Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Guest firetotheworks

i study in birmingham and have sat in the holte end a couple of times for villa games. the fans are absolutely unbelievable! the amount of abuse they gave their team when they drew 1-1 against sunderland was in my opinion, embaressing. not tarring all their fans with the same brush because that would be unfair but the overwhelming effect from the holte end was to boo, shout and generally get on the back of  their manager and team. the abuse heskey got just for being subbed on was unbelievable

Not surprised, I've always said they never deserved a manager as good as O'Neill. Southgate is more fitting form them or even Souness.

Still doing your predictable, smalltime routine, I see.

I'd point out where you're making yourself look a bit daft, but you're doing such a great job yourself, it seems a shame to tread on your toes.

The whole Villa hate-in by some on here, because of some 7 fans or something is embarrassing to the enth degree. If you had any brains you'd see the hypocrisy and irony in it.

Brummie will tell you, I've disliked Villa for a number of years. But lets not criticise such a lovely club shall we ?

That's even more embarrassing. You want to get yourself one of those life thingys.

i study in birmingham and have sat in the holte end a couple of times for villa games. the fans are absolutely unbelievable! the amount of abuse they gave their team when they drew 1-1 against sunderland was in my opinion, embaressing. not tarring all their fans with the same brush because that would be unfair but the overwhelming effect from the holte end was to boo, shout and generally get on the back of  their manager and team. the abuse heskey got just for being subbed on was unbelievable

Not surprised, I've always said they never deserved a manager as good as O'Neill. Southgate is more fitting form them or even Souness.

I'd point out where you're making yourself look a bit daft, but you're doing such a great job yourself, it seems a shame to tread on your toes.

The whole Villa hate-in by some on here, because of some 7 fans or something is embarrassing to the enth degree. If you had any brains you'd see the hypocrisy and irony in it.

Brummie will tell you, I've disliked Villa for a number of years. But lets not criticise such a lovely club shall we ?

That's even more embarrassing. You want to get yourself one of those life thingys.

Do you want a leg-up onto your high horse?

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, I'm clearly already on it. :)

Oooh yeah very embarrassing to dislike another team, yeah I obviously have zero life

:)

Guest firetotheworks

Disliking another team is fine. Being a total twat to one of their fans on here because of it, is.  :thup:

Disliking another team is fine. Being a total t*** to one of their fans on here because of it, is.  :thup:

Good, I'm glad you approve, but tbh I wasn't being a twat to him this time, in fact he was being a twat to me, I didn't even respond too harshly, but whatever.

Which is pretty much where Brummie's dislike for me all started, I crticised his club on a NUFC forum, he attacked me, I responded. To be perfectly honest, I don't really dislike the guy much, he's OK, conducts himself very well for a guest from another club but he's very jumpity with me, there's a lot worse written in this thread about his club and fans, but he ignored all that and attacked me because of our history, it's ok though, water of a ducks back.

LOL, still jumpity when someone on a Newcastle forum criticises Aston Villa I see, perhaps we should introduce a new rule that stops that thing from happening. If you look I was just responding to someone elses criticism of your crap fans, and I don't think you'll find too many people with a lot of time for your club on here after the way your supporters went on the last time we played them.

*munches popcorn, slurps flat Sprite*

Will O'Neill want to work under Ashley = No

Will Ashley want to pay O'Neills Wages = No

End of Story

O'Neill will only go somewhere where he's the biggest name at the club, and runs it from top to bottom.

If you want a reason for him leaving now, that's it - first time he doesn't get to call the shots, he's off. Five days before the start of the season, too.

I'm actually heartened he's gone, though. Had he got 20m from the sale of Milner, we'd have had 10 on yet another winger, McGeady, and another ten on a shit midfielder (Jenas) to replace another shit midfielder (Sidwell).

sounds exactly like keegan

I don't think there is anything wrong with managers wanting total control, that's their shout, but I think they have to realise that, if they get that control, and should things go wrong, all the finger pointing is generally done in the one direction.

With more control comes greater scrutiny and greater responsibilities.

Disliking another team is fine. Being a total t*** to one of their fans on here because of it, is.  :thup:

Good, I'm glad you approve, but tbh I wasn't being a twat to him this time, in fact he was being a twat to me, I didn't even respond too harshly, but whatever.

