Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Klose bags a couple of shinners against Uruguay I'm gonna be pissed for Ronaldo's sake. (The player, not resident antagonist.)

I'd rather have Klose as best ever World Cup goal scorer than that fat overweight Brazilien.

If Klose bags a couple of shinners against Uruguay I'm gonna be pissed for Ronaldo's sake. (The player, not resident antagonist.)

I'd rather have Klose as best ever World Cup goal scorer than that fat overweight Brazilien.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Guest firetotheworks

BLASPHEMY!!!!

krul versus jose! :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/07/08/split-loyalties-for-spanish-ace-and-dutch-star-72703-26810827/

Before heading to Dublin for the Toon’s pre-season boot camp, Enrique said: “It is brilliant for Spanish football.

“Many people thought the Germans would beat us because they had been in such good form earlier in the tournament, but maybe they had reached their peak by beating Argentina 4-0.

“I was always confident, and as it turned out we could have won by an even bigger margin had we put away our chances.

“Germany never really looked like scoring and credit for that must go to our defence who were magnificent, as well as Iker Casillas.

“In midfield we worked tirelessly too and passed the ball round really well.”

Enrique admits he will be waiting come Sunday evening for Krul, who he expects to be an inconsolable figure come the end of the clash in South Africa.

He added: “As for Sunday, well Tim is on a loser I am sorry to say. It is a real pity for him because he iss such a nice lad!

“Seriously, though, I firmly believe we have the quality to win the World Cup first the first time – and then just watch Spain celebrate!

“I am going for 2-1, with maybe David Villa and Alonso grabbing the goals.”

However, Krul – whose best pal Wesley Sneijder is one of the talismen for Holland – said: “I am not sure what Jose is on!

“Holland will win 3-2 in what I predict will be a classic final between the two best footballing sides in the tournament.

“We have not lost yet, unlike Spain, and I know the team are high on confidence.

“We have the players to unlock any defence in the world, and the determination and resolve to put our bodies on the line for our country.”

Speaking on his close mate Sneijder, Krul added: “Wesley has been outstanding, while I am going for Robin van Persie to score the winner.”

The scenes in Amsterdam earlier this week were nothing short of sensational as a nation rejoiced in reaching the final.

Krul said: “I would give anything to be there, or even on the streets of Amsterdam on Sunday night after we have won it. I cannot wait!”

:rockyII:

Guest firetotheworks

Those two seem to have more personality in their second language than our English players do in their first.

When do we find out who's refereeing the final?

Or do we already know?

Howard Webb hopefully! We need Van Bommel and De Jong to be able to get into Xavi's and Iniesta's face or we don't stand a chance, so a more lenient ref would be more than welcome... ;)

Guest Roger Kint

Mexican bloke is favourite, FIFA seem to be doing their best to get smaller countries officials over ones who work in bigger leagues and have experience of big name players. Not many better refs from what i have seen than Webb.....not that FIFA judge them on form

Was thinking that if Spain wins surely Xavi will get WPOTY (Sneijder if the opposite happens). That would be great, no Spanish player has ever won it and it would be damn f***ing time.

Xavi really deserves it.

Guest je85

When do we find out who's refereeing the final?

Or do we already know?

Howard Webb hopefully! We need Van Bommel and De Jong to be able to get into Xavi's and Iniesta's face or we don't stand a chance, so a more lenient ref would be more than welcome... ;)

It's rare they give the final to a ref at their first WC, wouldn't be surprised to see him get the 3/4 playoff though, he's had a solid tournament.

Was thinking that if Spain wins surely Xavi will get WPOTY (Sneijder if the opposite happens). That would be great, no Spanish player has ever won it and it would be damn f***ing time.

Xavi really deserves it.

Should be Messi for me, even if he didn't really win any international competitions. If Holland win it will be Sneijder though; he may not deserve it, but it's hard to ignore the fact he would have won every single competition he was involved in this season and have been quite instrumental in doing so... Has anybody ever accomplished that feat (winning 4 out of 4 competitions including CL and WC (or EC) I mean)?

Xavi really deserves it.

Should be Messi for me, even if he didn't really win any international competitions. If Holland win it will be Sneijder though; he may not deserve it, but it's hard to ignore the fact he would have won every single competition he was involved in this season and have been quite instrumental in doing so... Has anybody ever accomplished that feat (winning 4 out of 4 competitions including CL and WC (or EC) I mean)?

He'll be the first to do it I think.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he meant all of them in 1 season.

I know, I was just hazarding a guess. 2000 didn't he win the EC and CL?

Ah right, nah CL win was in 2001-2002.

Barca were the first Spanish club to win the treble aswell, same goes for Man U as English and Inter for Italy. 'The big 4' has never been done (Treble and WC). Although like VI said Spain won the Euros and then the Barca players went on to win the treble.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah right, nah CL win was in 2001-2002.

Barca were the first Spanish club to win the treble aswell, same goes for Man U as English and Inter for Italy. 'The big 4' has never been done (Treble and WC). Although like VI said Spain won the Euros and then the Barca players went on to win the treble.

Madrid won in 2000. They beat Valencia. So in that year he won the CL and EC, but not the league. He won that a year later.