Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest optimistic nit

plus - new signings, new team direction, new way of playing? he's gonna be instrumental, we need him there from the start.

bollocks to where the mackems finish man, us being a better team next season is way more important

Is there really no-one who'd like to see him out there tomorrow giving us a shout at 8th in the league? I know it's still not mega but come on, it'd be the second best season we've had since Sir Bobby. That'd be a massive feather in the cap for Pardew and the board I'd have thought.

Is there really no-one who'd like to see him out there tomorrow giving us a shout at 8th in the league? I know it's still not mega but come on, it'd be the second best season we've had since Sir Bobby. That'd be a massive feather in the cap for Pardew and the board I'd have thought.

I don't think it'd make a difference tomorrow, sadly. I know we won there in the carling cup but it's hardly the same, we could have our full strength team out tomorrow and still get dicked. Re-assess it against WBA, but he's so important he could easily be the difference between a good start and a bad start next season.

pleased man utd won the title today. i wouldn't have felt comfortable going into tomorrow resting players. boro were bastards for doing it to us so i'd be a hypocrite for being happy with us doing it in similar circumstances.

IMHO It's a disgrace if he doesn't play tomorrow.

We've got 2 games left that i'd like to see us try and win not just see out the season because we're now safe.

FFS he might get sold in the summer or suffer a serious injury and miss the start of next season anyway.

Worry about next season in August, lets concentrate on the current season now and play our strongest available team.

We've got 2 games left that i'd like to see us try and win not just see out the season because we're now safe.

FFS he might get sold in the summer or suffer a serious injury and miss the start of next season anyway.

Worry about next season in August, lets concentrate on the current season now and play our strongest available team.

lets have more now, so we might have less later?

The aim next season is top 8 I'd imagine, we could have done this a year early if we'd played him.

The aim next season is top 8 I'd imagine, we could have done this a year early if we'd played him.

this seasons aim was to merely stop up and we could get 8th so next season if the aim is for 8th we could end up in the champs league places.

No, lets play our best players in every game where they are fit and not suspended and try and win football matches and not short change people who have paid £50 for a match ticket and a lot more on travel to go and watch.

No, lets play our best players in every game where they are fit and not suspended and try and win football matches and not short change people who have paid £50 for a match ticket and a lot more on travel to go and watch.

on a pure financial footing you'd be better off dropping him than have him miss the two games next season as then theres likely to be an extra 40 odd thousand people who've paid.

People arguing for his inclusion out of some misguided notion of pride or ambition need to look further than two games ahead. 

And for the record we're not guaranteed 8th if we win the last two (which we fucking likely wouldn't anyway, Tiote or not), but 10th, with 9th or 8th if results did go our way. 

The club showed they weren't arsed about anything other than survival in January. Can't see what would have changed.

And people saying don't play him need to look further than the first 2 or 3 games of next season, we have 35-36 more and with what should be a much stronger squad.

As ujpest mentions as well, there's no guarantee he's going to get booked anyway.

And people saying don't play him need to look further than the first 2 or 3 games of next season, we have 35-36 more and with what should be a much stronger squad.

As ujpest mentions as well, there's no guarantee he's going to get booked anyway.

Good luck with that. ;)

The club showed they weren't arsed about anything other than survival in January. Can't see what would have changed.

Argued this one to death but I think any club in the league bar maybe Man City would have taken that fee.

He's appeared in 26 matches in the Premiership this season and has been booked 14 times. He's appeared once in the FA Cup and was sent off in that match. From a disciplinary standpoint, he is one of the worst players in the league (statistically). I would say he is more likely to be booked in these last two matches than anyone else on our team or the league as a whole. It is a stupid risk when taking this into account.

So if he's that prone to a booking, he'll probably get to 5 yellows, then 10, etc. pretty quickly and be suspended next season anyway so why not play him when he is available.

Games at the start of next season aren't meaningless.

So if he's that prone to a booking, he'll probably get to 5 yellows, then 10, etc. pretty quickly and be suspended next season anyway so why not play him when he is available.

because he'll miss two more games next season than need be.

Exactly.

He was very very unlucky to get booked last week for an innoccuous foul in injury time.

Games at the start of next season aren't meaningless.

He may not even be here next season though.

We are not in a position of being able to leave out our best players, we have no one to come in and replace them.