RE: YouTube Clips, Internet Streams, Copyrighted Football-Related Media

Andy

Next time you decide to post in huge bold type make note of the parts of your post I actually comment on. Here's a clue: It wasn't that bit. :p

Anyway, glad to have you on our side. ;)

No bother. Maybe as an admin you should know by now to quote (or bold) only the part you're commenting on to save confusion  :razz:

I'm just playing but it did seem you decided to lecture me on reality and the existence of the site even though my post was clearly a user supporting the thread  O0

Sorry I'm not part of the NO clique  :iamatwat: <- btw; best name for a smilie yet! lol

Neither am I. :)

Point of order, it's not the FA/PL Lawyers that need to be reeducated, it's the spineless ISPs intimidated by some letterhead and legal sounding language who need to start telling them to fuck off. 

Just a handy tip in case any of you were actually planning on attempting to change things.  Which you're not.  (I'm not either.)

;D

Okay, whatever you reckon.

FFS I was laughing at your comment/wit. I wasn't laughing it off as bull  :rolleyes:

For some reason you're clearly trying to argue with me even though I'm clearly not.

I'll move on.

How was I supposed to know that!?! :D

I'm not trying to argue with you at all and I'll take your word for it that you weren't with me, either way, I'm also stopping now.

;D

Okay, whatever you reckon.

FFS I was laughing at your comment/wit. I wasn't laughing it off as bull  :rolleyes:

For some reason you're clearly trying to argue with me even though I'm clearly not.

I'll move on.

How was I supposed to know that!?! :D

I'm not trying to argue with you at all and I'll take your word for it that you weren't with me, either way, I'm also stopping now.

damn, just when it was getting less interesting.

The fixture list is a whole different animal to youtube clips, though, because posting fixtures is violating copyright and stuff because this forum doesn't have the license for it.

However, posting videos that this site does not host nor makes the claim that it owns shouldn't be prohibited. I realise nothing's going to change but the point should still be made that there's no reason that posting clips should be illegal unless the copyright owners insist that it does, and if they do, they'll be taking that up with youtube and not N-O.

Are you really expecting us to turn around and go 'I never saw it that way. Football clips are allowed! Yey!' :lol:

Yes, we're probably being over cautious but it's better than being under cautious and ending up without a forum at all. Like mentioned earlier, just a letter threatening legal action is enough for the server to cut us completely and then we're back to square one.

So just pipe down and accept it, or we'll all have to go to some other s*** forum.

• 3 weeks later...