Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

The express says we will sell Taylor for 2 million, and that Pardew could put the funds towards signing Robbie Keane.

Please no.........

would you rather shola starting?

that's my angle on it like

Why is it an overrated 30 year old or Ameobi? How bout someone exciting? Keane has shown nowt of late. Spurs supporters don't rate him at all.

The express says we will sell Taylor for 2 million, and that Pardew could put the funds towards signing Robbie Keane.

Please no.........

Why is it an overrated 30 year old or Ameobi? How bout someone exciting? Keane has shown nowt at late. Spurs supporters don't rate him at all.

because the context of the conversation dictates that it is, unless you want to talk about bringing in a different striker or dropping carroll for keane?

Please no.........

Why is it an overrated 30 year old or Ameobi? How bout someone exciting? Keane has shown nowt of late. Spurs supporters don't rate him at all.

But Spurs are significantly better then we are and their alternative options are Defoe, Crouch and Pavliachenko, where as ours are Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Ranger

We cannit be expecting to unearth young gems/bargain signings everyday man - it's not how it works.

We need goals to stay in this league and Keane is the perfect mould for doing that alongside Carroll. Some people are just too snobbish to admit that we're desperate and need a 30 year old striker to help us out.

We cannit be expecting to unearth young gems/bargain signings everyday man - it's not how it works.

We need goals to stay in this league and Keane is the perfect mould for doing that alongside Carroll. Some people are just too snobbish to admit that we're desperate and need a 30 year old striker to help us out.

Wages not too high for us?

I know, that's why I supported the buy of Campbell.

That's just my personal decision. I don't rate Keane, you may have other views on him. There are definitely cheaper and more talented striker out there tho. We don't need to unearth anyone either. Players like Shechter, Gameiro are both talented and fairly proven.

That's just my personal decision. I don't rate Keane, you may have other views on him. There are definitely cheaper and more talented striker out there tho. We don't need to unearth anyone either. Players like Shechter, Gameiro are both talented and fairly proven.

for me it comes down to him being a proven striker in the league and seeming like he could work well with carroll. put it this way i'd be very confident of us staying up if we signed him. if carroll played for a different team and they signed keane to play alongiside him i'd definitely be thinking 'fuck, they're gonna score a hat ful'.

Please no.........

But Spurs are significantly better then we are and their alternative options are Defoe, Crouch and Pavliachenko, where as ours are Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Ranger

Fair point. For me tho, i wouldn't settle for Keane. Looks like i'm on my own when it comes to that anyway:)

Gameiro - Would get fucking killed in the PL tbh

Itay Shechter - Could help us tap into the Bensham fanbase.

Noone can deny that they'd put Keane in over Ameobi or Ranger.

Keane could be a good short term signing if it was 18 months with an option to extend. But I don't think he'd come here on such a short term contract.

Giving him a 2 or 3 year deal would be risky, he's 30 and hasn't scored a Premier League goal since god knows when, and his wage demands will be high. He's clearly not the player he was otherwise he'd be getting games, and at his age he will probably get worse over time. We don't want to wind up with another Viduka/Kluivert type of player who still has the class but is a journeyman on the decline looking for a final payday.

Proven strikers don't come cheap though, so if the deal was a good one I think he'd be well worth a punt. With the kinds of funds Ashley will hand out we would struggle to get better.

Keane would be on hefty wages. I'm sure there will be a decent striker for cheap somewhere. I dont think the risk is worth the potential reward for Keane. If come Jan 31st we dont have anyone, I'd take him.

I'm sorry but:

For me tho, i wouldn't settle for Keane.

is exactly what I was getting at. 'settle' for Keane? You think we're better than him like? Because I see a newly promoted side who need Premier League experience to keep them in the division. We'd not get much better experience right now.