Our Club. Our Shirt?

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

So, this young chap, who couldn't manage to write a forum awards list because of his numerous Hollywood blockbuster commitments, is going to design, create and distribute a football kit?

Smashing. Sure it'll go really well.

:lol:

Get a life ffs. Also, while at it, learn to read. I'm doing neither of those things.

I like that the awards are deemed as being so important. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

So, this young chap, who couldn't manage to write a forum awards list because of his numerous Hollywood blockbuster commitments, is going to design, create and distribute a football kit?

Smashing. Sure it'll go really well.

:lol:

Get a life ffs. Also, while at it, learn to read. I'm doing neither of those things.

I like that the awards are deemed as being so important. :lol:

Er, they're not. That's kind of my point, Einstein.

This does feel like an Anti-Ashley protest dressed up as a fund-raiser for the SBR foundation.

If you want to help the foundation with some scheme, great, but the motivation here seems confused. It looks like the equivelent of the Man U yellow and green scarves.

This does feel like an Anti-Ashley protest dressed up as a fund-raiser for the SBR foundation.

If you want to help the foundation with some scheme, great, but the motivation here seems confused. It looks like the equivelent of the Man U yellow and green scarves.

Thats why I said keep NUST out of it, if it was their idea or they involved then I would think twice before buying it.

Guest malandro

Not really. It looks like what it is, somebody who is exploring the possibility of offering supporters a way of wearing their team’s colours whilst raising some money for a good cause while they’re at it.  Any confusion is all in your head.

The Newcastle replica kit was poorly designed and overpriced long before Ashley arrived - symbolic of the exploitation of supporter’s loyalty. The contempt of Puma’s design team may be the catalyst of for this idea, but football clubs have been taking the piss for years. Sticking the club crest on any old bit of tat and saying ‘that’ll be fifty quid’.

Whether he succeds or not, I applaud Kaizero for taking the initiative - and fart in the general direction of those who nitpick instead of getting behind a worthwhile idea.

Guest malandro

Thats why I said keep NUST out of it, if it was their idea or they involved then I would think twice before buying it.

Have you ever been to a NUST meeting?

If it'd work it needs to be a bit of a departure from an actual home shirt, more of a home shirt inspired shirt, or something more gimmicky like half newcastle half ipswich.

It absolutely CANT  represent anti Ashley or anti Puma propaganda because then it will never be timeless, it will always age and it will lack credibility. If its represented more as a separate idea incorporating something else rather than a change to a more original design then it'll much more of a one of and much more agreeable to all

I like the half Newcastle Half Ipswich idea on reflection, not sure if its already been mentioned, I haven't read the entire thread, maybe I'm remembering it from somewhere else....?

Have you ever been to a NUST meeting?

No, and I don't want to go to one either.

If it'd work it needs to be a bit of a departure from an actual home shirt, more of a home shirt inspired shirt, or something more gimmicky like half newcastle half ipswich.

It absolutely CANT  represent anti Ashley or anti Puma propaganda because then it will never be timeless, it will always age and it will lack credibility. If its represented more as a separate idea incorporating something else rather than a change to a more original design then it'll much more of a one of and much more agreeable to all

I like the half Newcastle Half Ipswich idea on reflection, not sure if its already been mentioned, I haven't read the entire thread, maybe I'm remembering it from somewhere else....?

Maybe you are remembering the half Ipswich and half NUFC scrafs we had last year. To me those scarfs are fine, but on a shirt it doesn't work and doesn't look right, infact it looks tacky. The only idea like that that seems reasonable is a reversable one. We would have to get some feedback from Ipwsich ans though, but I would take a guess and say that like us they would prefer their own shirts dedicated to SBR.

If this is to be done swiftly, we need to throw up some designs while we wait for SBR Foundation.

I think most of us like the Nike mock up. Is it possible to get intouch with the shirt makers, and say the likes of Back page, TF, and The Mag to see what they think and if they would back the idea if permission was gained?

