Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest malandro

malandro's wife/husband/carer/significant other - if you can see this:

Please stick some prozac in his coffee. :thup:

Signed,

everyone

Forgive me for not creaming my pants about bringing in a free transfer with a serious injury and next to no experience.

Jumps like a salmon, runs like a gazelle with cramp, slightly less tackle than gazza on a night out, not quite as friendly as hughton but less likely to stick a glass in your face than Carroll, he passed a recent std test, he needs to work on every part of his game which is strange for a 20 year old.

Does that help?

Signed,

everyone

Forgive me for not creaming my pants about bringing in a free transfer with a serious injury and next to no experience.

No-one wants you to cream your pants, and I haven't creamed mine.

You just have a very negative outlook on basically everything that happens at the club.

Exactly how anyone can look at this deal and consider it bad news is beyond me.

I bet you'd be the same if we hadn't signed him - pissed off at the lack of signings instead of the quality of them.

Signed,

everyone

Aye, what a wanker Gosling is for having next to no experience at 20-years-old. :rolleyes:

We're gatting a £3-4 million rated player for nowt, how can that be anything but fantastic? Even if he only manages a few games we could sell him on for a tidy profit.

Wrong. If he only plays a few games another club won’t match his wages and we’ll be stuck with him until his four year contract expires.

Won't match his wages?.. the lads not on 50k ffs :lol:  In fact he's supposedly on between £20k to £25k, even some Championship clubs can afford that.

Its amazing anyone can be negative about this.  We've signed a 20 year old (for nothing) who played 20 games for Everton last season.  A player that Moyes wanted to keep, and he's not on a big wage either.

and next to no experience.

Sorry about that by the way, shall we get back on the blower to Nicky and beg him to sign another deal?

We've done the 'experienced campaigner for big money' transfer policy to death and the result was a year in the Championship. Signing younger players who will garner experience by playing and signing them for good prices that represent value in the current economic climate doesn't sound too bad in comparison, not to me anyway.

Signed,

everyone

Aye, what a wanker Gosling is for having next to no experience at 20-years-old. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Guest malandro

We're gatting a £3-4 million rated player for nowt, how can that be anything but fantastic? Even if he only manages a few games we could sell him on for a tidy profit.

Wrong. If he only plays a few games another club wont match his wages and well be stuck with him until his four year contract expires.

Won't match his wages?.. the lads not on 50k you know.  In fact he's supposedly on between £20k to £25k, even some Championship clubs can afford that.

Why would they pay it for lad who can’t get game for us? Not that I’m saying he won’t, that was somebody else’s conjecture. 

Guest malandro

Signed,

everyone

Aye, what a w***** Gosling is for having next to no experience at 20-years-old. :rolleyes:

It’s fact not a criticism. He does have next to no experience, which makes him an unknown quantity. 

22 Premiership games, 4 goals aged 20.

What are people complaining about again?

Oh and how many premiership goals in the last 2 premiership years have Guthrie, Barton & Smith scored?

Wrong. If he only plays a few games another club won’t match his wages and we’ll be stuck with him until his four year contract expires.

Won't match his wages?.. the lads not on 50k you know.  In fact he's supposedly on between £20k to £25k, even some Championship clubs can afford that.

Why would they pay it for lad who can’t get game for us? Not that I’m saying he won’t, that was somebody else’s conjecture.  

Well because their are worse teams out there then us obviously.

Like I said plenty of Championship sides can afford £25k a week and plenty of them would be delighted to sign some of the players we regularly put on the bench.  Not that I expect this to be an issue, I'd be very shocked if Gosling isn't at least as good as Guthrie.

Sorry about that by the way, shall we get back on the blower to Nicky and beg him to sign another deal?

We've done the 'experienced campaigner for big money' transfer policy to death and the result was a year in the Championship. Signing younger players who will garner experience by playing and signing them for good prices that represent value in the current economic climate doesn't sound too bad in comparison, not to me anyway.

Spot on :thup:

Experienced players (Campbell and James) are too old and shit, young players (Perch, Gosling) are too cheap and shit. I really dunno what a few are expecting us to sign :lol:

Guest malandro

You’re getting confused. We spent a year in the championship because the club was a complete shambles the previous season.

We did make some mistakes in the transfer market and there’s nowt wrong with bringing through young players. The mistake you’re making is assuming young equals good and experience equals bad.

I’m not claiming to know if Gosling is good or bad, only that it’s far too early to hail this as good (or bad) business.

Guest malandro

Oh and how many premiership goals in the last 2 premiership years have Guthrie, Barton & Smith scored?

Who's complaining?

Who's complaining?

You are about his experience, yet he's outscored 3 of our midfielders combined in the 22 games in the two years he's played in the Prem. At 20 years old that's not bad.

Well technically you can NEVER say any transfer is good business at the start if you look it like that. We could pick up messi on a 7 year £50k deal then he turns into the slightly more injury prone Owen Hargreaves.

I am 99% confident this won't only be a no risk signing but will turn out into a very good bit of business.

Guest malandro

Who's complaining?

You are about his experience, yet he's outscored 3 of our midfielders combined in the 22 games in the two years he's played in the Prem. At 20 years old that's not bad.

I’m not complaining about his lack of experience. I’m pointing out that he has very little and is therefore an unknown quantity. As I said earlier I doubt any of us know enough about this lad to make an informed judgement. This is why I asked about his game, to which one flippant response was the sum total of the forums knowledge.

Who's complaining?

I’m not complaining about his lack of experience. I’m pointing out that he has very little and is therefore an unknown quantity. As I said earlier I doubt any of us know enough about this lad to make an informed judgement. This is why I asked about his game, to which one flippant response was the sum total of the forums knowledge.

Well his unknown quality is that he's outscored 3 of our midfielders who cost us nearly £15m in transfer fee's alone, and we got him for free and is still 20.

I think you are making too much out of this unknown quantity thing imo, he's proven he can hack it in the prem at 20 years old by scoring goals, 4 of them in 22 games, that's quite decent, especially against our own.

Guest malandro

Well technically you can NEVER say any transfer is good business at the start if you look it like that. We could pick up messi on a 7 year £50k deal then he turns into the slightly more injury prone Owen Hargreaves.

I am 99% confident this won't only be a no risk signing but will turn out into a very good bit of business.

You’re entitled to your opinion, and it’s as likey to be correct as any other. It isn’t though the only opinion that can be arrived at based on the available evidence.

Better to let the lad play a few games than fuel expectations before he’s kicked a ball.