Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Nasri 24 years 44buts / 256 Games started = 13% and 20% through 33% decisive match

Ben Arfa 24 years 30 goals / 107 games = 28% owners and 22% through match

50% critical

Hatem was a year away

Guest hatem garrincha

CT is very consistent : he doesn't like Jonas because an attacking player should attack first and he doesn't like Ben Arfa because he doesn't defend like Jonas.

As for Ryan Taylor example, he souldn't be drop after a match against the best team in the PL, he was under big pressure, but HBA has to be drop, he has missed his chance against this same team.

Wahay, the fan boys have woken up.  :lol:

You know what mate, and instead of bitching and calling you a sack, ill be honest.

Do you not think there is a reason why everyone is jumping on you all of the time? And no, its not because everyone is a fan boy. You even have one of the Mods so frustrated that he was tempted to delete you. Do you really think that is down to him being a 'fan boy'?

If you had of given your argument in a constructive way, like - 'You know what, Best and Obertan are back, i really would like to stick with that team as it went unbeaten blah blah.... '

But instead, you come in the thread after a few days, knowing full well that there has been a lot of positivity around after his performance and say 'he had his chance and he blew it, he needs to be dropped'.  Its comments like that, that get peoples backs up. And its pretty clear you do it to get people to bite. He didnt blow his chance, he had a decent game and you know this.

Now how about trying to be constructive instead of just being a grade A tool??

Guest hatem garrincha

his most important contribution was giving away a daft penalty.

What a load of garbage. Such a mackem anti-NUFC s***

Wahay, the fan boys have woken up.  :lol:

You know what mate, and instead of bitching and calling you a sack, ill be honest.

Do you not think there is a reason why everyone is jumping on you all of the time? And no, its not because everyone is a fan boy. You even have one of the Mods so frustrated that he was tempted to delete you. Do you really think that is down to him being a 'fan boy'?

If you had of given your argument in a constructive way, like - 'You know what, Best and Obertan are back, i really would like to stick with that team as it went unbeaten blah blah.... '

But instead, you come in the thread after a few days, knowing full well that there has been a lot of positivity around after his performance and say 'he had his chance and he blew it, he needs to be dropped'.  Its comments like that, that get peoples backs up. And its pretty clear you do it to get people to bite. He didnt blow his chance, he had a decent game and you know this.

Now how about trying to be constructive instead of just being a grade A tool??

IMO, he had "a few moments", nothing more.

IMO, those moments dont warrant him retaining a place ahead of Best.

Pardew has also made it clear that HBA does not want to play on the wing.

The general problem in this thread is the "fan boy" attitude to Ben Arfa. It doesnt really matter whether it is me or any of the others who dont heap praise constantly, they are instantly attacked as Ben Arfa haters which I dont think anyone who supports Newcastle is.

And if you cant handle a bit of needle / fun with your football, then the internets not really the best place to be is it.

Banning people for having a different view ffs  :lol:

That's a valiant attempt Elliotman,but he's simply not interested in debate. He avoided the thread for days after a very good performance by HBA and now he's come back to get some more attention.

The fact that he keeps referring to fanboys and has resorted to posting pictures of monkeys illustrating the 'fanboys' tells you all you need to know. Everyone either get him on ignore or just don't respond to his shite and we can get back to some real talk.

That's a valiant attempt Elliotman,but he's simply not interested in debate. He avoided the thread for days after a very good performance by HBA and now he's come back to get some more attention.

The fact that he keeps referring to fanboys and has resorted to posting pictures of monkeys illustrating the 'fanboys' tells you all you need to know. Everyone either get him on ignore or just don't respond to his shite and we can get back to some real talk.

:lol: Well I posted in the thread 4 hours after the match finished, whilst at work???

