tough season.

"As I have said before, I do believe that we have the nucleus of a squad good enough to keep us in the Premier League.

"But at the same time, I also believe that we have to add to the squad, because going into the Premier League is a very big ask.

"I don't want to put a number on the amount of new players we need, but I'm confident there will be a few new players. We will assess it as we go along."

Targets

Hughton predicted there would be little change to the squad before Ashley made the club's spending plans public, and the manager is adamant the men who battled for promotion from the Championship will be allowed the chance to prove themselves in the top flight.

But the Magpies boss has acknowledged the squad does need some reinforcement and has spent the weeks since promotion on the hunt for potential targets.

"I have been talking to other coaches and managers and I have been taking a lot of calls from agents," he told the Journal.

"I don't think anything will happen until late June or maybe even July, but we are doing a lot of work behind the scenes."

Sounds a bit more positive at least

More positivity from Sky Sports http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6161999,00.html

Hughton expects transfer kitty

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is confident Mike Ashley will back him in the transfer market this summer.

Having secured promotion back into the Premier League at the first time of asking, the Magpies know they must reinforce if they are to remain among England's elite.

A list of possible targets has already been drawn up, with Hughton aware of the areas he needs to strengthen.

Recruitment will obviously come at a cost, but the Newcastle boss believes club owner Ashley, who has come in for criticism in the past, will dig deep to ensure suitable additions are made.

"I was backed in the January transfer window and I will be bringing in players this summer, but we don't expect to be making wholesale changes," Hughton told the Daily Express.

"We've just gone through a good season where the squad have developed a momentum and spirit.

"I'm keen not to disrupt and disband everything we've done but I'm aware we're going into a better division and need to bring in the right players for what will be a tough season."

Hughton also believes that Newcastle can hold their own back in the top tier, with the gap between the top two divisions having narrowed over recent years.

"We've definitely been buoyed by what Birmingham have done, and Wolves to a lesser degree," he said, with the Midlands duo having avoided the drop in 2009/10.

"They have coped very well in the Premier League."

What we don't know at this point is how our spending power compares with that of our competitors, which is what really counts. The clubs in the top eight look likely to have something to spend but my impression is that things are tight for nearly everyone else. Transfer fees and salaries may actually be going down.

Guest BooBoo

Apparently we get the last installment of £4 million this summer for Milner. I wonder if Fat Ash will hoover the lot or leave some for new recruits.

Apparently we get the last installment of £4 million this summer for Milner. I wonder if Fat Ash will hoover the lot or leave some for new recruits.

In fairness, he doesn't tend to take money out of the club... although that could change, of course.

Guest pont-toon

In fairness, he doesn't tend to take money out of the club... although that could change, of course.

bet the stupid idiots didnt insert a sell on clause when we flogged him to villa

bet the stupid idiots didnt insert a sell on clause when we flogged him to villa

I bet most people on here would have taken a £12m deal for him without any sell on clauses.

Most people would have took £8m with a sell on clause.

£12m without was probably a better deal worth pushing for at the time without hindsight.

How much of £20m+ do you think we'd have got just out of interest? I doubt we'd be talking £4m anyway.

I know this is obvious - but it would be capital outlay (according to all definitions), but not 'new' outlay if the 13m we recive in all this summer is invested in players.  Kind of like a deferred sell to buy.

Most people would have took £8m with a sell on clause.

£12m without was probably a better deal worth pushing for at the time without hindsight.

How much of £20m+ do you think we'd have got just out of interest? I doubt we'd be talking £4m anyway.

any more than 10% would be shocking

Milner left & got a hell of lot better & is hitting the potential one of the youngest players to play PL football, most expensive teenagers in PL history & England record U21 caps holder should be. That's life.