Which is pretty much where Brummie's dislike for me all started, I crticised his club on a NUFC forum, he attacked me, I responded. To be perfectly honest, I don't really dislike the guy much, he's OK, conducts himself very well for a guest from another club but he's very jumpity with me, there's a lot worse written in this thread about his club and fans, but he ignored all that and attacked me because of our history, it's ok though, water of a ducks back.

I don't have a problem with you personally at all. I don't dislike you at all. I'm here discussing MON as a sensible rational human being, and engaging in conversation with a lot of people I've talked with about football for, what, four years now, and who almost to a man have proven to be amongst the most sensible, head-screwed-on people I've encountered on the internet. In fact, in all that time, I can only think of one other poster who has gone off on the same slant you do with me.

That's the thing, see, I see other people on here making the same points, yes, but I see you doing it continually, and seemingly more so while I'm around.

It'd be dead easy for me to go and take a stereotype about Newcastle supporters from one of the many places on the internet they're pedalled and start believing it, but I don't, because I know - partly but not entirely from my experience here - that they're not all like that.

I remember going to SJP to watch us play you in 1986, and one the way out, a Newcastle fan put a brick in my mate's sister's face from about two paces. I remember going to places like West Ham and getting treated abysmally. I remember getting a severe kicking at White Hart Lane in the 1980s, too. It would be dead easy for me to judge all the fans of those clubs by the actions of a few, but I can clearly see that's really a bit daft. I suspect that's not the approach you would take over, for example, the banners, deciding that, actually I'm a twat as well. I've been here for yonks and don't think I've acted that way, but that's the way I get tarred by your logic.

I just think it's a bit sad when people from different loyalties can't discuss football sensibly like grown up human beings without regurgitating tired old cliches or petty minded bigotries. That's exactly the sort of approach that made it so easy for football supporters to get treated like shit for decades.

If that's the way you want to be, then I don't have a problem with it, which is why, bar saying I think you're daft and maybe making the odd comment along the lines of it being water off a duck's back, I don't really want to go into it.

Curtis Davies came across as a bit of a c*** in his interview. Smug and pleased.

Did Davies play much under O'Neill ? I don't know never really followed the PL last year ? If not I would imagine he was pleased, but it doesn't seem like O'Neill was universally popular amongst the players, perhaps that the route of the issue.

Curtis Davies came across as a bit of a c*** in his interview. Smug and pleased.

Did Davies play much under O'Neill ? I don't know never really followed the PL last year ? If not I would imagine he was pleased, but it doesn't seem like O'Neill was universally popular amongst the players, perhaps that the route of the issue.

No and SSN reporter was trying to get him to slag o'neill off.

Curtis Davies came across as a bit of a cunt in his interview. Smug and pleased.

MON apparently hasn't said a word to a number of the fringe players for yonks. He's one of them.

I can't understand the likes of MON and Rafa shooting themselves in the foot treating players like outcasts, especially ones they signed.

Makes me glad the way Hughton conducts himself on this matter.

Curtis Davies came across as a bit of a cunt in his interview. Smug and pleased.

MON apparently hasn't said a word to a number of the fringe players for yonks. He's one of them.

I can't understand the likes of MON and Rafa shooting themselves in the foot treating players like outcasts, especially ones they signed.

That's the thing.

Curtis Davies 9.5m, NRC 8.5m, Shorey 5m, Luke Young 4m.

All ceased to exist, all signed by the manager, then he says "give me some more money, or I'm off".

It doesn't add up, really.

That's the thing.

Curtis Davies 9.5m, NRC 8.5m, Shorey 5m, Luke Young 4m.

All ceased to exist, all signed by the manager, then he says "give me some more money, or I'm off".

It doesn't add up, really.

I've just seen Bellamy on the tele saying he hasn't spoken directly to his manager since February, but that's the case with a lot of players at citeh. WTF?  :kasper:

Good, I'm glad you approve, but tbh I wasn't being a t*** to him this time, in fact he was being a t*** to me, I didn't even respond too harshly, but whatever.

