Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest kesse

Whats happening is Ashley is getting rid of players on high wages or players where we can cash in big like Carroll - giving longterm contracts to young plays with a rising market price - buying foreginers on the cheap with lower wages - offering one price season cards for many years etc.

All of which are stabilizing the club and securing a stabel cashflow, making it ready to be sold within a couple of years for a higher price then last time he wanted to get out.

Another point someone raised the other day that I thought was interesting was about how fewer cards Tiote would receive if he wasn't doing the work of two men while Nolan lumbered around the pitch.

Another point someone raised the other day that I thought was interesting was about how fewer cards Tiote would receive if he wasn't doing the work of two men while Nolan lumbered around the pitch.

I've heard it all now.

WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE:

The club has a plan.  Older, less mobile players are being shipped off and younger, mobile players are lined up to come in and replace them.  The club has a long term strategy to pursue young players to play with a highly flexible, attacking mindset.

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING:

Fat Bastard woke up one morning and decided he wants to force the high wage earners with limited resale value off the club, reasoning that said veteran players also have too much say in the dressing room.  As a side note, he's decided that if Pardew doesn't like it he can fuck off and he'll bring in another puppet.

I've heard it all now.

Well - it makes sense.

I've heard it all now.

Well - it makes sense.

Some people said we'll play a more free fluid style of football when Shearer retires!

Seems to be a hugely negative reaction to this news. I don't get it.

Team spirit can be built in many ways, not solely due to one player, the dressing room will recover from this sale and move on.

Also, on the pitch, Kevin Nolan plays a full 90 minutes and doesn't score. 9 times out of 10 we don't realise he was ever on the pitch.

Plus, where was the Premier League interest in him? The only club and manager combo daft enough to offer him the contract he wants? Fat Sam and West Ham. You couldn't make it up.

I hate to say I have faith in this board but I think they've done the right thingin this instance. I just hope we move on from this with signings that prove they made the right decision.

Guest The_Optimistic

I've got Nolan on the back of my new shirt.

take it back!

I knew I should of gone with fecking Ameobi...

I never thought I'd be emotional, let alone care, about the possibility of Nolan leaving. But I have to say I'm actually pretty p1ssed off, and I'll miss the big man more than I ever cared to admit to myself.

Ashley is stripping the core of the team which was the nucleus of our team spirit. With the possibility of Joey, Jose & Jonas following him out, it only highlights what the Fat One has always said, "I never said I knew anything about football."

No, Ashley, you don't. So maybe next time don't buy a football club.

Anyways, I'm tried of writing the following sentence, as it's never come to fruition, but here goes: "I hope Ashley and co. have a plan to replace these senior players."

WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE:

The club has a plan.  Older, less mobile players are being shipped off and younger, mobile players are lined up to come in and replace them.  The club has a long term strategy to pursue young players to play with a highly flexible, attacking mindset.

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING:

Fat b****** woke up one morning and decided he wants to force the high wage earners with limited resale value off the club, reasoning that said veteran players also have too much say in the dressing room.  As a side note, he's decided that if Pardew doesn't like it he can f*** off and he'll bring in another puppet.

It's both.

I've got Nolan on the back of my new shirt.

take it back!

I knew I should of gone with fecking Ameobi...

Only to find out that in a month's time rather than AMEOBI 23, it's AMEOBI 9. :frantic:

In this whole furore again, one thing being ignored...he's left the Premier League for West Ham?!

Where were all these Premier League clubs who could offer him a 5-year deal and get these guaranteed 10 goals he was going to score next season as well as unite a dressing room?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Seems to be a hugely negative reaction to this news. I don't get it.

Team spirit can be built in many ways, not solely due to one player, the dressing room will recover from this sale and move on.

Also, on the pitch, Kevin Nolan plays a full 90 minutes and doesn't score. 9 times out of 10 we don't realise he was ever on the pitch.

Plus, where was the Premier League interest in him? The only club and manager combo daft enough to offer him the contract he wants? Fat Sam and West Ham. You couldn't make it up.

I hate to say I have faith in this board but I think they've done the right thingin this instance. I just hope we move on from this with signings that prove they made the right decision.

Not just one player they're selling though because the likes of barton and enrique are next  to leave the circus run by the biggest and dafest clown of all time, mike ashley. And who are we bringing in? Neil f**king Taylor and some lille player with f*ck all premier league experience.

Tiote quite clearly does Nolan's leg work for him in midfield, I'm surprised anyone would dispute that.

Nolan got the 5th highest card count in the league. No doubt because he had to cover for Tiote who couldn't afford to tackle because he was already on a card.