Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

be gentle with him with his back to him because he will want to do too much

not to prove, but to make all the support you gave

carry it to encourage him and he will be leg "French expression which means in the form" it will be unstoppable, efficient and impressive ease of play and will have beautiful eyes to him.

:lol:

google translate i presume

Guest Recoba

I  would prefer him in 10 but...

Hr seems to dig the club and could be sold on 9, to be the main man.

Pardew data hr sees him scoring up to 15 goals.

Also Ba didn't get 9 and Pardew said it remains to be seen whether the other striker we are trying to bring in will get the 9.

And Pardew said HBA was a contender for 9..

Not convincing maybe, Bur U just have a feeling.  Then maybe 10 for Marveaux.

Guest Recoba

I can see why you laugh. It dosnt really make sense.

Just think Pardew may make a leftfield choice. Especially if we don't bring in a "biggish name" striker.

I think Dave hit the nail, Ben Arfa prefers 10, Pardew has gone on record saying he is a number 10, 10 will be free..

I'm certain he will be number 10.

Yup, just waiting for confirmation so I can order the third shirt with Ben Arfa - 10!

I think Dave hit the nail, Ben Arfa prefers 10, Pardew has gone on record saying he is a number 10, 10 will be free..

I'm certain he will be number 10.

Yup, just waiting for confirmation so I can order the third shirt with Ben Arfa - 10!

Yep, me too. Although I've already ordered Ginola 14, so it'll be the away shirt that will have Ben Arfa on it. Frenchies ftw.

I still get excited just imagining him playing next season.  :bounce:

Different position i know, but i can't believe we got him for a quarter of what Jordan Henderson went for.

Guest Recoba

“The number nine shirt is equally important. I will leave the number nine as late as I can,” he told the club’s official website.

"I know just what that shirt means to this football club, but there will be a few contenders who could wear that shirt and do it justice.

"It is an important shirt and I might think of giving it to a player who doesn't get weighed down by it. I will have to assess the characters of the players to make sure that doesn't happen."

HBA wouldn't get weighed down by expectation  :fishing: :pow:

Guest Recoba

To be fair, those comments do make sense with regards to Ben Arfa.

I still think it'll be 10 for him though.

My head agrees with you but I just feel if we end up with Long or similar Pardew won't want to pile the pressure on.  There is no other possibility within the club other than Ba, who had been given 19.

He's our biggest star, and he chose us ahead of a bunch of clubs in a better position economically and sportingly. So I got no problems if he's given the option to decide himself which number he wants to wear next season. I will buy it regardless :p

He's our biggest star, and he chose us ahead of a bunch of clubs in a better position economically and sportingly. So I got no problems if he's given the option to decide himself which number he wants to wear next season. I'm going to buy it regardless :p

Don't they all choose normally anyway?

Dave: Don't know.  HBA  loves the no. 10. But he probably knows that the no 9. jersey is the most coveted, and he's our "main man."  The player's reputation must be big if he's allowed to pick the no. 9. Right now HBA is the only player with big enough balls imo. HBA as no 9 is still very, very sexy..