Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8750672.stm

The Football Association anticipates England coach Fabio Capello will resign if his team make their World Cup exit on Wednesday, BBC Sport understands.

The FA is refusing to publicly discuss the possibility of the team's elimination at the group stage.

But, privately, senior figures admit they are considering their next move if England crash out against Slovenia.

This is a remarkable turn of events given the FA renegotiated Capello's four-year contract only on 2 June.

The FA removed a break clause from the Italian's four-year deal that would have allowed it to avoid paying him hefty compensation in the event it wanted to sack him.

:facepalm:

fucking hell man, isn't he on a reported 6m a year or something stupid?  :lol:

who the hell hands out a contract for 4 years @ 24m GBP without some form or performance related clause in it?

[assuming this isn't bullshit]

Guest Phil K

We've been too keen to sack managers in the past. It looked like we were heading in the right direction under Capello until Green's fumbling incompetence v USA.

Its the PLAYERS not the manager FFS.

I would keep Capello till the next world cup and drop Terry and Rooney for the qualifyiers till the remember what it means to play for England again. Asking for beers after the Algeria game... :laugh: :rolleyes:

Lampard would not get in a 3 man midfield.  :facepalm: He's useless in a four for Engalnd and Messi and Ronaldo would hardly trek back.

Lampard has proved time and again with Chelsea he is a superb player in a central midfield 3.

Lampard would not get in a 3 man midfield.  :facepalm: He's useless in a four for Engalnd and Messi and Ronaldo would hardly trek back.

Lampard has proved with Essien, Drogba, Obi Mikel and Malouda and Ballack around him that he can look good at Chelsea.

FYP

We've been too keen to sack managers in the past. It looked like we were heading in the right direction under Capello until Green's fumbling incompetence v USA.

Erm

He tried to play Gerrard, Lampard and Barry in the same team ???

WHy play a DM against a team that is happy to sit deep??

Why play Gerrard on the left?

Drop fucking Lumpard and stick Carrick on, drop Barry and put Joe Cole on the left.

Trying to take away the blame from FC, unreal.

He is to blame as much as the players.

Lampard has proved with Essien, Drogba, Obi Mikel and Malouda and Ballack around him that he can look good at Chelsea.

FYP

He is still a top drawer player though and he does look better playing with them but i think that is as much down to them knowing each others games better rather than just ability. Especially with Mikel as I don't rate him in the slightest.

Erm

Drop fucking Lumpard and stick Carrick on, drop Barry and put Joe Cole on the left.

nailed on all counts

it's bothered me that against the two teams we've played so far he (and the team) have set up so overly-cautious...piss poor, we should have thrown the kitchen sink at them both and they'd never have known what hit them

the US actually play a style that's fairly similar to the British game, sad thing is they're actually doing it better than us now we're in such a godawful state

FYP

He is still a top drawer player though and he does look better playing with them but i think that is as much down to them knowing each others games better rather than just ability. Especially with Mikel as I don't rate him in the slightest.

i never know what people can't understand about this - football is littered with players who are consistently good or great at club or even european level but once taken out of their comfort zone and put into an unfamiliar team they don't perform

this is frank lampard, he's virtually the dictionary definition of it really

FYP

i never know what people can't understand about this - football is littered with players who are consistently good or great at club or even european level but once taken out of their comfort zone and put into an unfamiliar team they don't perform

EVENTUALLY IT HAS TO WORK!   :facepalm:

FYP

Not to mention he is part of a Chelsea side that routinely roll over 90% of the opposition. When up against a team of other international players with good technique and no fear, reagardless of the size of the country I'm sure they start doubting themselves when things don't go well the first 20 minutes.

FYP

Not to mention he is part of a Chelsea side that routinely roll over 90% of the opposition. When up against a team of other international players with good technique and no fear, reagardless of the size of the country I'm sure they start doubting themselves when things don't go well the first 20 minutes.

Every professional team in the world can match you for effort....its that little bt of extra skill and technique that will take you past teams.

Sadly we lack it, all we have is a bunch of blokes that can run for 90s.  The countries set up for producing players is totally incorrect, this is what happens when you allow load mouth cunts like Howard Wilkinson in.

Ball skill and control over fitness anytime.

FYP

Every professional team in the world can match you for effort....its that little bt of extra skill and technique that will take you past teams.

Sadly we lack it, all we have is a bunch of blokes that can run for 90s.   The countries set up for producing players is totally incorrect, this is what happens when you allow load mouth cunts like Howard Wilkinson in.

Agreed.

Ball skill, technique, control and movement can be taught and drilled into kids as the ULTIMATE in football, which it should be, the game is called football.

Fitness, athleticism, tactics can all be added later when they are older. 

