La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thing about Pedro (and lots of our other players) is that they have been playing at this since they were teens in our youth setup. They may not be the best technically or physically in their position (Pedro is a fine player though), but you can take any of our youngsters and put him on the first squad, and they already know what they have to do.

Guest neesy111

Rather have Pedro in that side.

Agreed. Pedro is a quality player and works increadibly hard for the team, not to say that Rooney wouldn't, but I'd rather have Pedro in the Barca first XI.

I'm a big pedro fan, just I feel Rooney could offer a better physical prescene which Barca have missed at times for me, especially in Europe.

Apparently Racing Santander is on the verge of being sold to "an Indian billionaire based in Bahrain with great investments in a worldwide sportwear brand", according to their president. They are hopelessly broke so they do really need a bailout. Maybe they'll buy Xisco off you then :aww:

Guest neesy111

Apparently Racing Santander is on the verge of being sold to "an Indian billionaire based in Bahrain with great investments in a worldwide sportwear brand", according to their president. They are hopelessly broke so they do really need a bailout. Maybe they'll buy Xisco off you then :aww:

I see a number of Spanish clubs starting to get took over now by foreign based owners, what impact will it have do you feel VI?

Remains to be seen. The Málaga sheik has splashed the cash but rather modestly. They have signed a lot of players but for very low fees, loans or frees. Their wage bill must be inflating though. He says he wants them in the CL in a few years but doesn't seem to be going crazy.

I suppose the fair play rules will come into effect too early for any owner to really prop up a team to top 6 status. We also have lots of restrictions in place for foreign ownership so our clubs aren't juicy targets, and three of the most reputable (Barça, Madrid, Bilbao) can't even be bought. There was a Singapore-based mystery group sniffing around Valencia, but that didn't come to pass. Valencia and Atlético carry a ginormous debt so not sure they would be good investments despite their name and big fanbases.

They won the CL in 2009 and were robbed of a place in the final in 2010.

I didn't know getting blown out 3-1, then failing to score more then 1 goal at home against 10 men is now classified as "being robbed"

And besides, they only got in the final in 2009 because Chelsea were robbed anyway.

I didn't know getting blown out 3-1, then failing to score more then 1 goal at home against 10 men is now classified as "being robbed"

And besides, they only got in the final in 2009 because Chelsea were robbed anyway.

Getting denied 2 clear pens in the first leg late on, then having a goal disallowed wrongly late on in the 2nd leg which would have sent them through.

Robbed.

Getting denied 2 clear pens in the first leg late on, then having a goal disallowed wrongly late on in the 2nd leg which would have sent them through.

Robbed.

Would you say it was a "fucking disgrace"?

Blown out?

Milito's goal was well offside. And Barca were wrongly flagged for offside 5 minutes beforehand when through on goal (Ibra?).

"As" reporting that Mou has told close associates that he's meditating leaving Madrid in June, tired of the infighting inside the club and being overruled in several areas.

Actually I think - if this were true which is a big if - he's just making an ultimatum to bring the board in line with him given the public bad blood between him and some board members.

Madrid politics :smitten:

Guest neesy111

"As" reporting that Mou has told close associates that he's meditating leaving Madrid in June, tired of the infighting inside the club and being overruled in several areas.

Actually I think - if this were true which is a big if - he's just making an ultimatum to bring the board in line with him given the public bad blood between him and some board members.

Madrid politics :smitten:

If Mourinho can't work at Madrid, then who can tbh.  How they run that football is clueless.

As much a c*** as Mou is, having one member of the board criticizing your team selection on the media right after a game is a big no-no.  Come on, imagine Llambias coming on and saying to the BBC that Pardew shouldn't have brought on Tiote after the Stevenage game. That place is a circus.

Guest kingdawson

Xavi is unlikely to start. If he does he'll be rested in the weekend, he can't play 3 games a week regularly.

How has Maschereno performed btw?

Xavi is unlikely to start. If he does he'll be rested in the weekend, he can't play 3 games a week regularly.

How has Maschereno performed btw?

Not bad, but hasn't been trusted into a game of any importance to be frank. He's just a rotation player for us. Master of the cheeky foul though.