Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

He's hardly played all season though has he? It's not like he's been a regular in the team all season then had the bombshell dropped on him. Pardew gets some deserved flak for his comments, mainly his lack of ambition, undermining what we're capable of, etc, I just think this is nowt tbf.

He's hardly played all season though has he? It's not like he's been a regular in the team all season then had the bombshell dropped on him. Pardew gets some deserved flak for his comments, mainly his lack of ambition, undermining what we're capable of, etc, I just think this is nowt tbf.

If it's that straightforward it makes you wonder why he was unable to extend some basic common courtesy to the player.

You never know if Jonas was out of line and Pardew asked him to find a new club in a respectful manner, or if Pardew didn't have the decency or professionalism to explain to such a good servant to the club why he'd been left out in the cold.

It's just one of those where each party makes out the other party makes the other out to be the villain, and you don't know who to believe...

...unless it involves Newcastle's management in which case it's almost always the player. :laugh: ;)

Pards not being hammered for loving Jonas more than life itself any more then?

Being questioned to why he's moving on without Jonas and not explaining the situation. Can't make this s*** up :lol:

I'm no fan of Jonas and i'm not that bothered with Pardew being ruthless, he ought to be with a few others but, a model pro like Jonas probably deserves an explanation don't you think? Doesn't that just seem like common courtesy?

Eh? He's told a player in December that he can leave, and he's left. Am I missing something or again is it something to shoot Pardew with for little reason? What was he meant to tell him like?

'Well actually Jonas I just think you're shit now, fack orf'.

It's been clear for over a year now why he's not playing. We've got far better players than this time last year.

So if your manager at work just told you to fuck off and you asked why, you would expect nothing less?

Being questioned to why he's moving on without Jonas and not explaining the situation. Can't make this s*** up :lol:

I'm no fan of Jonas and i'm not that bothered with Pardew being ruthless, he ought to be with a few others but, a model pro like Jonas probably deserves an explanation don't you think? Doesn't that just seem like common courtesy?

I can't see how he probably doesn't already know the reason. If you get told to move on from somewhere, your first question would be why?...What would Pardew have said? 'Don't question me, just find another club.. now leave my office'?

It’s probably something Jonas doesn’t really want to explain himself and by saying he doesn’t really know why just avoids telling the fans of his new club that he’s not very good anymore.

Yes, the issue is we don't know what was said between them or how it was said.

Not that it matters either way like, but still think it's a bit harsh considering up until a few weeks ago people were slammed Pardew because Jonas was going to be picked as soon as he was fit.

Edit: or what Brett said.

Yes, the issue is we don't know what was said between them or how it was said.

Not that it matters either way like, but still think it's a bit harsh considering up until a few weeks ago people were slammed Pardew because Jonas was going to be picked as soon as he was fit.

Edit: or what Brett said.

I have no idea what you're on about and Pardew can be slammed for a fair few other decisions over the past few weeks, can't remember any for him 'probably picking Jonas'.

You're just being defensive.

I have no idea what you're on about and Pardew can be slammed for a fair few other decisions over the past few weeks, can't remember any for him 'probably picking Jonas'.

You're just being defensive.

Obviously he can be criticised for plenty, just not this. You must've been in a hole for the last three months if you don't remember the Jonas return fear.

Anyway, as I said, it doesn't really matter.

I met Jonas earlier in the season whilst he just got injured and he told me himself that he'd already been told he wouldn't be playing as regular as he was in previous seasons. So it couldn't have been that much of a shock after a lengthy lay off and the team playing well without him that he's told it would be best for him to find a new club.

Don't believe it's simply find a new club then nothing else. Not that Jonas is in the wrong either for his comments. He's moved on now and it's best for all parties concerned.

Guest reefatoon

I met Jonas earlier in the season whilst he just got injured and he told me himself that he'd already been told he wouldn't be playing as regular as he was in previous seasons. So it couldn't have been that much of a shock after a lengthy lay off and the team playing well without him that he's told it would be best for him to find a new club.

Don't believe it's simply find a new club then nothing else. Not that Jonas is in the wrong either for his comments. He's moved on now and it's best for all parties concerned.

Was that in your office Alan?

Guest Roger Kint

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3555320/sheldon-sarcastic-laugh-o.gif

:shifty:

Eh? He's told a player in December that he can leave, and he's left. Am I missing something or again is it something to shoot Pardew with for little reason? What was he meant to tell him like?

'Well actually Jonas I just think you're shit now, fack orf'.

It's been clear for over a year now why he's not playing. We've got far better players than this time last year.

So if your manager at work just told you to fuck off and you asked why, you would expect nothing less?

"Well on the wages they're on..." etc.

Someone mentioned a clause in Jonas's contract? Three year extension if he reached 200 games, or something.

This.  Taylor and Besty mentioned it in last night's podcast too.  It'd make sense.

Getting a new three year contract doesn't make much sense to me at all. Fine if it was a one year extension, but three? Nah, no way, nah. Anyway, as has been said, he isn't good enough and that's why he's been told to find a new club. Nothing controversial about that at all.

If someone has been working for you for years, giving mainly 100% but hasn't been performing that well for a year or so you don't just cut them off without any explanation. Firstly it's  just not the right thing to do and secondly it is utterly shite management. That seems obvious to me.