The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Apparently the word on Twitter is that a deal has been struck between H+G and Mill. Which would mean that Mill would pay off the debt to RBS and we're back to square one. :)

That's the option we all want to see  :mackems:

From Owen Gibson (The Guardian) @owen_g

#LFC latest: H+G pull restraining order, sparking race between NESV and Mill to get deal done. Losers almost bound to sue. See you in court.

NESV sources are convinced that a deal with Mill would still need board approval. If it went through regardless, they wd likely sue

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would it be wrong to laugh hysterically if this all fell through? Or better yet, Mills Financial took control and appointed H&G as executive board members?

Would it be wrong to laugh hysterically if this all fell through? Or better yet, Mills Financial took control and appointed H&G as executive board members?

If I understand this correctly, H+G could have struck a deal with Mill to pay off the debt. Sort of re-financing. Which of course would saddle the club/holding company with even more debt.

:)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If I understand this correctly, H+G could have struck a deal with Mill to pay off the debt. Sort of re-financing. Which of course would saddle the club/holding company with even more debt.

MUST

NOT

EXPLODE

WITH

LAUGHTER

the PL need to be careful - they could be sued as well................  English Company law doesn't recognise the "fit & proper person " test

It does recognise High Court judgments though.

Deal done

Hicks statement: will pursue $1.6bn in damages following 'proposed illegal sale". suggest will hinder club for years.

He should be the next Terminator.

Guest neesy111

They've got some cheek like.

Take over a top football club, laden it with debt and run it down to the point where it needs to be sold immediately to avoid administration and likely relegation... then claim damages for yourself.

Incredible.

It'll happen to some other clubs soon, i.e. ManUSA comes to mind.

I like your thinking.