Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone can surely see how good those players are. If Capello can't make a team out of them, he's failed and deserves the sack.

I'll call shenanigans on Lampard then, probably Terry too.

Cappello, who has won almost everything in the game of football, can't make Lampard work at International level neither could all of the other previous managers...so it's them is it?  And not Frank.

It's only Steve Mac and Capello who've failed. Lampard scored and created a lot under Sven.

In which major tournaments?

After Wednesdays inevitable goalless draw, Spaghetti Heads position will be completely untenable. What a f***ing disaster, Bobby would be rolling in his grave.

Bobby's record in his career was nothing compared to Capello's tbf.

How dare you slander the good lords name.

How about you take your rose tinted geps off?

Sir Bobby over eight years and 95 matches had a 49.47 win percentage.

Capello over two years and 26 matches have a 69.23 win percentage.

You had an absolute dross qualifying group this time around, though, which makes Capello seem more impressive in win % than Sir Bobby.

I said over their careers, which meant the comment wasn't exclusive just to England.  :razz:

I hope you are taking away his time at Juventus where he was manager when the match fixing went on then. (and got stripped of both his titles)

I can do that - It only leaves him with five Serie A's, two La Liga's and a European Cup and various cup titles too.  :coolsmiley:

Anyone can surely see how good those players are. If Capello can't make a team out of them, he's failed and deserves the sack.

Cappello, who has won almost everything in the game of football, can't make Lampard work at International level neither could all of the other previous managers...so it's them is it?  And not Frank.

It's only Steve Mac and Capello who've failed. Lampard scored and created a lot under Sven.

1 out of 2.

After Wednesdays inevitable goalless draw, Spaghetti Heads position will be completely untenable. What a f***ing disaster, Bobby would be rolling in his grave.

You had an absolute dross qualifying group this time around, though, which makes Capello seem more impressive in win % than Sir Bobby.

I said over their careers, which meant the comment wasn't exclusive just to England.  :razz:

I hope you are taking away his time at Juventus where he was manager when the match fixing went on then. (and got stripped of both his titles)

take away those two seasons, when there was zero implication he was involved as i understand it, and he's still one of the most successful managers of his generation

1 out of 2.

when did he perform?  what games did he run and win for us?

i know we've been here before but he doesn't have the right stuff for international football ( as an Englishman) no matter how much you try to say he does

1 out of 2.

i know we've been here before but he doesn't have the right stuff for international football ( as an Englishman) no matter how much you try to say he does

He doesn't have the right stuff for Algeria and USA but consistently gets more goals and assists than anyone from midfield in the world's best league?

It's utter tripe, man. Give him the freedom to play higher up the park and he'll excel.

1 out of 2.

He doesn't have the right stuff for Algeria and USA but consistently gets more goals and assists than anyone from midfield in the world's best league?

It's utter tripe, man. Give him the freedom to play higher up the park and he'll excel.

gah!  you've actually just said "the worlds best league", and meant it

wow

ok...so what excuses him then?  seriously 'cause he can't pass or score or even be dangerous...it truly eludes me what he offers when not playing for chelsea, and that goes for Terry too.

Needs to look a lot like this if it's meant to work at all with Gerrard and Lampard on the pitch together:

DM

RM                                          LM

Lampard      Gerrard

Rooney

If not that then the only manager to succeed will be the first one to drop either Lampard or Gerrard and I'd personally sit Gerrard.  Being able to bring Gerrard on for Lampard in the 60th minute would be a powerful powerful sub.

1 out of 2.

wow

ok...so what excuses him then?  seriously 'cause he can't pass or score or even be dangerous...it truly eludes me what he offers when not playing for chelsea, and that goes for Terry too.

Now you're taking the piss. Show me a better English CB than Terry who isn't Rio Ferdinand.

Lampard had produced far more than Gerrard in an England shirt tbh.

can you quantify that Dave?

Do you mean statistically? I can't be bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, I just feel far more let down by Gerrard over the years considering what he has done for Liverpool in the same timeframe.

I can do that - It only leaves him with five Serie A's, two La Liga's and a European Cup and various cup titles too.  :coolsmiley:

Good CV, should be doing better.  O0

1 out of 2.

wow

Now you're taking the piss. Show me a better English CB than Terry who isn't Rio Ferdinand.

that's not the point i'm making, the point i'm making is that frank and john are great in SW1 with everyone bowing to their demands but they don't cut the mustard against top class opposition because they can't adapt to a different style of play (more so FL than JT granted)

the point being, cappello should pick a team that works, not the best 11 players for their club sides, there's a difference

Do you mean statistically? I can't be bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, I just feel far more let down by Gerrard over the years considering what he has done for Liverpool in the same timeframe.

Gerrard was worldclass against Germany 5-1. Apart from that neither Gerrard & Lampard have really done anything of note for me.

well i'm the same but the other way, FL has scored 20+ goals in the PL for 5 seasons running

5 seasons

he couldn't hit a 10 yard pass against the states

domestic and international football are 2 different things

Gerrard was worldclass against Germany 5-1. Apart from that neither Gerrard & Lampard have really done anything of note for me.

this i agree with, both are disappointing

however gerrards goal vs states suggests to me they might find a way to play with him in the team

nothing suggests they'll find a way to make lampard work so far, does it?

FWIW in terms of England both Lampard and Gerrard are very similar in that neither has been accomodated properly as they have by their clubs. Neither has performed nearly well enough by comparison to their club form. The problem every England manager has had is that it's virtually impossible to leave either of them out, so they're always shoe-horned in which very rarely works. If any of them had made a decision that it didn't work and simply shipped one out of them team (either) then I think we'd have seen more from whichever was picked over the years.

Short memory. Lampard was easily the driving force behind WC 06 qualification. Not to mention his excellent performances in Euro 04.