Maybe you are remembering the half Ipswich and half NUFC scrafs we had last year. To me those scarfs are fine, but on a shirt it doesn't work and doesn't look right, infact it looks tacky. The only idea like that that seems reasonable is a reversable one. We would have to get some feedback from Ipwsich ans though, but I would take a guess and say that like us they would prefer their own shirts dedicated to SBR.

If an NUFC shirt were to be manufactured, a similar ipswich shirt could be made and manufactured using the same template (except plain blue)

If this is to be done swiftly, we need to throw up some designs while we wait for SBR Foundation.

I think most of us like the Nike mock up. Is it possible to get intouch with the shirt makers, and say the likes of Back page, TF, and The Mag to see what they think and if they would back the idea if permission was gained?

Will inquire with them tomorrow and hear their thoughts. :thup:

If an NUFC shirt were to be manufactured, a similar ipswich shirt could be made and manufactured using the same template (except plain blue)

:thup:

Yeah, can't be a direct rip-off of this seasons templates though. So the ones around here that know how to design should try to think original and sexy if they want to participate. :thup:

Still though we should get in touch with the Ipswich fan club or similar to see what they think of the idea and if it would be a success. It though would have to be down to them to make it happen though, though I'm sure we could help them out, I.E. getting intouch with the SBR Foundation and shirt makers.

Not really. It looks like what it is, somebody who is exploring the possibility of offering supporters a way of wearing their team’s colours whilst raising some money for a good cause while they’re at it.  Any confusion is all in your head.

The Newcastle replica kit was poorly designed and overpriced long before Ashley arrived - symbolic of the exploitation of supporter’s loyalty. The contempt of Puma’s design team may be the catalyst of for this idea, but football clubs have been taking the piss for years. Sticking the club crest on any old bit of tat and saying ‘that’ll be fifty quid’.

Whether he succeds or not, I applaud Kaizero for taking the initiative - and fart in the general direction of those who nitpick instead of getting behind a worthwhile idea.

Cheers for that. :thup:

Yeah, can't be a direct rip-off of this seasons templates though. So the ones around here that know how to design should try to think original and sexy if they want to participate. :thup:

If its original and sexy we want, lets have a big picture of Cheryl Cole in the centre (maybe not in her current state). No complaints here!

Still though we should get in touch with the Ipswich fan club or similar to see what they think of the idea and if it would be a success. It though would have to be down to them to make it happen though, though I'm sure we could help them out, I.E. getting intouch with the SBR Foundation and shirt makers.

It's a canny idea which should be explored should this work out, but we can't get too far ahead of ourselves already and start involving another club when we don't even know if the SBR foundation will be on board. :razz:

I don't know, that Nike fan made mock up is popular, and I'm sure whoever made it wouldn't have anything against having it as an actual shirt.

It's a canny idea which should be explored should this work out, but we can't get too far ahead of ourselves already and start involving another club when we don't even know if the SBR foundation will be on board. :razz:

Well yes it does all depend on permission, but we should still progress with our own shirt before we start talking with other clubs, get ourselves sorted out and then involve others.

I don't know, that Nike fan made mock up is popular, and I'm sure whoever made it wouldn't have anything against having it as an actual shirt.

Red numbers one, or am I thinking of something else? And if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's made from a Nike template which means it could be legal worries using it. Could be easily fixed by doing some alterations to it to make it pretty much the same, just, I don't know, different? :lol:

Well said mate, I was thinking the same thing. A big  :thup: to Kaizero!

Red numbers one, or am I thinking of something else? And if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's made from a Nike template which means it could be legal worries using it. Could be easily fixed by doing some alterations to it to make it pretty much the same, just, I don't know, different? :lol:

Aye the red numbers one. I thought it was just a made up shirt with the Nike logo slapped on, I didn't relise it was an actual template.

Guest malandro

It would also double the start up costs? All that’s needed is a simple black and white shirt that does justice to the traditions of the club and the loyalty of the supporters. If you can achieve that you’ll have done great job.

Best of luck.