I don't have a problem with you personally at all. I don't dislike you at all. I'm here discussing MON as a sensible rational human being, and engaging in conversation with a lot of people I've talked with about football for, what, four years now, and who almost to a man have proven to be amongst the most sensible, head-screwed-on people I've encountered on the internet. In fact, in all that time, I can only think of one other poster who has gone off on the same slant you do with me.

That's the thing, see, I see other people on here making the same points, yes, but I see you doing it continually, and seemingly more so while I'm around.

It'd be dead easy for me to go and take a stereotype about Newcastle supporters from one of the many places on the internet they're pedalled and start believing it, but I don't, because I know - partly but not entirely from my experience here - that they're not all like that.

I remember going to SJP to watch us play you in 1986, and one the way out, a Newcastle fan put a brick in my mate's sister's face from about two paces. I remember going to places like West Ham and getting treated abysmally. I remember getting a severe kicking at White Hart Lane in the 1980s, too. It would be dead easy for me to judge all the fans of those clubs by the actions of a few, but I can clearly see that's really a bit daft. I suspect that's not the approach you would take over, for example, the banners, deciding that, actually I'm a t*** as well. I've been here for yonks and don't think I've acted that way, but that's the way I get tarred by your logic.

I just think it's a bit sad when people from different loyalties can't discuss football sensibly like grown up human beings without regurgitating tired old cliches or petty minded bigotries. That's exactly the sort of approach that made it so easy for football supporters to get treated like s*** for decades.

If that's the way you want to be, then I don't have a problem with it, which is why, bar saying I think you're daft and maybe making the odd comment along the lines of it being water off a duck's back, I don't really want to go into it.

So why attack me, when there were plenty of other candidates in this very thread for that ?

Trust me, I know there's a fair few arses that follow the Toon, after witnessed them for myself many times at matches, just like there are for every club in the country Villa included.

I've never hidden my dislike for your club, I dislike many other clubs too, ManUre and the Mackems being top of that list. I'll not stop that dislike, but I don't personally attack you unless you attack me first. Like a lot of people I appreciate, 1878, Neil, KingDawson, Fabergash and yourself's input to the forum, you all conduct yourselves appropriately and give value insight into what's going on at other team. But remember you are on another club's forum, so you will likely read some things about your club that you dislike.

Edit: Oh and if I were you I wouldn't worry about it, I've pissed off plenty of NUFC fans too with the crap I spout, not on Ronaldo's level but not insignificant :)

Daily Mail tallied it up as something like £128m net spent over the course of his Villa stint

He was asked to do something about the wages bill, and refused to. That's what has happened.

If he is going to refuse to do that, then he needs to be on solid ground in saying that it doesn't need to be tackled.

Beye 40k

Shorey 35k

Sidwell 40k

NRC 50k

Davies 35k

L. Young 40k

That's 240k *a week* sat doing absolutely nothing.

Daily Mail tallied it up as something like £128m net spent over the course of his Villa stint

He was asked to do something about the wages bill, and refused to. That's what has happened.

If he is going to refuse to do that, then he needs to be on solid ground in saying that it doesn't need to be tackled.

Beye 40k

Shorey 35k

Sidwell 40k

NRC 50k

Davies 35k

L. Young 40k

That's nowt, we nearly had that tied in to Owen and Viduka which literally did fuk all for 2 seasons.  :weep:

Beye 40k

Shorey 35k

Sidwell 40k

NRC 50k

Davies 35k

L. Young 40k

That's shocking, but it's the Owner/CEO or whoever that negoiated those salaries in the first place surely, balming everything on the manager is just not right IYAM.

Oh and however bad that looks, it's chicken feed compared to where we were two years ago.

Daily Mail tallied it up as something like £128m net spent over the course of his Villa stint.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

30 players in, Total £120.8million

29 players out, Total £38.95million

NET SPEND: £81.85million

:)

To only finish 6th with that amount seems quite poor IMO now. Especially, for the marvellous manager he is supposed to be. Like i said recently i was talking to an ex pro who played for him at Leicester and he said it as like a dark cloud descending over training when ever he turned up and he just used to mess up all the coaching sessions, and was just an arrogant arse.