Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we are the only ones in for him. Marseille are just dead set on not dealing with us on our terms.

Which considering what I suspect our terms are likely to be (ie shit), I can't say I massively blame them.

I think we are the only ones in for him. Marseille are just dead set on not dealing with us on our terms.

Which considering what I suspect our terms are likely to be (ie s***), I can't say I massively blame them.

Except they were apparently the same terms Marseille originally set.

He's not going back to Marseille.  He's not training with them, he's not causing any immediate problems. Marseille don't desperately need the funds for another transfer this window because their business in done apart from HBA. Our shite offer will still be on the table and Marseille will drag this out untill the last day to see if they can get a better deal elsewhere, they'll do this because they simply can.

It's a shame because I dont think he'll come here in the end, nor do I think we'll sign another creative midfielder.

Guest sicko2ndbest

ive pretty much translated it the same. Is it saying we sent a new proposal on Tuesday, or our proposal will be accepted next Tuesday should the Werder link break down?

So according to L'Equipe it's between us and Bremen still, with our bid now seemingly acceptable if the player decides against going to Germany? Promising.

If that's true I will pass out as he already fkd off going to Germany.. so we outed Taylor to be able to pay this kid

:lol:

OM are very huffy :lol:

MARSEILLE: BEN ARFA TRANSFER ENDORSED TODAY?

08.26.2010 - 09 h 35

And if it all ended today? The assumption is understandable since Werder Bremen have promised to OM to close the file in the day. But Newcastle or Liverpool, have another card to play.

The series Ben Arfa coming to an end but the home straight still offers surprises. Yesterday, the interest from Liverpool relaunched questions about the future destination of the attacker Marseille. He had even joined England to discuss terms of his contract. But now, the team revealed that Werder Bremen has not said its last word, quite the contrary.

Yesterday, leaders of theOlympique de Marseille were waiting for a fax confirmation from their German counterparts confirming the offer and therefore the transfer of Hatem Ben Arfa. But nothing happened and whether the setback upset the Olympians, the Germanic club promised to finalize the project today. The transfer of French international is imminent. Unless Newcastle or Liverpool do not come to change the situation.

If the track leading to the Reds is now announced as tepid, leading to the Magpies has warmed since the British leaders have made the day before yesterday, a new offer to the OM. Preferred Destination Ben Arfa few weeks ago, before the clash, it rose to second place, but could again take the importance if Werder waited too long to close the deal. Nothing is fixed, but the series could end today.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/om-le-transfert-de-ben-arfa-enterine-aujourd-hui_54396

Quotes from Laurent Blanc: http://www.laprovence.com/actu/region-en-direct/laurent-blanc-ben-arfa-selimine-de-lui-meme

"I told Hatem the best way is to train to make sure he's physically ready. But then he took this radical decision. I'm not crazy, this is not the best way to prepare for an international game. Everyone will see the team I select tomorrow, but he has taken himself out of contention"

Ben Arfa: Newcastle move

Florian Egly (Sport24.com)

26/08/2010 | Updated: 10:01

Then Ben Arfa is qu'Hatem Bremen last few days back Newcastle to load. The English do not despair promoted to recruit the French midfielder and has sent an offer that meets the expectations of the OM. "They propose to exercise the option to purchase if Hatem plays 25 games and pay 5% of FIFA. We will respond. Then, Hatem to agree with them. It must be done with it as quickly as possible with all this history, "reveals Jean-Claude Dassier in Provence. However, Marseille are still waiting for the president's proposal Werder Bremen qualify for the Champions League.

http://www.sport24.com/fil-info/ben-arfa-newcastle-bouge-409559/

Even if we've had an offer accepted though, we still have to agree terms with the player, and all the rumours say that's unlikely cos he wants too much

I know I know but at least its a step forward and he did seem very keen on coming here

Guest secteur2010

Even if we've had an offer accepted though, we still have to agree terms with the player, and all the rumours say that's unlikely cos he wants too much

Aye but if a NEW bid has been faxed and accepted I'm reading that as a compromise has been reached, inre Wages.

So did Bremen qualify? Not checked any results

Yes

Balls.

The only saving grace is he'd prefer a Prem league move and get 1st team football here.

No, the thing is, that Bremen don't want him.

Well they were waiting for them to confirm their offer yesterday and they did not send the conformation fax.

Yes

Balls.

The only saving grace is he'd prefer a Prem league move and get 1st team football here.

If that was the case this would have been pushed through already if the offer was accepted on tuesday.

So if Bremen are not somebody else must be

Yes

Balls.

Well they were waiting for them to confirm their offer yesterday and they did not send the conformation fax.

Oh, must have missed those news it seems.

All I new about was that their president denied every interest in a TV interview.