European Championship (U19's)

Thespence

Canales just glides over the surface

Aye he's great, then you've got to remember he'll be probably getting gametime for Real madrid next season.

Theoretically we could have the likes of Wilshere, Rodwell, Moses.. in this. The difference in class is down to players not being allowed to go aswell as the difference in coaching.

Canales just glides over the surface

Aye he's great, then you've got to remember he'll be probably getting gametime for Real madrid next season.

Theoretically we could have the likes of Wilshere, Rodwell, Moses.. in this. The difference in class is down to players not being allowed to go aswell as the difference in coaching.

I hope so since they're not loaning him back to Racing. Would be a bit of a pisser for him if they didn't.

gap in quality between these two sides is embarrasing, as is the difference in the way each team is approaching the game - one full of quick, short passes, the other hit and hope. spain's technical ability and intelligence is astonishing, and while england have one or two strong players generally they're good cos of strength and pace.

Aye Spain are fantastic, whereas England are full of bits and pieces footballers. Donaldson played in about 4 positions before he got subbed and I think that will ultimately be his downfall, not good enough to hold down one position to himself.

Guest Heneage

Donaldson played in about 4 positions before he got subbed and I think that will ultimately be his downfall, not good enough.

FYP.

If anyone was labouring under the notion that the next generation of English players will usher in a new era of thoughtful, intelligent football that match would bring them down to earth with a bump.

Spain were light years ahead in every area, technical skills, organisation, invention they were a joy to watch.

Spain's breathtaking second goal came from a hopefull England punt up field, the next time an England player touched the ball it was to retrieve it from the net after 25/26 Spanish passes, poetry in motion.

It's obvious that English football is still relying on the big, powerful type player to the detriment of touch and vision. I'm pretty sure most of those England players would win a 100m sprint against their Spanish counterparts but in terms of speed of thought there was no contest.

Spain were not scared to pass the ball to a man under pressure the little lay offs and 1-2s the Spanish were executing cut through England. In contrast England were pedestrian and plodding, playing in static lines even when we were in possession. The Spanish were always hungry for the ball and as a result the player in possession had numerous options.

I know England were missing a few of the better players but, frankly, I don't think they would have made much of a difference.

Scary stuff.