Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest neesy111

How many defensive midfielders does a club need!  Negative signing as it shows were more concerned about not conceding than actually scoring enough goals to keep us up

One would be nice.

bearing in mind we have shola,McLoven,ranger,carroll,best i'm guessing neesy see's no need for us to buy a forward.

no i don't, but what i'm trying to say is a good DM more of a priority than getting a good forward, if it is then i do fear for us this season

i very much doubt they have a list of priorities and only work on them in order one at a time.

that is what i'm fearing at

My other concerns with the number of CM's we have at the club if the signing comes (costing vast amounts in wages as well) is that hughton is likely to go down the 451 route quite often

possibly in away games but like last season he dropped smith and butt, he'll play two wide men home and away.

Guest neesy111

On paper, a dedicated defensive midfielder with good fitness and work rate should improve Nolan/Barton/Guthrie's game, allowing them more creative freedom and that..

I just wonder who is on their way out.. Hopefully Smith

i don't believe hughton will sell anyone of his favourite central midfielders

How many defensive midfielders does a club need!  Negative signing as it shows were more concerned about not conceding than actually scoring enough goals to keep us up

One would be nice.

bearing in mind we have shola,McLoven,ranger,carroll,best i'm guessing neesy see's no need for us to buy a forward.

no i don't, but what i'm trying to say is a good DM more of a priority than getting a good forward, if it is then i do fear for us this season

i very much doubt they have a list of priorities and only work on them in order one at a time.

that is what i'm fearing at

so until yesterday the only position you thought we were working on was wide left/attacking midfield (ie ben arfa) ?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't really want to bite, but you're talking nonsense, again!

We don't have a player capable of playing that role as things stand.

I'd imagine though that you'd find a way to find a negative in any signing we make.

And you talking nonsense aain ino

We have no defensive midfielders,

Guest neesy111

My other concerns with the number of CM's we have at the club if the signing comes (costing vast amounts in wages as well) is that hughton is likely to go down the 451 route quite often

possibly in away games but like last season he dropped smith and butt, he'll play two wide men home and away.

but it's the signal it sends out though, if we play 451 with our current team we will be lucky to get more than 2 away wins all season, and look when we went 442 on monday, we actually did better imo

On paper, a dedicated defensive midfielder with good fitness and work rate should improve Nolan/Barton/Guthrie's game, allowing them more creative freedom and that..

more so down to being unable to than want. their wages make them very prohibitive. if tiote is confirmed do you think he'll play smith,guthrie or nolan before him ?

Go on, who are his favourite central midfielders? :lol:

Guest neesy111

I'd imagine though that you'd find a way to find a negative in any signing we make.

we have no creative midfielders as well

routledge,jonas hopefully ben arfa.

Guest neesy111

Gosling, Barton, Smith, Guthrie, Nolan, and this signing

that to me is at least 1 more we need in this position

Oh, we do. The only problem with our particular creative midfielders is that their legs are gone. Both Guthrie and Barton's got a decent pass and a good eye for working out chances.

Guest neesy111

we're talking CM's though, we actually seem very light on wingers when you think about it

Gosling, Barton, Smith, Guthrie, Nolan, and this signing

that to me is at least 1 more we need in this position

its not numbers man, its quality. we'll more than likely go down with smith,guthrie,nolan.....but id think tiote,gosling,give us a better chance.

if someone gives smith enough wages we wuill be trying to crow bar him out the door.

we're talking CM's though, we actually seem very light on wingers when you think about it

but we have wingers, we don't have decent central midfielders.

Guest neesy111

guys so what happens if routledge and jonas both get injured, do we prey that we can play 4 central midfielders across the midfield?