Players to look out for this World Cup

Keefaz

I said this the other night when everyone was creaming themselves over Heskey. He had his best game in an England shirt for a while, yet still couldn't put the ball away. The argument about how he creates space for others doesn't apply anymore, Rooney was the one getting double marked, meaning there was a massive gap in behind the whole of the second half. The only time Heskey actually took advantage of it he gifted it straight to Howard. Ridiculous inclusion in the squad, let alone first eleven.

I said this the other night when everyone was creaming themselves over Heskey. He had his best game in an England shirt for a while, yet still couldn't put the ball away. The argument about how he creates space for others doesn't apply anymore, Rooney was the one getting double marked, meaning there was a massive gap in behind the whole of the second half. The only time Heskey actually took advantage of it he gifted it straight to Howard. Ridiculous inclusion in the squad, let alone first eleven.

:snod:

"Heskey complimenting Rooney" is a massive myth.

4-5-1 is the way forward. Have a horrible feeling Capello is going to be stubborn though.

Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan attacking midfielder. Will probably play in behind Suarez and Forlan, he really was the link they needed from midfield and attack.

Jong Tae-Se, striker for North Korea. Dubbed the 'People's Wayne Rooney'.

Alexis Sanchez. Will play on the right side of Chile's front three. Not made an impact in Europe yet but always plays well for the national team.

Javier Pastore. Elegant midfielder who will be deputy to Veron in midfield, will probably get his chance when Veron inevitably fails to last the pace of a tournament like this.

Teko Modise. Likely to be South Africa's main hope from what I've heard. Will probably move abroad after the tournament.

Well so far, Lodeiro got himself sent off, Modise had a shocker and Pastore couldn't get on the pitch.

:thup:

Hoping Pastore gets a chance now that Veron is ruled out of the S.Korea match......but from what I've read Maxi might be taking his place.

Heard on the BBC World Service today that four of the NZ players in the squad don't even play professionally.

Yeah, one of their subs today had to get time off from the bank he works at.

That's so awesome, especially in today's game where there are dudes making a week what it takes "common" people years to make.