Goals for Goal-line handballs?

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How the hell does it reward them? They get a man sent off and banned for a few matches and give away a penalty which is pretty much a goal.

Oh a penalty you say, yeah sorry you're right a pen is much worse then a certian goal..

As for a sending off, it only makes a difference earlier in the game, late in the game its 100% too a teams advantage to handle on the line if the ball would otherwise go in, they get a second chance with a keeper in the way to try to save the pen and the only punishement they get is that player missing the next match, meanwhile the opposition get no reward what so ever.

What if this situation had been in the last 30 seconds of regular play.  PK given, missed and now into Extra-Time. BUT now Uraguay are playing the additional 30 minutes with 10 men.  Surely the fact that he denied a "Sure goal" is the same and he saved the match is the same, but now there are 30 mins more to play a man down.

What if Suaraz was their main penalty taker? And red carding him and removing a 100% PK taker and making a "chris Waddle" take a PK surely changes the equation? 

I don;t see how you can define the parameters of granting a goal when it didn't cross the line.

Where was this campaign to get the rules changed yesterday then? It wasn't even an issue yesterday but now there's a clamour to alter the rules because Gyan missed the pen.

Ridiculous.

the rules have constantly adapted to occasions like this. at one time the cross bar was a rope, there were no penalties,a newcastle player was so adept at catching players offsider that the rule was changed, at one time is was OK to kick players from behind.

I've got no problem with rule changes that make it safer to play (tackle from behind) and make the game a better spectacle to watch (no backpasses/offside traps). I have got a problem with awarding goals when the ball hasn't crossed the line though.

How the hell does it reward them? They get a man sent off and banned for a few matches and give away a penalty which is pretty much a goal.

Oh a penalty you say, yeah sorry you're right a pen is much worse then a certian goal..

As for a sending off, it only makes a difference earlier in the game, late in the game its 100% too a teams advantage to handle on the line if the ball would otherwise go in, they get a second chance with a keeper in the way to try to save the pen and the only punishement they get is that player missing the next match, meanwhile the opposition get no reward what so ever.

What if this situation had been in the last 30 seconds of regular play.  PK given, missed and now into Extra-Time. BUT now Uraguay are playing the additional 30 minutes with 10 men.  Surely the fact that he denied a "Sure goal" is the same and he saved the match is the same, but now there are 30 mins more to play a man down.

What if Suaraz was their main penalty taker? And red carding him and removing a 100% PK taker and making a "chris Waddle" take a PK surely changes the equation? 

I don;t see how you can define the parameters of granting a goal when it didn't cross the line.

Those are circumstances where the current rule is fairly adequate of course, I'm only saying the rule doesn't fit every situation and IF it was possible to change it to work more evenly in every situation I'd be up for that (but it would take video footage of course, otherwise its impossible).  I understand why you think the idea of being able to give a goal without the ball crossing the line is strange, but if the referee could be certain (video replay) its not that hard to define.  A goal would only be given if the player handling the ball is the last man directly between the ball and the goal and the incident happens inside the six yard area.  Any other handball inside the penalty area would only end in a penalty (and red for handling away from goal outside the six yard area).

Where was this campaign to get the rules changed yesterday then? It wasn't even an issue yesterday but now there's a clamour to alter the rules because Gyan missed the pen.

Ridiculous.

the rules have constantly adapted to occasions like this. at one time the cross bar was a rope, there were no penalties,a newcastle player was so adept at catching players offsider that the rule was changed, at one time is was OK to kick players from behind.

I've got no problem with rule changes that make it safer to play (tackle from behind) and make the game a better spectacle to watch (no backpasses/offside traps). I have got a problem with awarding goals when the ball hasn't crossed the line though.

the game has to be improved if a rule change like this stops that sort of cuntishness.

If the ball does not cross the line, a goal cannot be awarded. Simple as.

Keep the rule as they are, controversy just makes it all the more fun.

teach our kids how to dive aswell, the best way to shout at the ref, how to kick someone without being spotted ?