A ninja master or Samurai master doesn't say to his pal "that lad there, he could fight like fuck for hours on end, fitness is superb but can he fuck control a sword!"

Erm

Drop f***ing Lumpard and stick Carrick on, drop Barry and put Joe Cole on the left.

Yes its so easy to blame the manager but the players on the pitch take the responsibilty for there actions on it ,if they have to play to a strict system it does not explain how shit everyone played and there lack of control ,skill,motivation,responsibility and in Gerrards own words courage.

FYP

Sadly we lack it, all we have is a bunch of blokes that can run for 90s.   The countries set up for producing players is totally incorrect, this is what happens when you allow load mouth cunts like Howard Wilkinson in.

Agreed.

Thought Beckenbauer said it right (unfortunately) - kick and rush football is what England are playing and he's right.

I wanted to cry at some of Lampard's passing during the US game, not just him, but he stands out in my mind as the worst offender simply due to the hype surrounding him.

Carrick needs to be in the team right now as he's one of the only players with good technique, passing range and vision.  With the space Rooney & Gerrard can make for themselves we'll be OK with that setup but not if we just hopelessly hoy it up the pitch again.

My worst fear, in a way, is that for once the "names" play a half decent game and we beat Slovenia to go through 'cause it would only paper over the cracks 'til we met someone good.  Far prefer us to work out what's going wrong now 'cause it's fuckin obvious.

FYP

Sadly we lack it, all we have is a bunch of blokes that can run for 90s.   The countries set up for producing players is totally incorrect, this is what happens when you allow load mouth c***s like Howard Wilkinson in.

Agreed.

Thought Beckenbauer said it right (unfortunately) - kick and rush football is what England are playing and he's right.

I wanted to cry at some of Lampard's passing during the US game, not just him, but he stands out in my mind as the worst offender simply due to the hype surrounding him.

Carrick needs to be in the team right now as he's one of the only players with good technique, passing range and vision.  With the space Rooney & Gerrard can make for themselves we'll be OK with that setup but not if we just hopelessly hoy it up the pitch again.

My worst fear, in a way, is that for once the "names" play a half decent game and we beat Slovenia to go through 'cause it would only paper over the cracks 'til we met someone good.  Far prefer us to work out what's going wrong now 'cause it's fuckin obvious.

Imho and you probably agree there are certain players who are untouchable and the main skeleton of the team will stay the same but Joe Cole has to be a priority and drop Heskey for Crouch or Defoe who need a proper chance to change our teams fortunes .

FYP

Sadly we lack it, all we have is a bunch of blokes that can run for 90s.   The countries set up for producing players is totally incorrect, this is what happens when you allow load mouth c***s like Howard Wilkinson in.

Agreed.

Imho and you probably agree there are certain players who are untouchable and the main skeleton of the team will stay the same but Joe Cole has to be a priority and drop Heskey for Crouch or Defoe who need a proper chance to change our teams fortunes .

People joke but I honestly think when it came to it, US and Algeria were, whilst marking Heskey obviously, aware that he was unlikely to cause much damage. Hence, more effort could be devoted to marking Rooney out the game. Get Heskey off and get a goalscoring threat on, PLEASE!

Casillas

Maicon -- Lucio -- Chiellini -- Lahm

Xavi -- Essien -- Iniesta

Villa -- Drogba -- Messi

Lampard would be nowhere near my Fantasy XI. I remember having an argument on here before world cup 2006 with someone (who shall remain nameless) who told me quite insistently that Gerrard and Lampard were far better footballers than Xavi. 

:facepalm:

I think you should name names Andy.

Spain have ball skill & control, didnt help them much against Switzerland.

Our main issue against Algeria was just a team getting to many men behind the ball for us to handle. Same as it was for them.

Dont really think theres much more to it than that. We couldnt deal with it, didnt have the space to create...that caused frustration and effected self belief. The longer it went on, the less they expected to beat the opposition. The lack of ball control is just related to that, hesitation in everything they do. Thinking about things to much. The ball/pitch wont help anyone atall either.

Slovenia will do the same again. One of our best chances is them being a little overconfident & leaving the game a little more open than they should.

Spain have ball skill & control, didnt help them much against Switzerland.

Our main issue against Algeria was just a team getting to many men behind the ball for us to handle. Same as it was for them.

Dont really think theres much more to it than that. We couldnt deal with it, didnt have the space to create...that caused frustration and effected self belief. The longer it went on, the less they expected to beat the opposition. The lack of ball control is just related to that, hesitation in everything they do. Thinking about things to much. The ball/pitch wont help anyone atall either.

Slovenia will do the same again. One of our best chances is them being a little overconfident & leaving the game a little more open than they should.

They  won the euro championship last time of asking and have one of the most fluid midfields in the world  ;D

One slip up at the world cup and they are now rubbish.