Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

He had a split second, and that's all it was to try and bend a ball between two defenders.  Ba had a Distin between him and Ben Arfa and Ben Arfa had the fullback next to him so the gap was tiny, he also had McFadden closing him down.

Mick, Ba was not only unmarked when HBA picked the ball up but he had plenty of space to run in to with only the keeper between him and the goal if it was played early enough, he delayed it far too long and ended up losing it.

Talented played when it usually comes to beating a man but I'm doubting the lads got a footballing brain.

What utter shite.  Anyway, weren't you supposed to be leaving when we didn't sign N'Zogbia?

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

He had a split second, and that's all it was to try and bend a ball between two defenders.  Ba had a Distin between him and Ben Arfa and Ben Arfa had the fullback next to him so the gap was tiny, he also had McFadden closing him down.

Mick, Ba was not only unmarked when HBA picked the ball up but he had plenty of space to run in to with only the keeper between him and the goal if it was played early enough, he delayed it far too long and ended up losing it.

Talented played when it usually comes to beating a man but I'm doubting the lads got a footballing brain.

What utter shite.  Anyway, weren't you supposed to be leaving when we didn't sign N'Zogbia?

Elaborate please.

Are you saying Ba wasn't in space and only had fresh air between him and the goal if played in?

Ba was marked by Distin, it was right in front of where I sit.  :lol:

What utter s****.  Anyway, weren't you supposed to be leaving when we didn't sign N'Zogbia?

Elaborate please.

Are you saying Ba wasn't in space and only had fresh air between him and the goal if played in?

I'm responding to your claim that you are unsure if Ben Arfa has a footballing brain.  Rather than basing your assumptions on about an hours worth of football why not try taking a look at some footage of Ben Arfa from his former clubs when he was settled in the team and hadn't just come back from a career threatening injury.

He had at least 5 yards on him, instead HBA tried to be greedy as per usual and ended up losing it.

Great play though as he's ace. :lol:

What utter s****.  Anyway, weren't you supposed to be leaving when we didn't sign N'Zogbia?

Elaborate please.

I'm responding to your claim that you are unsure if Ben Arfa has a footballing brain.  Rather than basing your assumptions on about an hours worth of football why not try taking a look at some footage of Ben Arfa from his former clubs when he was settled in the team and hadn't just come back from a career threatening injury.

So being out so long injured is the reason he can't pick a pass or spot runs from team mates on a regular basis and instead holding on to it until he either gets tackled or fouled.

This injury wasn't to his head was it?

Elaborate please.

So being out so long injured is the reason he can't pick a pass or spot runs from team mates on a regular basis and instead holding on to it until he either gets tackled or fouled.

This injury wasn't to his head was it?

partly, yes.  He is clearly off the pace and has yet to gel with his team mates.  I also think there is an element of him trying too hard to impress - the pressure and expectation on him is ridiculous and I'm sure that comes across to him when he is on the pitch.

Guest hatem garrincha

So instead of looking for Ba he tried to beat the defender again and lost it.

Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass. He failed and will fail again in similar situations. But when it succeeds, and it will, you just sit on your sofa and appreciate how pure pleasure football is

I hope he does soon as he's played in 6 games at SJP so far and done next to nothing in all of them.

aye, soon but unfortunately you'll disappear from this thread and I will desperatly ask where are you  :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He had at least 5 yards on him, instead HBA tried to be greedy as per usual and ended up losing it.

As per usual? Where do you get this from?

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass. He failed and will fail again in similar situations. But when it succeeds, and it will, you just sit on your sofa and appreciate how pure pleasure football is

I hope he does soon as he's played in 6 games at SJP so far and done next to nothing in all of them.

aye, soon but unfortunately you'll disappear from this thread and I will desperatly ask where are you  :lol:

10 games for us now and how many assists?

If there's one thing you shouldn't doubt about Ben Arfa, it's his footballing intelligence.

And if there is one thing you should doubt its Baggios footballing intelligence.

Come and tell me about it when you go to games. O0

As per usual? Where do you get this from?

Did you see the game?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I honestly cannot understand how he has "done nothing" or worse. It was Ben Arfa's introduction at Tottenham that led to Ameobi's goal and you could see already how much of an asset he is going to be. It was him who allowed us to relieve pressure and keep possession of the ball against Everton. Him being a "poor team player" is such crap, team playing does not mean sprinting to track back and making sliding challenges. At one point a minute or so prior to the goal he pulls four players from their respective positions and around him. Imagine how much of an asset he is going to be against teams when you can open up space like that for players such as Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba. His attacking play will offer so much to our team play in general it will be unreal.

If there's one thing you shouldn't doubt about Ben Arfa, it's his footballing intelligence.

And if there is one thing you should doubt its Baggios footballing intelligence.

Come and tell me about it when you go to games. O0

:lol:

First of all, I've been to SJP. Put a lot of money to get there so don't come with that bullshit.

Second of all, what the hell does that have to do with footballing intelligence. :lol:

I honestly cannot understand how he has "done nothing" or worse. It was Ben Arfa's introduction at Tottenham that led to Ameobi's goal and you could see already how much of an asset he is going to be. It was him who allowed us to relieve pressure and keep possession of the ball against Everton. Him being a "poor team player" is such crap, team playing does not mean sprinting to track back and making sliding challenges. At one point a minute or so prior to the goal he pulls four players from their respective positions and around him. Imagine how much of an asset he is going to be against teams when you can open up space like that for players such as Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba. His attacking play will offer so much to our team play in general it will be unreal.

He was average against Spurs and gave the ball away a ridiculous amount of times.

The reason we picked up against Spurs is because they had just scored so we opened up more and went for it, you could easily say it was AMeobi's introduction that changed the game since he performed better and got the winning goal but lets defend Ben Arfa.

The guy has played around 260minutes in a Newcastle shirt in the Premier League, couple coming at the end of games and you expect him to have scored 5 goals.

Guest hatem garrincha

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass. He failed and will fail again in similar situations. But when it

succeeds, and it will, you just sit on your sofa and appreciate how pure pleasure football is

Man, I thought you was a serious poster.

If I didn't follow Newcastle, I would conclude, reading you, he played 10 fully games without scoring the winning goal at Goodison.