And that was two hours after your telling contribution...."Wheres Baggio and 3 sleeps".  Says it all really.  :snod:

If Pardew wanted to play HBA on the wing, he wouldn't refuse to play there and it's wrong to suggest otherwise in my opinion. I can understand Pardew not wanting him to play him there with the current system, especially against the better teams but it's something I wouldn't mind seeing in the future with HBA having a free role from the right as Ronaldo has mentioned. It could definitely be tried out at home against the lesser teams.

Well, no, it's actually a fact. :lol:

Who would you be supporting right now if Hatem had signed for the mackems, eh? Such a whore.

If Pardew wanted to play HBA on the wing, he wouldn't refuse to play there and it's wrong to suggest otherwise in my opinion. I can understand Pardew not wanting him to play him there with the current system, especially against the better teams but it's something I wouldn't mind seeing in the future with HBA having a free role from the right as Ronaldo has mentioned. It could definitely be tried out at home against the lesser teams.

The thing is, I see no real defensive benefit in Obertan being played at RW instead of Hatem.

The thing is, I see no real defensive benefit in Obertan being played at RW instead of Hatem.

I can see where you're coming from but reckon Pardew sees it differently and I'm kind of torn in the middle to be honest. Although Obertan's defensive work isn't comparable to Jonas', he does tend to get himself back into deep positions to offer Simpson support whereas I'm not sure if HBA would drop himself that deep regularly. I also think asking him to get into those positions would possibly nullify some of his attacking threat. The one thing that's probably stopping me from wanting to see Best and Ba up top with HBA on the wing at the moment is Simpson as he does need the help. If Santon was at RB I'd be a lot more comfortable with HBA on the wing.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Suggesting HBA doesnt want to play out wide is just more negative wind up bollocks based on Pardew saying he wont play him there, and nothing more.

Yep - he's utterly class on the wing. If Pardew wanted him behind the striker fair play but that's in an ideal situation - for Pardew - a player who can get past people and create chances like Hatem is naturally good on the wing.

For Lyon & Marseilles he could play on either wing & often with great success. It's too small minded to say he can only play in the 10 role when two of our right midfielders are out and he earns enough money to at least be versatile.

Ive a hard time believing he'd not have started sooner over Obertan if there wasnt something in that really. Pardews said himself he doesnt think Hatem enjoys playing there & doesnt have the relish for it. He's not pulling those ideas out of nowhere, he'll have talked to the lad. Shoving him on the wing again after 1 start wont be great for relations.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Imo, his talent is best suited to the wide role in a 4-3-3 for our side. Like Mata at Chelsea, he can drift insdie at will, but his starting position should be out wide.

Aye I think some people are getting confused between a winger and a mid.

I don't think we can read much into how often HBA has started games at this point, he was returning from a major injury at a time that the team was achieving a lot of success. I wasn't a simple case of comparing his ability to Obertan's.

exactly. i can tell you i saw his face when Sammy was brought on on the wing against Everton and he looked very disappointed, all we have to go on is Pardew's said he doesn't see him as a winger, to suggest that means HBA has outright said 'I'm not playing there' is just looking for problems.

Guest hatem garrincha

a player who's played his best football out wide

Wrong. He's played his best football behind Benzema at Lyon, but you wasn't born yet.

Guest hatem garrincha

Well, no, it's actually a fact. :lol:

Who would you be supporting right now if Hatem had signed for the mackems, eh? Such a whore.

The penalty is a fact yes but it's "his most important contribution" for RDT posters.

Hatem hadn't signed for the mackems, so you question is pointless as usual and he didn't choose Newcastle by accident.

The subject here isn't my person neither, but the load of s*** you're capable of when talking about this player.

his most important contribution was giving away a daft penalty. There simply has to legitemate proof that Ben Arfa can contribute hugely to our cause before we undermine both Best and Ba to accomodate him as a forward. Still see no reason why he can't play as a false winger.

It's harsh to say that was his most important contribution, he made a great chance for Ba and an even better one for himself and was within a whisker of scoring. I'd say his performance against City is proof that he can do it against anyone and will get better with more games.