Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Isn't it accepted that Ben Arfa doesn't want to go to Germany? Marseille can't force him to go to Werder Bremen, they could be be stuck with an unhappy player until January. If he only wants to come here, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll end up here one way or another.

Guest neesy111

Have to say, Ashley is a fucking idiot when it comes to transfer negoiations, and it will bite him back if he doesn't get his act together, with relegation and he'll deserve to lose even more money

Have to say, Ashley is a fucking idiot when it comes to transfer negoiations, and it will bite him back if he doesn't get his act together, with relegation and he'll deserve to lose even more money

Can't really blame the club for OM suddenly deciding they want to keep him.

I reckon we all need to calm down. There's a lot of 2+2=5 going on. All we know is he wants away from Marseille and seems to only have eyes for the Premier League. He doesn't seem like the type to meekly return to France and toe the party line so who knows what might happen. I'm still relatively confident that a deal will be done but I'm much more concerned that it wont be done in time for Man United.

It might happen, it might not. C'est la vie.

Guest neesy111

Have to say, Ashley is a f***ing idiot when it comes to transfer negoiations, and it will bite him back if he doesn't get his act together, with relegation and he'll deserve to lose even more money

I reckon we all need to calm down. There's a lot of 2+2=5 going on. All we know is he wants away from Marseille and seems to only have eyes for the Premier League. He doesn't seem like the type to meekly return to France and toe the party line so who knows what might happen. I'm still relatively confident that a deal will be done but I'm much more concerned that it wont be done in time for Man United.

Exactly. How does the Marseille president saying: "Newcastle are interested but as of today (yesterday), no financial deal has been agreed. We will continue to work with the people of Newcastle and Hatem"

=

:omg:

:)

because, if we had agreed something last week, he could of been our player over the weekend, and because we've allowed negoitations to go for this long, things have changed

Have to say, Ashley is a f***ing idiot when it comes to transfer negoiations, and it will bite him back if he doesn't get his act together, with relegation and he'll deserve to lose even more money

Exactly. How does the Marseille president saying: "Newcastle are interested but as of today (yesterday), no financial deal has been agreed. We will continue to work with the people of Newcastle and Hatem"

=

There's also an assumption that Weder Bremen will go after (and get) HBA now Ozil has buggered off. I doubt he's the only player on there list and even if he is their preferred option he doesn't seem to want to go to Germany.

OM are playing funny buggers, which isn't surprising. He's a decent player who could generate a bit of cash if he was sold properly but he clearly doesn't want to be there. Push comes to shove and a more desirable offer hasn't arrived that he'll accept then I think they'll be forced to allow him to come to us.

That's all just IMO. I could be very wrong but on the balance of the firm information we have that's how I see it.

=

because, if we had agreed something last week, he could of been our player over the weekend, and because we've allowed negoitations to go for this long, things have changed

It's unrealistic to expect any transfer to go that smoothly.

Guest neesy111

=

if a club wants a player, they can get it done within a day (i.e. transfer deadline day)

=

if a club wants a player, they can get it done within a day (i.e. transfer deadline day)

Totally different situation really. We've got the best part of a month to do a deal.

Guest neesy111

=

Totally different situation really. We've got the best part of a month to do a deal.

not in our situation when we need decent players asap

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Really tiresome blaming the fat git at every slight chance you get. Unless he phoned you up and cackled like Jabba the Hutt down the phone and told you he did something to mess it up. The cautious approach is a bit more refreshing to the gunslinging money burning approach Freddy Shepard had. BFA? SURE THING, MAN, HERE HAVE £15m GEORDIE DOLLARS! How, lass, on the phone in form the Geordie Nation over the Tanoy we've signed the next best thing since Kluivert - they'll fucking love this.

=

not in our situation when we need decent players asap

Is that the way you want the club to enter transfer talks? The selling club will see we're desperate and go +£3m thank you! We're taking a quiet approach for once, and making sure we're getting the best player for the right price.

Guest neesy111

The chances of Mike Ashley being involved in negotiations are slim anyway I'd have thought.

he won't be, but it'll be him that has sanctioned the transfer to go through, and set the limit for what we can pay