Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yeah, that's my biggest intrigue. He rejected any talk after the Norway game, but after todays events I'm interested to see what his next move is.

My guess is that in injury will keep him out of training tomorrow.

'Injury' so to speak.

Quite possibly. :thup:

Not got a problem with the club trying to do the deal as cheaply as possible, but there's 'cheaply' and 'going in so low that we insult the selling club who instantly pull out of the deal'.

We may just have royally f***ed this one up. Lot's of rumours and heresay though so we'll wait and see but it's not loking good imo.

I don't have a problem with the club trying to get players for as cheaply as possible either, I prefer it.  What I do have a problem with is that we look as if we're a couple of players short of staying up and we're haggling over a player who looks good enough to make a difference to our season. 

We're not only looking to save on a signing, we're risking our premiership status for the season after this one.  The more this story makes the headlines the greater the chance of another club looking at what is going on and going for the player.

The fact we are playing hardball makes me think we have got such a strict predetermined financial structure that we will lose out on most of our major targets for the sake of taking a little bit of a chance to get the players Houghton wants instead of dithering and ending up with Leon Best quality players ,utter madness and probably a relegation battle ,if we get him and he does well more than likely he is sold on for a profit meaning good financial sense and i know every transfer is a gamble but this lad has masses of talent and worth sticking a few more quid on .

I think this one is pretty much dead in the water unless we can stump up some form of transfer fee, which I don't think we've ever had any plan of doing.

Just hopeful now that we have other possible deals in the pipeline that aren't other 'Leon Bests'.

I think the complete opposite, it's just about to get interesting.

You reckon? I guess this Dassier fellah just seems to regular spout stuff on a whim, whether it has any morsel of truth in it or not. I think tomorrow more will come out definitely, and the severity of Ben Arfa's 'strike' so to speak will become clearer.

I just can't see us stumping up the cash, which imo is stupid. The fee that would need to be paid is not a lot in the current market for what is clearly a very talented player. I've got a feeling he'll go somewhere because it appears bridges are burned both with Deschamps and the Board, I just have big doubts we'll follow up our interest any more.

It's obvious Ben Arfa wants out of Marseille, he doesn't get on with Deschamps and while he's got form for acting up going on strike is a bit mental even for him. I would've thought as long as he wants to come here we'll be interested just as we were when going after Coloccini. I wouldn't want to guess our next move though, it could go either way.

There's not going to be a speedy resolution to this, it'll rumble on until the end of the transfer window but I'm not dismissing it as over yet.

Guest neesy111

I said that ashley and his cronies couldn't do a transfer like this, and weren't willing to tbh.  This transfer shows all the ambition of the club, fuck all.

The thing with our maintained complete silence regarding our transfer policy is we look really cool and professional when we pull a player out of the hat who nobody had seen coming, but when the other club constantly blabs to the press about our peculiar negotiation style, going in low and dragging things along for as long as we can until they cave, our silence just makes us look like complete and utter idiots, especially when we  fail to get the player in the end...

Guest Heneage

I said that ashley and his cronies couldn't do a transfer like this, and weren't willing to tbh.  This transfer shows all the ambition of the club, f*** all.

I thought you were leaving this thread?

It's clear from Dassiers comments last weekend, that the offer wasn't too low then, considering he said he could sign by Tuesday/Wednesday. It's pretty clear that Ben Arfa has been told that he can join us, only for Marseille to change their minds and call our offer crap (probably due to the Niang situation).

Get the feeling that Dassier is just a massive cocking knobend!

Of course he is, he is an agent.

The thing with our maintained complete silence regarding our transfer policy is we look really cool and professional when we pull a player out of the hat who nobody had seen coming, but when the other club constantly blabs to the press about our peculiar negotiation style, going in low and dragging things along for as long as we can until they cave, our silence just makes us look like complete and utter idiots, especially when we  fail to get the player in the end...

There's no perfect way to conduct yourself in the transfer market. This is preferable to Kinnear/Roeder/Redknapp/Levy school of transfers.

It's clear from Dassiers comments last weekend, that the offer wasn't too low then, considering he said he could sign by Tuesday/Wednesday. It's pretty clear that Ben Arfa has been told that he can join us, only for Marseille to change their minds and call our offer crap (probably due to the Niang situation).

Errrrr....

There's no perfect way to conduct yourself in the transfer market. This is preferable to Kinnear/Roeder/Redknapp/Levy school of transfers.

I'd much prefer the Levy school of transfers thank you very much...

Errrrr....

I've been purposefully avoiding getting to involved in this thread so thats an error obvs but he sure goes on like one.

I don't think the club could cope with the cost of the investigations into tapping up and fines.

Errrrr....

I've been purposefully avoiding getting to involved in this thread so thats an error obvs but he sure goes on like one.

No worries... Don't know why exactly, but I feel like I'm already in "last day of the transfer window" mode.. ;)

Guest neesy111

I said that ashley and his cronies couldn't do a transfer like this, and weren't willing to tbh.  This transfer shows all the ambition of the club, f*** all.

I did, i haven't commented on the transfer until now.

How the fuck have we got to 117 pages though :lol:

Sorry but we have no money to spend, and it's pretty clear now we have nothing with this shambolic of an attempt to sign a player

I don't think the club could cope with the cost of the investigations into tapping up and fines.

Seems to me the Champions League entry money will take care of that quite comfortably...

I did, i haven't commented on the transfer until now.

How the f*** have we got to 117 pages though :lol:

Sorry but we have no money to spend, and it's pretty clear now we have nothing with this shambolic of an attempt to sign a player

fucking hell man :lol:

Don't see what NUFC have done wrong over this at all.

We haven't shot our mouths off, we haven't done anything except go after a player who would be good for us. If we can't afford him that's a bad outcome... but we all know our spending power is limited.